Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Daily Diamond

Amazon Affiliate Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's embarrassing, but I have been a member of the Amazon affiliate program since 1998 and have never really used it. Now I am trying to implement it on a couple of my websites. I know they have changed their affiliate program a few times since then, but I want to make sure that I am correct in my understanding of the commission structure. I know that right now, they have a classic and performance based payout. The classic being a straight forward commission per product referred and performance that will pay you up to 8.5% per sale.

My question is...before they would pay more if you directly referred to one product as opposed to the amazon website in general. Like I would recommend Othello, so in doing so I would get a higher commission as opposed to me just linking to the homepage of Amazon and hopes someone buys something. Is this still the case as well or is it just classic and performance based?

I couldn't find this anywhere...so I just want to make sure from those that are in the Amazon affiliate program.

Domain Summit 2024

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, performance payout is now based on sales volume as a total of over all sales price before shipping, irregardless of how the traffic was driven to sale.

Flat rate payouts remain constant throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom