Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any using Google+ yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In order to join G+ right now one needs a gmail account?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not using it because for some reason I feel that it will be used against us by Google for advertising and data collection purposes. Call me paranoid if you want. Or perhaps I just want to get off the online socializing crack.

Add me!!! :D

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few invites... pm me your gmail

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stian, received my invite and I'm in! Many thanks.

tattoos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In order to join G+ right now one needs a gmail account?

I did read somewhere that you no longer needed a Gmail account to join, but I'm not sure how accurate that info was.
But I guess the only way to find out is try.

I notice the invite link is once again on my page... So if anyone still wants one, PM me your email.
If I get any PM's after invites have closed, I will add the emails to a list and send out the invites once they reopen it. (it usually only stays open for a few hours, sometimes less)

Cheers
James

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reading some of the comments on that link...surely google will change its mind. Otherwise, I think they just sunk their ship (just like google Wave).

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reading some of the comments on that link...surely google will change its mind. Otherwise, I think they just sunk their ship (just like google Wave).

Maybe, but I sort of understand why they're doing it. I mean .. It's a social network like Facebook. People are supposed to be able to look up people, which won't be possible if everyone's using nicks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but I sort of understand why they're doing it. I mean .. It's a social network like Facebook. People are supposed to be able to look up people, which won't be possible if everyone's using nicks.
Yes, I saw that statement. I guess if you have no privacy then you don't have to worry about the security breeches.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that statement. I guess if you have no privacy then you don't have to worry about the security breeches.

The circle system is pretty cool though. You can share stuff with friends only, or domainers, or family only etc. That's a lot more privacy than Facebook offers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The only information that has to be public is your name and gender. As the article points out, this is exactly the same on Facebook. If the only people that could see you are the ones you've already "friended" then it's a catch 22, because you can't find them to "friend" them in the first place, which would be a pretty dumb model to launch a social network with!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is ok. I haven't tried the chat feature out yet. Personally, I think it has a ways to go to catch up to FB. If anyone needs an invite you can PM me.

tattoos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI to those not using their real names

I think you may have misunderstood what they meant. It has nothing to do with real names, you can choose any name you like.
Its only going to affect profiles that are set to private. Which makes sense to me, creating a profile then making it private is sort of like writing a letter to someone and not sending it to them because you don't want them to read it. Maybe an oxymoron?

I'm sure there will be plenty of people named Al Coholic, Justin Case, Ruff Azgutz etc etc :smilewinkgrin:

Cheers
James

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you may have misunderstood what they meant. It has nothing to do with real names, you can choose any name you like.
Its only going to affect profiles that are set to private. Which makes sense to me, creating a profile then making it private is sort of like writing a letter to someone and not sending it to them because you don't want them to read it. Maybe an oxymoron?

I'm sure there will be plenty of people named Al Coholic, Justin Case, Ruff Azgutz etc etc :smilewinkgrin:

Cheers
James

Ah, I definitely misunderstood then. I thought they were going through all the accounts using nicknames and deleting them. :) Thanks for clearing that up!

tattoos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, I definitely misunderstood then. I thought they were going through all the accounts using nicknames and deleting them. :) Thanks for clearing that up!

:sorry:
Um, well actually. You didn't misunderstand, you were right.

This is pretty much a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment for me ... I have nothing to worry about because I've used the name that I'm commonly known by in real life... but its not all that clear... I'm also known as "tattoos" in a few places online as well. Does that allow me to change my name to tattoos? :?:

Come on Google, get you act together.

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/07/google-profiles-pseudonym-avatar-names-suspension-policy.html
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?fid=0a9491888144174e0004a1781d618129&hl=en#fid_0a9491888144174e0004a1781d618129

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I follow alot of the respected domainers here on twitter and have emailed a few personally and had some good convo.

I have 146 invites left it says on my Google + account. Please pm me your email and I would be more than happy to send you one = )

If you checked my LinkedIn profile > Michael J. Hudak, you will see my connections and who I network myself with. I have only been at the game for 2 years or so, but I am learning more and more every day. I may actually start making money soon, hahaaa. Feel free to add me on there as well.

Anyway, I look forward to some PM's and some invites from domainers on Google +, my name on there is the same as LinkedIn....

You can always get me on twitter too at MichaelJ137. I would like to network with some domainers on Google + as I don't use Facebook personally. Never jumped on that train, its just not for me. = )

All the best,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom