Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2 weeks and still not got my domain from auction seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate to have to do this but ive been left with no choice.

I won LuxuryCigars.com from gruffyserv on
Saturday, February 08, 2003

I paid for the domain within an hour of the auction ending. I bought about 5 domains, sold 1 and sold a site that day as well so my mprivate message box was buzzing.

I forgot about it for a few days and then remembered i hadnt sorted it - i assumed i had been sent the login details and just couldnt remember them. This i know is my fault.

However gruff is not being as responsive as i would like about this. Even though you should not sell domains that cant be transferred for free, to speed things up i put in a transfer request from enom. This has not been authorised yet.

I dont want gruff to be banned or anything - he has been polite enough in the messages and i know that life away from the computer is more important and something might have come up - i just want my domain. And please no one hound him or whatever until we hear his side of the story. I think thats only fair because we've seen in the past people having problems with sellers and the seller had a valid excuse :D

but its nearly two weeks since the auction and i want to develop it and i think ive been more than patient.

The whois info is still in gruffs name as well so i cant do squat.

Re: luxurycigars.com
ok

ive sent a transfer request

please authorise it - thanks

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gruffyserv wrote on 02-20-2003 12:04 AM:
The domain is in my corporate account with about 60 others - I can't give you access to it or spin it off into another account. It has to be transferred to your registrar.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fonzerelli_79 wrote on 02-19-2003 03:43 PM:
gruffy,

I still cant get logged in - can you send me the log in info again - im going to start something with it this weekend and need this sorted.

Thanks,

fonz

quote:

gruffyserv wrote on 02-17-2003 05:22 PM:
hi, it's at DirectNIC.

fonzerelli_79 wrote on 02-17-2003 11:03 AM:
gruffy,

ive forgotten where luxurycigars was held.

Can you remember which domain you registered it at?

thanks mate ,

Kevin

Upvote 0

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to add a requirement on these posts. You need to PM the person mentioned in the complaint the URL to your post.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
I hate to have to do this but ive been left with no choice.

I paid for the domain within an hour of the auction ending. I bought about 5 domains, sold 1 and sold a site that day as well so my mprivate message box was buzzing.

Why don't you post some facts enstead - I told you to transfer the domain to your registrar as soon as you paid me on Feb.8th.

But you didn't, you waited until February 20th. I still haven't recieved any transfer request from my registrar. Go cry to eNom if and ask them what the delay is.

You will run into this problem with every other seller here if you expect them to hold your hand for 2 weeks after the auction is completed.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it has nothing to do with enom, ive transferred to enom from several different registers and have never had a problem - the process is now started.

the fact remains you broke the rules - you can only participate in the auctions if transfer is free and on this occasion it is not.

I have tried my best to act in a professional and polite manner about this but i dont think that you have done the same.

Anyone who has traded with me on this forum will vouch that i am reliable when it comes to buying and selling and its unfortunate that it has taken you so long to put this through considering i paid you within the hour.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

the fact remains you broke the rules - you can only participate in the auctions if transfer is free and on this occasion it is not.

**Read rule 3 Fonz **

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i stand corrrected.

Fonz, this time i'll let you sit :D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
All's well that ends well!! :D
See you guys tonight at the "Live auction".
Take care.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has traded with me on this forum will vouch that i am reliable when it comes to buying and selling and its unfortunate that it has taken you so long to put this through considering i paid you within the hour.

I don't care who vouches for you. YOU didn't initiate a transfer request until 12 days after paying. I don't know how or why you could possibly twist this into being my fault. I'm not a baby-sitter, maybe if you are lucky someone else on this forum would like the job.

In case you are wondering, "Auto verification of transfer request initiated" means one of eNom's customer service clowns still has to make contact with my registrar.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the "Auto verification of transfer request initiated" stage has never stayed as long as this before - as soon as it is at this stage an email is sent to your register and then to you for verification

this stage took less than 2 days for godaddy,000domains and stargate

can you please just authorise this

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the "Auto verification of transfer request initiated" stage has never stayed as long as this before - as soon as it is at this stage an email is sent to your register and then to you for verification

this stage took less than 2 days for godaddy,000domains and stargate

can you please just authorise this

Yes, if I actually get a request to authorize. I just spoke to DirectNIC, they haven't heard anything from eNom.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i can understand this gruff

there is no need to contrinually lower the tone of the thread - i never once accused you of anything - i am doing my best to keep this transaction professional

how about this : change the whois details of the domain to my details - you can get them from any of the sites on my sig or i can pm you if you want. That way i can authorise my own transfer

this is the best solution :D

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how about this : change the whois details of the domain to my details - you can get them from any of the sites on my sig or i can pm you if you want. That way i can authorise my own transfer

sounds reasonable to me. transactions aren't always perfect, but we can always strive to be civil to one another, especially when things go a little wrong.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can understand this gruff

there is no need to contrinually lower the tone of the thread - i never once accused you of anything - i am doing my best to keep this transaction professional

The title of the thread says you have been waiting two weeks, which you have not. You also go on to say I am unresponsive, which I am not. How were you not accusing me of anything by posting this publicly?

I can change the name servers but changing the admin details wouldn't fix anything. To prevent email hijacking, DirectNIC requires account holders to be logged in to their control panel to approve a transfer from them. E-mail and WHOIS means nothing.

Account holder doesn't approve of it = it doesn't go anywhere.

also

Account holder not sent a transfer request = doesn't go anywhere

What language do I need to translate this into for you?

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well what do you know.

--------------------------------------
Thank you for using the directNIC.com Trouble Ticket System. The following response is from a qualified directNIC customer support team member:

Date: Feb 24, 2003 (20:01)
Hi.

We have not received any transfer-away requests for luxurycigars.com. You may want to contact the gaining registrar and have them resubmit the transfer for the domain. Once we receive the request we will send the administrative contact email address a confirmation email which must be answered in 3 days in order for the transfers to be completed.

Daniel

Customer Support

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its amazing what can be accomplished when basic instructions are followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom