Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

All zipcodes in .US extension go live

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still don't get the point behind registering all those zipcodes. Its huge registration fees every year...not sure if sites can recover all that cost.

I guess I can do all the zipcodes in USA and everywhere else worldwide using sub-domains on our: Zipcode101.com - your complete local guide

And it will cost only $7/year :)

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the .us zips weren;t registered they are still owned by the DOC ,,as well as ALL 5 number combos www.00000.us etc,,

my guess is each and every zip (or typo where all 5 number combos also land in the directory) is an Entry point , everyone knows there own zip and could enter the directory from that point.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... they also said all zips are being populated with local specfic data and should propagate withing a couple weeks.
What a complete effort. No gaps in zip code coverage. Unprecedented! :car:

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remember that a ton of the local government related sites for their cities, towns, libraries etc etc already have a .US presense. People are already going to a US site to pay taxes, obtain new car registrations, etc etc and will in huge numbers across the nation soon. The .US extension doesn't need to replace .com, large business will wake up to the fact that they will also want a .US or lose traffic, whether they point the .US to their .com or the other way around. Small business will soak up .US generics even faster.

There is NO question of whether .US will take hold, it's a question of how fast.
Thanks StocDoctor
An excellent point!!
:clap2:

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the .us network will make zip code com's more or less valuable?

Probably more valuable as they get some traffic bleed from the .us zipsites . As the internet grows and more extensions are developed it will benefit everyone. Only those who want to hold a monopoly and hold progress back should be scared because they are not in tuned with the future.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And this does

"KNOCK THE DOMAIN NAME INDUSTY BETWEEN THE EYES"

Choose your city.....hmmmmm

-----
Nice to see a TOPIC stirred you from your slumber oldtimer. Good insights and points on this hot topic....
hmmmmm

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just noting that your reg'ed @ DNF in Nov '03

and in 3 years only 9 post and 8 of them are in this thread.

:wave: welcome to DNF if you have been away...or?

Most of my domains are .US and I have just recently become active as a domainer because of the recent rise of interest in the .US extension. I am used to speaking my mind and call things as I see them, if that is not proper in this forum please let me know.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of my domains are .US and I have just recently become active as a domainer because of the recent rise of interest in the .US extension. I am used to speaking my mind and call things as I see them, if that is not proper in this forum please let me know.

That's Great!
:mod: Please do speak up and call it like you see it.
You have added (IMO) valuable info to this thread.

Just wondering why 99% of all your post (so far) are in this thread after 3 years of being a member.

-----
And the Exclusives know what I'm talking about with the "Eyes knocking" ;-)

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's Great!
:mod: Please do speak up and call it like you see it.
You have added (IMO) valuable info to this thread.

Just wondering why 99% of all your post (so far) are in this thread after 3 years of being a member.

-----
And the Exclusives know what I'm talking about with the "Eyes knocking" ;-)

Because this thread is about .US zipsites. Choosing .US for this network is great news for those who look forward to the growth of this extension and I am personally very exited about all the attention that .US is getting. I am not affiliated or connected to any company that is involved with this network, I am just a fan of .US and like to see more people using it. By the way this is my last explanation concerning this matter. Lets hear some more opinions about the impact of the .US zipsites on the future of local search.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once this platform is set in motion,,it will give quite the platform for communicating national issues on a local level,,,all in ones OWN zip,,which doesnt have to be told where you already know your own zip....

i proposed to them yesterday they should set up where folks can have an account at their zip for email , news etc,,, email like [email protected] etc,,,

This is No doubt The largest network of Individual sites ....from this platform communication to general public is endless...

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i proposed to them yesterday they should set up where folks can have an account at their zip for email , news etc,,, email like [email protected] etc,,,

Z that's a great idea, it will help to make .US even more popular if people can have their own zipcode email.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Z that's a great idea, it will help to make .US even more popular if people can have their own zipcode email.

,,where most folks visit sites to get there email it will not only bring the traffic but the everyday use of .us from the general public,, hopefully they;ll implement it.

the selling of .us domains on each and every zip site is great as well some 50,000 plus zip sites where you can link to buy a .us

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Z, I think that you should order some Champaign to celebrate all this good news about .Us , but be sure to get some cheap wine too for those who come to the party late.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do NOT want to see the registry directly competing with it's domainer clients though. Promote the extension great, but don't take domains and compete against us. Get the idea?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You're saying it was a special deal with Neustar. I find it hard to believe that until now, not a single person registered a ZIP code in .US - a simple 5 digit number. So it's questionable if the set is complete in the hands of Vendare Media, since these numeric domains were not reserved to begin with when .US was launched.

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're saying it was a special deal with Neustar. I find it hard to believe that until now, not a single person registered a ZIP code in .US - a simple 5 digit number. So it's questionable if the set is complete in the hands of Vendare Media, since these numeric domains were not reserved to begin with when .US was launched.

They were indeed reserved from the beginning and they still are in a special enhanced reserve status.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So let me get this straight...the 5-digit numeric .us domains were reserved from the beginning, but now they were sold en masse to a company? What sort of "reserving" is this?

"Enhanced reserve" status - sounds as kosher as Enom's "Extended RGP"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom