Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

2008 Idate Miami Moniker Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you BellC1

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have 4 on the list - 5 if you count the one i already sold at internext ;)
hopefully more will make it when they put the rest of the list out - anxious to see live!

adultdomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In some ways, when you put a name like lovedones.com at 1M plus, it takes away the legitimacy of the other price ranges. Onlineblogs.net for instance is a better name.. and with only a 5000 max price range. Just saying it brings the quality of the auction down a bit.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have to ask -- what exactly is a lovedones?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hey BELLC- are you in charge??

Where can i submit please ?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Downloads

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In some ways, when you put a name like lovedones.com at 1M plus, it takes away the legitimacy of the other price ranges. Onlineblogs.net for instance is a better name.. and with only a 5000 max price range. Just saying it brings the quality of the auction down a bit.

I'm not following? OnlineBlogs.net being 5k brings the quality down?

Regardless, anyone watch the SnapNames auction live and see how many names didn't sell because everyone thinks their domain is worth $1m?

I was trying to be realistic with a reserve price and sell a domain, if it goes higher than the 0-5k reserve then great, but i can't be bothered listing it for 50k when it won't sell for 50k. I really wouldn't bother wasting my own time personally.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not following? OnlineBlogs.net being 5k brings the quality down?
I read it differently. I think adultdomain likes OnlineBlogs.net at that price range. It was the LoveDones.com at 1m that detracts from auction I think he/she meant.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will bid only if silent is @ Snapnames

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's LOVED ONES
not loveDONES

i have none in live - several in silent

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally I make one into the live......but how much "traffic" will this live auction have???

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh you are right what confused me there is twice the pink row with "Friday - February 1, 2008"

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think the market is flooded. It's actually a good direction. The much needed challenge is to raise the quality of the auctions and to further refine the niche industry focus as in Real Estate Domains, Financial domains, etc.

The name selection is souring domainers ... drawing enough negative attention to the point it is diminishing the quality and momentum behind these events. Like going to a Sotheby's auction because high-end collectibles are advertised, but then finding 80% is flea market quality.

The marketing of the auctions is pitiful. TRAFFIC is by far outdoing all others in terms of creating a newsworthy event. Sedo, Namejet, Snapnames, etc have decent auction formats but no one other than domainers has ever heard of these companies. The circle is very, very small and the power of targeted advertising close to non-existent. Spinning in circles somewhat with the exception of TRAFFIC.

You make a valid point about more not necessarily being the answer. We need higher quality logical names, with targeted announcement efforts to industry pros, and perhaps better qualification of buyers as deadbeat buyers are definitely slipping into the auctions.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received this edited announcment from Snapnames regarding the iDate auction. Has anyone heard of whether or not Snapnames will have a Live video feed instead of just the broadcast on webmasterradio.fm ??

====================

Dating and Social Networking Domains go on the auction block TODAY in Live Domain Auction

Some of the best domains available for the Internet Dating and Social Networking industries' will be available for auction in a Live Domain Auction presented by Moniker. The auction will take place at 2:30 p.m. PST/5:30 p.m. EST at the iDate 2008 and Social Networking Conference being held this week in Miami Beach.

Top inventory includes:

AsianBachelors.com
CampingDates.com
ChristianSinglesOnline.com
DatingClassifieds.com
DearValentine.com *
eRomance.com
FemaleCharms.com *
FloridaPersonals.com
FtWorthSingles.com
Fun.sc
FunDate.mobi/FunDates.mobi
GirlBlog.net
GoodGossip.com
GuyNextDoor.com *
Honey.net
HotLocalSingles.com
InternetDating.us
Introduction.com
IWantU.com (portfolio & assets)
LatinBachelors.com
LegalWomen.com *
LoveMatchDate.com
MalibuSingles.com
MenGoneWild.com
MiamBeachDating.com
MiamiSocialNetworking.com
Neighborhood.com
OrlandoSingles.com
Personals.net
ProgressiveDating.com
SinglesHotel.com
TGP.com
WeddingVows.com
WomanNextDoor.com *

How to bid in this auction:

Bidding in this live event is available through:

Absentee Bidding - Submit a form with the lots you're interested in and your maximum bid for each. The auctioneer bids on your behalf
Telephone Bidding - A proxy bidder will call you when the lot you're interested in comes up for bidding. You determine if you want to bid, and the amount of your bid, live on the telephone.
These bidding options are available for $299. While this fee cannot be refunded, the full amount will apply toward any purchase you make. Find out more by contacting [email protected] or visit the Moniker website for Absentee and Telephone bidding details.

Listen Live on WebmasterRadio

The Live Auction will also be broadcast live on Webmaster Radio.FM. Tune in by visiting http://www.webmasterradio.fm/. WebmasterRadio is the premier online radio network focused on the B2B marketplace. During the auction, listeners will be able to join the chat room and connect with peers in real time.

SnapNames, Moniker and DomainSponsor are brands of Oversee.net, an innovative leader in domain services and marketing services. The Company serves domain name customers at all levels and supports the entire life cycle of domain name procurement, monetization and sales.

Update Profile

This email was sent by: SnapNames 1600 SW Fourth St. Suite 400 Portland, OR, 97201, USA

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be live video? It starts soon doesn't it?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just been looking at my Snapnames auction account and my names have not yet even been listed yet. With Internext, they were listed several days prior.

Can anyone see their names they have on auction in their Snapnames auction account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom