Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

2008 Idate Miami Moniker Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Internet Dating Conference 2008
Miami Beach Convention Center
Miami Beach, FL
January 31 - February 1, 2008

Haven't seen a list of domains posted yet - I didn't submit that many - haven't heard anything about the ones I did submit...

anyone else?

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw somewhere a partial list....but there only goin to be an hour long auction...sent about 10 so will see

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I inquired yesterday as to whether the list was out yet. The reply was, "No."

I'm not even sure why they call it "iDate" when they don't appear to even own the .com or .net. :(

adultdomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to send any names this time, but was much happier with snapnames auction format over Moniker's auction. I know they are "one" company now, but it seems like the seller is at a huge disadvantage if there is no online bidding. Also, the auctioneer snapnames had was a real pro unlike that guy they hired in Vegas. I was shocked that Moniker's people would hire someone so unprofessional.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You were happier with Snapnames format over Monikers???

Wow.

adultdomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed.. In terms of broad access to buyers and general professionalism (via auctioneer). Not to mention from what I have read on this board that Moniker charged 18% commission versus Snapnames 15% or Sedo's 10%.....

What are your thoughts? Why do you think Moniker's auction was better? Maybe I am missing something.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Live is Live. While I questioned their domain stats again, the process went the same as always. Naturally, the best names aren't always selected. But we adjust.

But Silent? Since the move to Snapnames, I'm still trying to find a single status page with the silent names that shows number of bids, current bid, time left, etc. that Moniker offered before they sold us out. And it was never more than 15% and still isn't for me now. I believe that was isolated to one or a few.

On Moniker's platform, buyers saw just the names selected for auction. They did not have to worry about Snapnames offering "other similar names" to potential buyers. And, again, it was consolidated. Not 3 screens to view for every domain like it is now. That's simply crap.

Was Moniker perfect? By no means. But it was simple and easy for the BUYER's convenience (you know, the guy with the MONEY!!) rather than the auctioneer.

adultdomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I understand what you are saying Bellc1. You def have some valid points there.

My impressions on the snapnames live auction was just better run than Moniker's live auction. I as a bidder felt more comfortable with the interface and setup of Snapnames Live platform. Additionally, the auctioneer kept the interest of the crowd (for as long as he could) whereas the auctioneer that Moniker hired actually detracted interest. I have been to several auctions before, and it was a pleasure to witness a real pro working the crowd versus whoever that guy was who ran Moniker's auction. If you watch the auction tonight, you will see what I mean.

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok i found a partial list here
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/monikercom-plays-matchmaker-at-idate-2008,259349.shtml

More than 100 domain names will be on the auction block during the one- hour live auction. An additional 2,000 domain names will be available online. Some of the top names available during the events include

-- Bachelor.com -- SaigonSingles.com
-- MiamiSocialNetworking.com -- InternetDating.us
-- ProgressiveDating.com -- Fun.sc
-- GirlBlog.net -- OnlineFloridaSingles.com
-- LatinBachelors.com -- Honey.net
-- FloridaPersonals.com -- EastHamptonSingles.com
-- ChristianSinglesOnline.com -- CaliSingles.com
-- ChristianDatingOnline.com -- FtWorthSingles.com
-- OrlandoSingles.com -- GalvestonSingles.com
-- LoveMatchDate.com -- IrvingSingles.com
-- HotLocalSingles.com -- MalibuSingles.com
-- BombayWeddings.com -- BermudaPersonals.com
-- HongKongSingles.cn -- TopMen.net
-- MiamBeachDating.com -- GoodGossip.com
-- AsianBachelors.com -- FunDate.mobi and FunDates.mobi
-- CampingDates.com -- SinglesHotel.com

wow top names huh

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats the same list I saw...if those are in the live then FOR SURE mine have got to be LOL

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
-- Bachelor.com --

wow top names huh

Yup. All one of them.

Next thing you know, they'll be doing all real estate names at a REALTOR conference.

Sad to say, I believe the end of Moniker is already here and I'm just not ready for the new generation of Snapnames.

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i show bachelor.com up for bid already in snapnames with a $588,240.00 minimum bid
ends Jan 25.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My rep and I identified a few that if they missed Internext should be considered for iDate. This could be the reason for the delayed iDate list. If one sells in Silent now that is scheduled for iDate live, it screws up the iDate Live list. So maybe they are not publishing the list until after the auctions end on the 25th???

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
true dat! i have maturepersonals.com in the silent and maletomale.com

Downloads

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought i might have stood a chance with

OnlineBlogs.net and GossipForums.com

But obviously i needed 3 words to be accepted!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It says at the top, "more to be added"

I guess they just needed to get SOMETHING out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom