Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This comes up every once in a while where certain prodigious customers at SnapNames are accused of being actually SnapNames itself. This is not the case. SnapNames has not and will not ever participate in an auction it itself is running as an anonymous bidder. We have never done any shill bidding or granted any auction participant any sort of discount or rebate. The price displayed is the price paid, for everyone, Halvarez included. Please email me direct (kjel-at-snapnames.com) with any questions.

Thanks a lot for that reply, you have ended a long time mystery and speculation about Halvarez and the likes if any :) today is a good day. I am at peace for sure.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This comes up every once in a while where certain prodigious customers at SnapNames are accused of being actually SnapNames itself. This is not the case. SnapNames has not and will not ever participate in an auction it itself is running as an anonymous bidder. We have never done any shill bidding or granted any auction participant any sort of discount or rebate. The price displayed is the price paid, for everyone, Halvarez included. Please email me direct (kjel-at-snapnames.com) with any questions.

Kjel please enlighten us how Halvarez takes advantage of a little-known time window and bids on every auction that ALREADY has a bid! Why do you allow this?

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
Exactly. One time I played a trick on him and made him the first bidder.
How?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's really a shame Snapnames allows this still!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yep. And all this mess happens because Snapnames allows adding domains AFTER a domain has been snapped.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the $64,000 question :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Acro, can you give details please?

It's been mentioned in two threads already. I am not taking credit for what has already been said by dvdrip. Just waiting on Snapnames to admit they are permitting this and only halvarez seems to be doing it.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone is free to put order(s) in at any time before an auction starts. I'm not sure why we would ban or even be concerned about a known, high-volume buyer who likes to place last minute bids. Halvarez gets no special access or assistance from SnapNames in placing his orders, and does nothing that any other SnapNames customer can't also do.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
high-volume buyer

Looks more like a high-volume lister then a high-volume buyer. He never wins without an auction, meaning that he only adds names if somone has already added them. The question seems to be, how does he see the list of names already added to snapnames, when noone else can see it?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks more like a high-volume lister then a high-volume buyer. He never wins without an auction, meaning that he only adds names if somone has already added them. The question seems to be, how does he see the list of names already added to snapnames, when noone else can see it?

Anyone can do it.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone can do it.

But, but, how does a mere mortal like myself do it?

Far as I know and have seen, there's no way for me to see who has placed a bid on a name that already has a bidder.

Call me dense.... but....

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone can do it.

sure anyone can add names, but how does he see that you or I added the names? Where is the list of suc names? I know LameJet publishes such a list, but I don't think SN does, so how come this one guy is in every SN auction anyone adds to the site?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no such list. I can't say more. Sorry.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
halvarez is literally the "ghost in the machine".
If everyone did what he does, would Snapnames close the loophole?

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should publish what he does? :cool:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Noone is going to post what he does. It has already been explained and confirmed that he is adding bids to your auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators