Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

am I entitled to a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lot's of wisdom here.

A guy offer's to sell him domain name with traffic and provides a screen shot
the traffic is worth the offer so he buys the name. THe first question i would ask is what key word he was useing. or words. then ask for his help to get the traffic back
you bought the name and now because you don't recive traffic he is to blame,
domain ppc is cycles one month you will be the king and the next month your traffic will change. I don't belive you need a refund. You need to ask him about the keyword he was useing. this thread is a joke with a bunch if people that want to hurt someone.
There is always two sides. This is one. I made 1500 the first 15 days with goldkey
and now I make 200 a month if the traffic goes so should you. try other programs
at least you know the traffic is out there you just need to apply yourself...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, but we are told there is 0 traffic now.
so, how does the keyword effect it if there is 0 traffic (If) ???

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
trader..I mentioned in my first few posts my sole intentions for starting this thread..which was to get other views to see if I am correct and are entitled to a refund. Hence the title of the thread: "Am I entitled to a refund?" not a "beware of scammer" thread. hopefully, this issue will be solved once the seller reads the thread.

Agree a beware thread may not be so good but only reason I said sales thread name should be given is so others can give better feedback on the domain and the way it was advertised plus others may have had dealings before with the seller and can give that feedback too, good or bad. In addition, some here seem to be guessing who the seller is and the thread and may be wrong.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
If someone feels so strongly they were scammed it seems real odd they would be so reluctant to reveal the alleged scammers name and link to the thread and make us all engage in a guessing game about who he is and the facts of the case?

Firstly, I respect Dvestor's approach. He was asking for advice, not saying he had been scammed. I've seen too many threads in the "people to avoid dealings with" where people rushed in with their accusations without adequate attempts to resolve the issue privately.

Secondly, if in fact we are talking about pokertricks.net, please note that the Sedo stats show 20-30 visitors, with $2-$7 monthly revenue. Revenue like this, while reliable for 5 months, is not a guarantee. $2 revenue is probably one or two clickthroughs (since Poker is a high PPC keyword). It all depends on what those 20 people do. Are you honestly saying you've had 0 visitors to this site in August? IMHO, this may NOT be a scam, but simply luck of the draw. I've had domains with low traffic / high PPC keywords make $10 one month and $0 the next. My suggestion is to chalk it up to learning, leave it parked, and see if, over the next 12 months, if you revenue doesn't come up.

I would definitely let the board know next month, though, if you still have 0 type-ins.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure if he is talking about pokertricks.net, but if he is i have to say at first that the domain itself is wonderful - fantasic name even as a dot net - and is worth a lot of money just because of the name (that my opinion) - second every single ppc service is counting traffic differently and while sedo counts are many time a little higher than other ppc services than goldkey or fabulous or domainhop - the click % also a factor to look into when buying a traffic domain as some ppc services even count .gif thumbprints and spiders ect. which are not real visitors.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSalesAgent said:
(as an aside..)

Really?

Especially given that (not a few) scammers/chancers are still roaming around here eg.:

- selling fake "traffic" domains:
http://www.dnforum.com/f5/goebay-com-30-000-unique-per-day-bin-6k-105001.html
(30,000 uniques/day on GoEbay,com, LOL)

and others selling:

- fake traffic eg.
http://www.dnforum.com/f73/targeted-traffic-companies-102878.html

- selling scripts as their own (without resale rights):
http://www.dnforum.com/f60/domain-market-script-104724.html?highlight=sigrent
Yeah, really. Those threads have been modded/closed/investigated -- if you have any issues, report them please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom