Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

50% difference between estimated and final yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I am trialing names there again and I have only seen one day in double digits.

Most of my days do not even break the $1.00 mark.

Overall, traffic captured is about 30% of the traffic numbers for Sedo, Bodis, and Fabulous.

I am giving it time as I know it takes awhile to "propagate" but beyond the 2 week mark for most.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! Delayed stats.

"Yo, hit the breaks! I gotta count this shit before I start cuttin' checks!. Ooops sorry, I mean it's a highly scientific algorithm delayed by 24 hours."

Welcome to web income sources in 2009...

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of our smaller providers decided to change their stats format today without letting us know so it took us a little while to get eveything finalized today.

And as of right now stats will probably be delayed for about 6 hours on Saturday as Yahoo will be doing some maintenance on their stats system.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For everyone in this thread with low traffic & low rev accounts who are saying the stats are down and rev is down, yada yada yada...there are hundreds more reading this who are making more money than ever with parked.com and having great final numbers as usual..you only hear about the complaints and it's always the same people, everyone making money & having good numbers is'nt saying anything for fear of it going down. You can only make what your domains are really worth ppc wise based upon the traffic they generate no matter where you park them at. If you have sucky domains with low value clicks or no clicks at all or lots of bot traffic being filtered out it is'nt parked.com's fault so blame your portfolio. ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not as simple as that, Chris. Clicks that used to make several bucks each do not occur anymore at Yahoo feeds. However, I still get such "juicy" clicks at Sedo, which uses Google as the primary feed provider. Yahoo's policy of "clawing back" what didn't result in a sale is pure bullshit.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about..2 or 3 clicks? It's hard to quantify a parking companies overall payouts or the state of Yahoo's payout values based on very low traffic/click numbers.. high value Yahoo keywords routinely pay several dollars per click and even more for quality traffic in the right niches..if your clicks are'nt producing any sales or results why would an advertiser pay several dollars for it? Also, many advertisers who used to advertise are not doing so right now because of the economy or they have lowered their bids on many keywords that used to be speculative & now they are concentrating more on ones that actually produce. This is not parked.com's fault or even Yahoo's fault. Nobody is at fault, it's the economy and for many of us there has not been a huge decrease in anything but that depends on your domains & how much traffic they generate and what people click on, which is surely not identical for anyone, or any day for that matter. Sure some numbers are lower than last year this time but what do you expect right now? Why does parked/yahoo still pay you for multiple clicks when google does'nt?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You might as well start blaming the weather.

If the PPC provider and the feed provider are not at fault, who is at fault? The domain visitors still click. When I get paid less, it's because I am being given less.

Yahoo & Google post record earnings each quarter and they keep more from our traffic and clicks.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So that means you are making what like $10 less a month parking?

The answer is:

"It is what it is" which means in this case it simply is the value for what you have or generate. There is no smoking gun or finger to point here, it's just what the value is.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I move my domains to whoever pays more on a consistent basis. My Sedo earnings were in the 5 figures in 2008.

Don't get me started, Chris...

Let's see....Google bans domains at Parked.com

Parked.com blocks DomainTools and other syndicated content exchangers.

Result: natural traffic drops to nothing.

I said I'd talk about it in due time.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well for quality US traffic from type-in I know for an absolute fact my domains make waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more with parked.com than sedo. I will put up $10,000 cash to anyone who want's to bet against this if you want me to perform & post a controlled experiment with known steady traffic generic domain names from several different industries. Amongst several factors for this, one of the major one's being the credit/payment for multiple clicks at parked.com when sedo only pay's you for one even if your "credit card" or "credit report" visitor clicks 10 different links...now tell me that is fair to you as a customer? Same thing for other google parking feeds as far as I know..

Today last year, (12 months ago) my daily RPM at parked.com was $216.01 RPM which was about the same most days then..the average overall finalized RPM this week in 2009 is running at $194.04 with about 25% less traffic than I had this time last year due to less traffic as some names were sold/removed/developed, etc...not really a huge difference when you do the math on it and the longer term comparisons are the same...value changes if any have been nominal and more people are parking at parked.com than ever before because the payouts are so good and usually way more than sedo. In fact, most people LOVE to buy domains parked at sedo just like I routinely do so that you can move them to parked.com and make sometimes 25% to 75% (or as I have seen on some 200%+) more overall a month with them because of better keyword control, layouts, payouts, & counting of multiple clicks (if you have the traffic & clicks) Obviously on very small portfolio's or low traffic numbers any slight fluctuations will seem extreme compared to the larger ones that are actually better indicators on any current trends. The trend right now at parked.com is great. Steady, reliable, & easy to use with payouts twice a month along with more templates & options than ever before and the best customer service on the Internet.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not everyone has 10,000 domain portfolios. The system should work consistently for the same keywords and clicks. The truth is, I don't see the advantage that Yahoo provided last year. It's gone. The multiple clicks at $0.01 - $0.07 won't cut it. I prefer the single click that counts for $0.50 - $x.00

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I myself surely don't have that many domains parked...not sure who here does but I'm not one of them. I have a mid-size domain portfolio and I know that there are many with alot more traffic/clicks/domains than me. I'm somewhere in the middle of it all but my traffic is from many different industries like credit cards, credit reports, health, consumer products & services..the vast majority of my traffic is generic & type-in from the USA so it's a good indicator of payouts from Yahoo and I have not seen much if any difference other than the obvious trackable ones due to less advertisers or lower click bid values because of the economy right now for certain industries. If you actually looked at the keyword bids on alot of popular keywords last year compared to now the difference is pretty signifigant yet parked.com payouts have remained commensurate to what they actually get paid for on your clicks from Yahoo. They can't just pull more money out of their A$ses now can they? If your getting a .01 - .07 click it's probably not US traffic and it's probably not from the Yahoo feed but one of the alternate feeds. When you goto the parking page YOU may see yahoo based ads but that's not what your visitor in India is clicking on.

Here is a perfect example of a generic type-in domain in the "wood shutter" business that made this yesterday:

2009-03-12 1 6 $3,810.00 600.00% $0.64 $3.81

If it was parked with sedo and I got the exact same click value (probably would be less) I would have only made 0.64 instead of almost $4 USD. You do the math. :yes:

same domain earlier this week: 2009-03-07 2 8 $3,470.00 400.00% $0.87 $6.94 (or only 0.87 w/sedo)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am comparing Sedo and Parked of last year to Sedo and Parked of this year. The odds have changed and I am not the only one witnessing this. In fact, I didn't even start this thread.

My traffic is US/Europe with very little drips of Asian traffic. I don't care to excavate what feed it comes from, I park with PPC companies so that I don't have to worry about the feed. But apparently, the answer is to go with single feed providers so that you know what you're getting instead of constant downward trends.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe your specific domains will make more using the google feed w/sedo because of the source of the traffic & a good portion of it being non-USA. This is probably exactly why.

If you have USA traffic there is not really a better place to park it than at parked.com imo, but alot of people do well with some overseas traffic as well there..it all just depends on the countries & what the actual clicks are I guess. I know Donny has said many times not every domain is going to be perfectly suited to just one parking company or parked.com for that matter..if you need to use sedo for your specific names and don't mind them stealing your multiple clicks, then so be it. This thread was about a delayed stats update on International traffic value which was rectified to the OP's satisfaction when parked.com finished their stats update per Donny's post.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Right now, I am not debating who's better to get started with. I've been with Sedo since 2004 and for a year and a half at Parked. I'm comparing "yesterday" and "today" and it's not looking good at Parked.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then you are the minority. But I still love you like a long lost sister! :love: :hug:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I doubt I am the minority. And it will get worse as summer approaches.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For everyone in this thread with low traffic & low rev accounts who are saying the stats are down and rev is down, yada yada yada...there are hundreds more reading this who are making more money than ever with parked.com and having great final numbers as usual..you only hear about the complaints and it's always the same people, everyone making money & having good numbers is'nt saying anything for fear of it going down. You can only make what your domains are really worth ppc wise based upon the traffic they generate no matter where you park them at. If you have sucky domains with low value clicks or no clicks at all or lots of bot traffic being filtered out it is'nt parked.com's fault so blame your portfolio. ;)

I can assure you that is not my situation. Most of my traffic is quality and well targeted but has been on a downward slide for a while for no apparent reason.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt I am the minority. And it will get worse as summer approaches.

Positive thinking I see... :cool:

Trader, how much of your traffic is USA? What kind of if any decrease can you accurately say you have seen? Care to post stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom