Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1and1 Url forwarding is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have lost access to several domains since i noticed the downtime this morning. I called them, and they assured me they were trying to resolve the problem. The domains are still get a 404 page. I requested a name server change about 2 days ago before this happened, and

I am still getting their name servers

nserver: ns57.1and1.com 217.160.224.132
nserver: ns58.1and1.com 217.160.228.132

The timing is so bad, because this had affected one of my primary domains that is currently in the transfer process to another registrar. I set this transfer in progress a week ago because i feared that my income was risk because of 1and1's slow response time to domain change requests.

Everything takes forever with 1and1. Simple tasks like url forwarding changes take longer than 24hrs to be executed. I wouldn't have expected such a massive behemoth of company to have problems like this. I knew people had issues with transferring and canceling domains. But i expected reliability to not be an issue. I am loosing a boatload, and this sucks.

djriel

Build Cool Things
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why would URL forwarding take longer than 24 hours?

you just log into your pannel and hit "destination"

I've never had any trouble with forwarding, redirecting or cancelling
(haven't tried transfering they're still the cheapest around)

the only thing that I hate is their control panel and the fact that I can only register one name at a time.

?

The fact that they don't support wildcard domains really sucks too I guess... but over all for a bulk owner like me, the savings on the yearly price are worth the hastles...

Cartack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
almost 12 hrs later and url forwarding is still down. My domain still hasn't updated on dns. This is bordering on ridiculous.

Just tried calling, their offces are supposed to open at 8est. its 8:53.. and get nothing but busy signals. Guess its the email route.

Information Hotline

Information by Phone
Please call 1-877-GO-1AND1 (1-877-461-2631) for information about products, features or prices. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST, excluding national holidays.

Information by E-mail
Please send your questions about products, features or prices to [email protected].

Technical Support

1&1’s Technical Support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached by phone and e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom