Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Al-Jazeera Web site hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only an ignorant person would do such a thing. Al-Jazeera is not a terrorist group, it's a legitimate news source based in Quatar (a U.S. ally). Attempting to quench this voice, regardless of whether or not you agree with their reporting style, is contrary to the message of freedom that these "hackers" think they're expressing. The fact is, Al-Jazeera is criticized in many Muslim countries for being too moderate. They have a NYSE stock ticker on the bottom of the screen for crying out loud!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course, they want every channel to look like CNN. I do not blame ABC, NBC or even CBS because these are American television networks: ABC stands for American Broadcasting Corporation and NBC National Broadcasting Corporation, but I thought CNN had been trying to be a global media, and now they are telling everybody that they are only an American network. Embedded reporters ... LOSERS!

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CNN actually has two channels. There's the domestic CNN, and there's CNN International. CNN International is markedly better than the domestic CNN, but it's still not fully objective reporting. I agree that it's impossible to report both sides accurately when the reporters are "embedded" in the U.S. Military. But then, maybe they don't have any interest in being objective. For a global news perspective, try http://news.google.com/ which is compiled automatically from thousands of international news sources, without the bias of a human editor.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think CNN is pretty unbiased in their reporting. They sure do a lot of coverage of the protests and put the bozos from Iraq on live every time they step up to the microphones, without censoring some of their comments about all us Infidels. Still waiting for Saddam to step back up to the plate. Where's Waldo anyway?

Here's a site from CNN that some of you anti-US guys may prefer.

http://arabic.cnn.com/

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow... I don't think anybody is anti-US. That's a pretty strong statement. I don't agree with this war, but I love the U.S.

CNN is not the worst news network (FOX holds that title in my opinion), but there is definitely room for improvement. Sure, they cover the anti-war rallies, but they also give nearly equal coverage to pro-war rallies, even though the anti-war rallies have 100 times the number of people. Also, they haven't been reporting the number of Iraqi citizen deaths to the extent that the international media has. The other day I actually heard an embedded CNN reporter describe the scene of the tanks rolling across the desert as "beautiful." I think that's very warped.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anti-US ... yes, it's a very serious allegation particularly for fellow Americans. It reminds me of what the Chinese government has been doing (more often in the pre-open days): they accuse those who oppose the Communist Party as anti-China. I guess their formula is that: Communist Party = China. Now that the warmonger Bush Administration = America, so all you anti-war protesters are anti-US! LOL! :laugh:

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think its hard for any national based news service not to be biased

american news services will be biased to the usa
british news services will be biased to the uk
japan news services will..

and so on and so on

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The link was provided for the anti-US guys as it said. If you count yourself in that group, then it was meant for you. If you don't, then it isn't.

Simple

windows22

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well I only have CNN and BBCworld , wish i had Al-Jazeera (in english of course) and/or euronews as a different source to the "pentagon channels".

I am disapointed of CNN as I belived they was an independent worldwide news service, but end up as a major part of the pentagon propaganda machinery. Yeahh, I know they are american...........

Just my 2c...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember watching CNN's Bill Hemmer interviewing Daniel Demoustier, the surviving cameraman who got shot with the killed ITN journalist Terry Lloyd, the other day. Still VISIBLY shaking after more than 24 hours of the friendly fire incident, he answered if he regretted going in there alone, saying that although embedded reporters got excellent pictures (like those "beautiful tank scenes"), it's important to get INDEPENDENT reports of what this war was really like (that's what the I of ITN/ITV is about). They were fully aware of the danger and they chose to go that way FOR the rest of us. My salutation.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The BBC Arabic satalite tv station was banned by the Arabic satalites (by objecting Arab governments) - so alJazeera was created :)

Same reporters and staff - but they grew their own way. Still present most of the BBC English "annoying" reports about paranoid Arab governments. It was almost baned 2 months ago the same way the BBC was - but survived, but gets "anti-" label there to.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
shiftlock says: it's a legitimate news source based in Quatar (a U.S. ally

Shiftlock, Al-Jazeera a legitmate news source? Give me a BREAK.

On the domestic front, FOX News is where it's at!

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JAY LENO, THE TONIGHT SHOW: I'm Jay Leno. Connie Chung is off tonight.

Did you hear about this?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No. What's up?

LENO: Connie Chung got fired. CNN fired her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Whoa.

LENO: Whew! It was so cruel how she found out. She was watching FOX News.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domnet

Shiftlock, Al-Jazeera a legitmate news source? Give me a BREAK.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Why do you think otherwise? It's not a government run network. It's an independent news network which is very uninfluenced in its reporting. It's just as hated in the Arab world for the things it airs as it is in the U.S. Many Middle Easterners think Al-Jazeera is pro-U.S. and many Americans think it's anti-U.S. Fact is, it just reports the facts and doesn't censor much. That offends people on both sides. It REALLY IS a legitimate news network, contrary to what you may think

Originally posted by domnet

On the domestic front, FOX News is where it's at!

Ah, that explains it. Open your eyes to something new instead of propaganda, and you will be enlightened. FOX News has about the worst reporting I've seen.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FirstPlace

Aljazeera is STATE owned and operated. Fox news is not.

Your opinion on Fox news is obviously not the norm, as it is kicking the pants off of CNN and every other news channel. Fair and balanced----and the world's viewers obviously concur...

FOX news is owned by the GOP :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The incident that got most people angry with al-Jazeera were the news clips showing beating of American POW's, and dead GI's, shot betwen eyes by captors, etc.

House passd a resolution 480-0 threatening war crimes prosecution against Iraq after these clips were shown on Capitol Hill. None of the US news organizations allow these clips.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom