Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure what Halvarez's business plan is. Obviously he/she puts backorders on LOTS of domains but I have NEVER lost a domain to him/her. I looked all the way back to 2005 and he didn't beat me on a single domain.

I guess he only likes to bulk order then forget about it. Sounds like he ends up with a lot of $60 crap spread across dozens and dozens of registrars.

Good luck Halvarez, you need it.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Almost same here, but he had made some bids in spanish names that I wanted and just made the price rise... :(

valeria

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probably an account for that same dropcatch company. So they are rising prices and getting more money.

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the thread here and am curious if there is a difference in bidding on a SnapNames drop domain 7 days before an auction closes (or anytime during the redemption/pending delete period) vs. just a few hours before the drop ... if 2 or more people are bidding on the name, it's still going to go to auction regardless.

So, why not bid whenever (earlier the better) so you don't forget and lose out on the name entirely?

I'm sure you'll find tons of threads on that issue. Here's one of them:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=126873

Clearly, there are two camps on this issue.

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen him win one name for over $3k so I doubt he's a snapnames shill bidder.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex banned ? After 11,00 posts ? What did he do?

chickenhawk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello All. First time newbie. This thread is very timely. I'm going against halvarez in my first ever snapname's auction. I need help with the end-game. I found in another post,http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=946324, that "bids received during the final minutes of an auction will automatically extend the auction close time by a few minutes". Clubdrop has a 5 minute period at the end of an auction. Is the snapname's "few minutes" really 5 minutes or something else? I want have my strategy ready because I fear the legendary halvarez. TIA

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Halvarez schmalverez....big whoop, we outbid that fool if we want a name all the time...not sure what the big deal is here.

chickenhawk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got it for $60. Thank you mr. halvarez for taking the day off.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He has to be using a script for backordering names. He is everywhere. :p

He has only bid up one of the autions that I have been in recently, and I have been in several.

almecho

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
auctions at snapnames finish at 5am for me here in australia and I got complacent, decided not to get up early for an auction with halvarez and he got it for a song. outbid me at the last minute.

should've had some nice traffic too...

wael

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I do something similar. I put in my $60 orders for domains that look good, but I don't get into bidding wars, and I often don't even check the auction. If someone else (halvarez, bonkers, whoever) wants to raise the price, I let them have it. I still get a good number of domains at $60. Crap domains? I re-sold one a month later for $1,300. Many others are parked and making decent profit.

My only problem with Snapnames is that on the rare occasion that a really good name is dropping, one I'd be willing to bid high for, Snapnames never gets it.

Oh, and I seriously doubt that halvarez is a shill. Too much for Snapnames to lose if that were true and it got out. They'd face multiple lawsuits.

I guess he only likes to bulk order then forget about it. Sounds like he ends up with a lot of $60 crap spread across dozens and dozens of registrars.

Good luck Halvarez, you need it.

Gaz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he probably thinks 'if only 2 or 3 bidders for a name, probably not worth going after'

I luv it when he does that - I've had a few nice little earners because of that - Halvarez...I luv u baby ! :-#:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
auctions at snapnames finish at 5am for me here in australia and I got complacent, decided not to get up early for an auction with halvarez and he got it for a song. outbid me at the last minute.

should've had some nice traffic too...

You need a new service "Dial An Auction" that pours a bucket of ice cold water on you to remind you an auction is ending in less than 5 minutes :D

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You still don't know what halvarez does and he manages to be in all auctions?

ilCesco

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen halvarez in many of my auctions.

For many reasons I don't 100% trust snapnames as a company, and I have a legitimate suspect that halvarez is nothing more then a Bot.

It/he bids on common patterns of names (typo/traffic names, cvcv, etc) in order to extend the auction of three more days attract more bidders.

The few times he's actually bidding back is because somebody in snapnames is trying to raise the auction price, since they know what the last bidder maximum bid is and/or the real value of the name, and they may want to squeeze every single dollar from him.

That's just my theory, I may be wrong, but it really makes sense to me.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He is not a bot.

He bids on all names because he can. Why? Because snapnames...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
He's a snapnames employee?

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A child custody case was held in court. The judge felt that the mother and father were both fit to be parents and therefore couldn't decide who he should grant full custody to. So he asks the little boy, "Would you like to live with your mother?"

"No." said the boy.

"Why not?" said the judge.

"Because she beats me."

The judge says "Okay, then you'll go live with your father."

"Oh No," cried the boy, "He beats me too."

Dumbfounded, the judge asks "Okay who do you want to live with?"

"I want to live with the Halvarez"

"Why?" asks the judge.

"He does'nt beat anybody"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener