Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

accepted my first certified offer from NSI today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will let you no how smooth a transaction it is

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had one fail because the domain wasn't registered for 60 days as it was a caught drop. So since I couldn't transfer it, they KO'd the deal.

-=DCG=-

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
I will let you no how smooth a transaction it is

I completed one a few days ago. Now I am in the "wait 3-4 weeks for payment" stage.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jazz said:
They are in the market of purchasing domain names now? Why would they even need to do that?

------------------------------
money. they get 5% of the sales price if the offer is accepted.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had one of these transaction finish in August or September. Ended up being a name I caught that the previous owner wanted back, whoops.

Transaction went smoothly. Name was at enom. They transferred it to a network solutions account and kept my whois info, I think right up to the moment I received the check. Mailed me a check which I cashed the next day at my local branch of a large American bank. Went and spent the money on more gas for the generators...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have submitted several Certified Offfers and disappointed to see no one even bothered to make me a counter-offer so it was all a waste of money and time.

On one of them I later found out the admin email address NetSol was sending the offers to was bad so the owner never did know about the offer but was still charged for it by NetSol. I tried calling the owner but phone disconnected, no new listing in directory service and website is down. Problem is the name has several thousand OV returns with the ext included but no way to buy it and it does not expire until 2009. What do I do?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please tell all - what was the offer if I may ask..?

Good Luck!

It was only 100.00 dollars, but it was a name I made 200 a dollars ayr in ppc. I contacted the marketing director directly it was ragshops.com I wasnt aware there was a company named ragshop, (my wife told me)I offered to give them the name i feel guilty taken traffic from a trademarked name and was going to let expire if they didnt want it. they said they wanted it, but being itsyourdomain required so much to transfer I let it expire, then 3 days into expriartion ragshop made me an offer for 100 dollars so i redeemed it for 8.75 and am selling it to them.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
I have submitted several Certified Offfers and disappointed to see no one even bothered to make me a counter-offer so it was all a waste of money and time.

On one of them I later found out the admin email address NetSol was sending the offers to was bad so the owner never did know about the offer but was still charged for it by NetSol. I tried calling the owner but phone disconnected, no new listing in directory service and website is down. Problem is the name has several thousand OV returns with the ext included but no way to buy it and it does not expire until 2009. What do I do?
As A reseller I don't think it's worth it to use NSI Certified offer, more for endusers.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Deal was squashed by my registrar, I thought the 60 day rule was only for new registrations, but I guess it pertains to renewals too.

The Transfer Out request for domain RAGSHOPS.COM has been denied. Because we are
bound to very strict security standards, the Transfer Out criteria must match
exactly. The reason for denial is as follows:

The domain has been renewed less than sixty days ago. Transfer out is not
permitted within sixty days of renewal. These time periods are clearly noted in
section 6 of our Terms of Service.

Please address the above condition before another transfer request is
submitted.

GypsyBee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:
I completed one a few days ago. Now I am in the "wait 3-4 weeks for payment" stage.

Chatcher, did you ever get your check? A buyer initiated the process at NSI. After I went on the NSI site to agree to it, I didn't get a confirmation email about it. I did see the explanation about how they go about sending the check. Anyway, a few days later, I received the request from NSI to transfer the domain name to their registry. I approved it a few days ago, but haven't heard anything more from them as of yet.

M

mole

fatter said:
The domain has been renewed less than sixty days ago. Transfer out is not permitted within sixty days of renewal. These time periods are clearly noted in section 6 of our Terms of Service.

ACK!! A prospective seller recently renewed a domain that had already gone into redemptionperiod after asking if I wanted the name.

Question : Will the seller not be able to transfer the name to me for 60 days because of this? Any clues much appreciated.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GypsyBee said:
Chatcher, did you ever get your check? A buyer initiated the process at NSI. After I went on the NSI site to agree to it, I didn't get a confirmation email about it. I did see the explanation about how they go about sending the check. Anyway, a few days later, I received the request from NSI to transfer the domain name to their registry. I approved it a few days ago, but haven't heard anything more from them as of yet.

Yes I got the check just a few days after they approved the transfer. I have another sale going now where they told me to unlock the domain within 5 days, but I have yet to reveive a transfer message. It appears they may be running slower now.

mole said:
ACK!! A prospective seller recently renewed a domain that had already gone into redemptionperiod after asking if I wanted the name.

Question : Will the seller not be able to transfer the name to me for 60 days because of this? Any clues much appreciated.

It depends on the registrar. There 60-day registry limitation only applies to a new registration, but some registrar have some strange policies.

M

mole

chatcher said:
It depends on the registrar. There 60-day registry limitation only applies to a new registration, but some registrar have some strange policies.

Ditto gypsy, chuck. Thanks for providing hope that I can convert this sale in the coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom