Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any Vegetarians, Vegans, Raw Vegans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you out there lead a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle?

I have been vegan a while and now switched to a raw vegan lifestyle and I must say I feel the best I have ever felt.

Cheers

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahhh...I was hoping to find some names for sale in this niche when I saw your thread.

I have been vegan for about 6 months now...really do feel great.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol... you guys should start a Gourmet Vegan Recipe blog of sorts and monetize it... maybe you should try and see if Gourmet Vegan Recipe (s) is available to register..... or VEGANRECIPE.NET is available as a premium name on Godaddy

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Veggie since childhood.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought paleo was good, until I saw your post...Now I'm lost.

Lucky you can find raw foods because here in China everything seems to be either heavily processed, chemically grown or gene-reciped. There won't be enough food for the whole population if we don't grow food in these manners. Sucks. I was hoping I could move my family to Canada in a few years. The air always seems so fresh in north america and Europe.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow vegans and veggies haha.

Scrapingweb.com, its tough over here too. Although there is organic food here you have to shop at about 4 or 5 stores to get everything you need. Its worth it though!!

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scrapingweb.com, its tough over here too. Although there is organic food here you have to shop at about 4 or 5 stores to get everything you need. Its worth it though!!

Organic is very common in supermarkets over here, though its a bit more expensive than regular food. But, we don't own a car or tv so it's managable. Over the years, we've been increasing organic portions in our daily meals and quite happy about it. It's quite scary to know how much chemical stuff from regular food enters our body. In the future, i guess we're gonna be conserved for a few hundred years :D

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aren't organic producers allowed to use sprays, and fertilizers as well, as long as they are approved, from what I have read organics have their own sprays.

Also organic based soil has much more copper in the ground...

A copper pesticide is a copper compound used as a pesticide or fungicide. In the UK the Soil Association (one of the organic certification authorities) permits farmers to use some copper fungicides on organic land used for the production of certified organic crops only if there is a major threat to crops. [SUP][1][/SUP] During the 2008 growing season the compounds were applied to much of the organic potato crop to control potato blight (Phytophthora infestans).[SUP][2][/SUP] The compounds permitted are copper sulfate, copper hydroxide, cuprous oxide, copper oxychloride, copper ammonium carbonate (at a maximum concentration of 25 g/l), and copper oxtanoate. According to the Soil Association the total copper that can be applied to organic land is 6kg/ha/year.[SUP][3][/SUP] This limit is designed so that the amount of copper in the soil does not exceed the limits specified in the Soil Association standards for heavy metals. Such copper compounds can build up in the soil and in excessive concentrations cause liver, kidney and blood disease.[SUP][4][/SUP]

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol... you guys should start a Gourmet Vegan Recipe blog of sorts and monetize it... maybe you should try and see if Gourmet Vegan Recipe (s) is available to register..... or VEGANRECIPE.NET is available as a premium name on Godaddy

We'll invita ya when we have a veggie party on one of our inflatable BBQ's :D

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Organic is very common in supermarkets over here, though its a bit more expensive than regular food. But, we don't own a car or tv so it's managable. Over the years, we've been increasing organic portions in our daily meals and quite happy about it. It's quite scary to know how much chemical stuff from regular food enters our body. In the future, i guess we're gonna be conserved for a few hundred years :D

yes it is expensive over here as well, but while most people spend their money on the latest toys, etc. I spend mine on my medicine ... "FOOD" ;)
Chemicals is something we always worry about in the foods, now it is GMO's thanks to certain governements.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vegetarian names are hot. Picked up a few i.e. VeggieBurrito.com & VegetableChili.com with some decent PPC revenue/offers. I just don't have the stomach (pun intended) for a veggie diet. Love my steak, chicken, bacon & burgers too much!

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All the steaks I eat come from cows that only ate the finest of straw.

:peep:

Sorry. But not a vegan. But we do buy and raise our own cattle and keep them chemical-free and do not use hormones. Best beef you can never buy.

I dont think I could ever go off of meat, I just like it too much. Some of my friends have though and they seem to like it.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been about 60% raw vegan for 4 years. Tons of smoothies, salads, fresh juice, etc. I've never been able to go over the 60% marker though because at that point it's hard for me to get enough daily calories. I feel a lot healthier now than before, so the massive uptick in fresh fruits and vegetables definitely works (healthier looking skin, more energy, more mental clarity, etc.).

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vegan; since my heart surgery. I feel great, and lost weight too. its the way to go for sure.
Saves the planet, gives more energy, its good in every way. I walk by the beef aisle now,
and it looks gross to me. The things the beef industry does to meat, especially beef,
is so unfortunate.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, it seems hard to eat a lot of calories on raw, bananas and dates really help bridge the gap. I still cheat every once and a while hahaa.
The health benefits are massive!

Been about 60% raw vegan for 4 years. Tons of smoothies, salads, fresh juice, etc. I've never been able to go over the 60% marker though because at that point it's hard for me to get enough daily calories. I feel a lot healthier now than before, so the massive uptick in fresh fruits and vegetables definitely works (healthier looking skin, more energy, more mental clarity, etc.).

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Awesome you feel great now! it is scary what is done to animals and how much mis information is out there.

Vegan; since my heart surgery. I feel great, and lost weight too. its the way to go for sure.
Saves the planet, gives more energy, its good in every way. I walk by the beef aisle now,
and it looks gross to me. The things the beef industry does to meat, especially beef,
is so unfortunate.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

for those of you that got an hour on your hands and want to learn a little bit check out this speech on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... I walk by the beef aisle now,
is so unfortunate.

I agee one hundred percent. Although I do eat meat, the first time I tasted a steak from one of our own cows, it was like the first time. Amazing. Once we ran out before the next lot was ready to butcher so we store-bought,..... yech!

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm neither but looking to start eating environmentally healthy - I bought 3 dozen eggs from the south Florida fair. All laid by chickens who are loved, cared for, and not in battery cages. I don't care about the extra $1.50 a dozen - add in eggs from my own chickens.

Soy milk is a great alternative to milk and at Costco isn't much more than regular milk - a gallon of milk is about $3.50 - 3 gallons of soy milk at Costco is $12 so only $1.50 more. Olive oil instead of vegetable, corn, and canola oil, etc..

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almond Milk Kicks ass too! :)

I'm neither but looking to start eating environmentally healthy - I bought 3 dozen eggs from the south Florida fair. All laid by chickens who are loved, cared for, and not in battery cages. I don't care about the extra $1.50 a dozen - add in eggs from my own chickens.

Soy milk is a great alternative to milk and at Costco isn't much more than regular milk - a gallon of milk is about $3.50 - 3 gallons of soy milk at Costco is $12 so only $1.50 more. Olive oil instead of vegetable, corn, and canola oil, etc..

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Almond milk (homemade or store bought) is another great alternative to regular milk. Some research seems to suggest it's healthier than soy milk or rice milk (I'm still in the process of researching the differences).

Homemade almond milk sweetened with dates or honey is amazing tasting.

YouTube Recipe For Homemade Almond Milk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom