Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

50% difference between estimated and final yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who can give me more news about Google banned Parked.com domains?

Because I have a domain had 300-400 stable visitors/day (on Parked.com 1-2 months ago), so I've parked it on Sedo for some weeks (for a test) and now the name is on Parked again but the traffic is near zero :?:

What's happen?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Positive thinking I see... :cool:

Trader, how much of your traffic is USA? What kind of if any decrease can you accurately say you have seen? Care to post stats?

Chris, I am comparing trends. We are at the end of Q1 and summer is always slower. I am a positive thinker but stats convince me otherwise.

I want to believe :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who can give me more news about Google banned Parked.com domains?

Because I have a domain had 300-400 stable visitors/day (on Parked.com 1-2 months ago), so I've parked it on Sedo for some weeks (for a test) and now the name is on Parked again but the traffic is near zero :?:

What's happen?

When you moved it to sedo it probably got de-indexed from google.
Parked.com pages sometimes rank very well in the search engines because they are more like "real websites" than sedo parking pages and the search engine spiders see them differently. Best bet is to not use sedo because they are not nearly as good as parked.com and things like this happen.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you moved it to sedo it probably got de-indexed from google.
Parked.com pages sometimes rank very well in the search engines because they are more like "real websites" than sedo parking pages and the search engine spiders see them differently. Best bet is to not use sedo because they are not nearly as good as parked.com and things like this happen.

Thanks for the clarification :)
I've always used Parked.com I've changed parking company only for a test some weeks...what a mistake!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah well for most people and most domains the others do suck, literally!

Parked.com is by far the leader & best choice in domain name parking today.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow. I take a night off and 15 posts. Wow.

Let's clarify a few things, the average RPC in the first quarter of 2009 is exactly the same so far as the RPC in the fourth quarter of 2008. The CTR is up 2 whole points since the 4th quarter. And the overall RPM is up $3.13 since last quarter. One day this week we had more than 25,000 clicks that were paid out more than $1.00.

We have a reason that we block domaintools.com I don't know of any other site like that that we specificially block, but if you have a valid reason why we shouldn't I'll unblock them, it only takes me about 30 seconds.

As far as search engines blocking Parked.com domains, yesterday we received over 800,000 hits from domains with a Google referrer and that wasn't a adsense referrer. Sure some domains to get blocked when they use us, but domains get blocked whether you use a parking company or not.

I think all parking companies and even the mini-site/content companies have a place in this industry. Everybody has different domains, some work with different companies, it usually always depends on the domain. Three weeks ago one of our customers who has been with us for a while asked me why he wasn't making the same money he was a year before I explained that there was the economy thing that was going on. But based on his domains and his traffic I had always told him that I thought he would do better with a Google AFD feed like Sedo, Namedrive, or Fabulous he had tried them before but always came back. I told him to give Sedo or RevenuDirect a try again to see if he saw any changes now, he moved all 5,000 domains and called me about 3 days later all excited that he had doubled his revenue, it's the type of domains that he owns. Yesterday I noticed that all of the domains were back with us again, he called me and said it was short lived and he was making half of what he was with us so he was back again.

I know people who park domains with us and then move them to another Yahoo provider and then move them back 2 weeks later saying that we pay them more than the other provider. And at the same time I have people who come to us from another place and say the other Yahoo provider pays them more so they go back. In this case it's all about the keywords that are on a domain.

Theo - If you have any recommendations, you know that I will always listen, even when we used to fight over the whole Yahoo sucks things I always respected your opinion. Tell me what we are doing wrong and I'll see if I can fix it.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donny, I didn't wish this to escalate into a nasty thread as it did in the past. Right now, I am looking for answers about why revenue's PPC has dropped so much and whether I'm best suited to wait it out or move out. My concerns with Google's behavior towards sites on the Parked.com platform are valid, at least for me. These domains seem to fall off the face of the "earth", unlike domains at Sedo.

There are pros and cons with using either company, or others, and I am not going to recommend one or the other with an "ultimatum". Domain owners should conduct their own research and base their decision on the results they get.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro - I didn't think this was escalating all I thought it was a friendly discussion. I was looking at it from a standpoint that if you saw a problem you would tell me what it was so I could fix it or at least try. If you think you see something like Google dropping domains from the index that are with us and not somebody else, give me some examples on both sides so I can take a look. Like I said I've seen some that have gotten dropped but then came back a few weeks later, sometimes it is a game. The solution may be very simple.

Any examples that you have will definitely help, even like I said the thing about domaintools would help.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom