Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

50% difference between estimated and final yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Final rev for me was cut 50% from the estimated on 2009-03-10...50% is harsh and i think the worst I have seen at parked...

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had one last week that went from $1.25 to..

Wait for it..

Wait for it..

$0.01.....

Those "estimated" values can be pesky at times but you never seem to see people complaining when the estimates go up (I've seen this a few times). :)

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those "estimated" values can be pesky at times but you never seem to see people complaining when the estimates go up (I've seen this a few times). :)

If they were adjusted up as often as they were down I wouldn't be talking about it.

BTW, I'm talking estimate and final for the entire day.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually this is being worked on now. The finalized stats included the wrong international numbers. If you wait about 30-60 minutes the finalized numbers will be updated with the right international information.

Donny

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds good...seemed extreme

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually put the breaks on a deal this week because of this down turn. I had a steady earner that suddenly for whatever reason tanked the last 6 days, I called off the deal as I am just that nice :) But any way so you are saying we should see corrections tonight, if so for how many days back? Thanks

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
todays 50% is back now.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not just a very short term or daily thing but seems to be a longer term downward trend in revenue, at least over past few weeks with revenue looking dismal and little sign of improvement.

In addition, my TQ Score keeps on looking weak such as today's low 3 but I happen to know for a fact my real traffic quality is much better than a 3 and also well targeted and quite good overall and should be somewhere in 6 to 10 area imo. In fact, last year there were extended times when my TQ was actually a 10.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone I know is moving their generic traffic domains to parked and doing just fine. Have you tried playing with the keywords & further optimizing your domains bro? Are they generics or blocked typos?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw no bump in revenue yesterday a all or retro bump.

To me it looks like visits are down and the ppc is down again nearly 50%. Hope it turns around soon, could just be one of those things :(

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL Doc...the 50% I was referring to was related to what Donny said "wrong international numbers".

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What happened yesterday was Yahoo didn't include all of the countries when they provided us with the finalized data. So we had to go back and add te additional ones. There was no possible way for anybody to go lower after we added 8 extra countries/markets.

Donny

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looking at it again...looks like 40% is back not 50%...but that's par for the course.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Things are looking really weak with my stats this year and especially recently. Unfortunately, may be forced to move some names elsehwhere to see if they can do better very soon because what with the rescession and area home price declines of more than 50% things are looking extremely bleak and depressing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a few concerns that I will address in due time.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am losing my faith in parked. My account manager changed and my rev has tanked. Going to have to move some of my names out soon, which is upsetting as parked is such a great, user-friendly system. :sigh2:

Edit :- for the record

RPM is down by 50% this year compared to last. Now at just $15.33

Names are spread across various niches, including strong dot com generics like "EventSecurity" and "AccessTechnology" as well as some lesser names like 3 character .coms etc

Focus, is it possible you may receive some favourable percentages at parked seeing as you have such a close relationship? I know domainsponsor do that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom