Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Another Godaddy Disaster: $4k deal blown by inept 'agents'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got an unsolicited offer from "GoDaddy.com Domain Buy Service", and agreed to a price.

Over the next few days, I received several nonsense emails from several different Godaddy 'agents'. First they were baffled by the fact that the domain was at eNom.com, not Goddady (they don't seem to know how to do a WHOIS lookup!). Then I'm asked to create a Godaddy account, when I've already had one for many years.

Then I get an Escrow.com transaction directed at the WHOIS email address, NOT at to our existing Escrow.com account. I reply to the agent that we are a CORPORATION, and cannot/will not set up duplicate corporate Escrow.com accounts (which takes weeks) simply because Godaddy failed to set up the transaction properly.

On Wednesday an agent calls me and tells me Escrow.com funds have cleared and he wants the EPP Auth code. I tell him NONSENSE, 1) we have no valid Escrow.com transaction, 2) Escrow.com will not even accept payment until BOTH parties confirm the transaction, so there is absolutely NO WAY it is possible that payment has been secured. He tells me he'll have to check on this and call back. He never called back, of course.

Very disturbing -- either Godaddy is so incompetent that they do not even know whether money is in escrow, or they are knowingly participating in a scam.

Nothing has happened now for a week, so it appears that the entire deal is completely blown by the Godaddy team of idiots.

THANKS GODADDY!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The deal has finally gone through. A Godaddy rep convinced Escrow.com to change the email address of the transaction, however Escrow.com didn't notify anyone of that. I happened to see it on my screen when I logged in to work a different sale. Luckily this was a patient buyer.... Arrggg,...

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The deal has finally gone through. A Godaddy rep convinced Escrow.com to change the email address of the transaction, however Escrow.com didn't notify anyone of that. I happened to see it on my screen when I logged in to work a different sale. Luckily this was a patient buyer.... Arrggg,...
:lol: It's amazing the small things that can go wrong. Depending on reps in corporate America can drive a person nuts. Makes me really appreciate professionalism and good service when I see it.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had an awful time dealing with godaddy and Escrow.com for my last purchase...mainly because it was over 5k.

Escrow would not budge with not allowing paypal payments over 5k....I ended up contacting the seller outside of godaddy to finalize the transaction...it was really a frustrating process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom