Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any Vegetarians, Vegans, Raw Vegans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a nut fan, never been into them but almond milk is ok. I rarely drink plain milk so 99% of the time it doesn't make a difference. I have been guilty for buying chocolate soy milk in the past, though. I've also used soy for egg nog (heh, go figure that one out).

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Soy milk is a great alternative to milk and at Costco isn't much more than regular milk ....

I'm always using soy milk and regular milk only on a rare occasion too. One thing that i found absolutely beneficial since switching from regular to soy is that whenever i'm having a cold my ears and nose are not blocked anymore. But, since running barefoot (-ahem- since we're also on topic of healthy lifestyles :D ) i don't have real colds anymore too.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being sick is so different now I agree! Bugs pass through the body so much faster!

I had quit dairy much before I quit meat and I started to feel the health benefits within days

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you eat is very important... but water it's all about the water :)

Congrats to you all on a great lifestyle choice... :yo:

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree water is very important, most people don't drink close to enough! It's the only thing I drink and you won't find me without my water bottle :)
They say your urine should be clear all the time and that's when you are drinking enough water.

What you eat is very important... but water it's all about the water :)

Congrats to you all on a great lifestyle choice... :yo:

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im cheating raw today and making a pizza with daiya cheese!
daiya cheese is a true vegan cheese.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I eat veggies and meat, but more of the former. I prefer fish than meat.

I don't want to be legalistic or put pressure on myself about what I eat.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no pressure, its a choice, just like everything else once you become informed it becomes second nature.

I eat veggies and meat, but more of the former. I prefer fish than meat.

I don't want to be legalistic or put pressure on myself about what I eat.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This thread is just plain gross.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

It is yes.

We have 4 Angus eating hay in the winter, and grass in the summer, with two months of graining right before butcher.

I do not diminish vegans, trust me, and I do actually admire them. But for the meat eaters, you gotta gettaway from the storefronts.

Grass-grazed and hormone-free is bout the best you can get.

edit - i love fish too.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I beg to differ. I bet many domainers spend lots of time sitting behind a desk not living the most heathy lifestyle. Sufficient excercise, and healthy food can help to stay in good shape.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mark,

So when you, or your dad, or wife have a heart attack, from a heart blockage, it wont be 'disgusting'? The reality is, most Americans are in denial. Massive advertising by industry helps keep it that way.

The truth is, that heart attacks kill more people annually than all cancers combined. Yet everyone just pretends its some random thing that happens to old people. Industry comforts people by putting a few nice words on labels. Even organic is a misleading term; the FDA allows several 'levels' of organic. Many foods labelled organic are only semi-organic, and are full of non-food ingredients (i.e., chemicals, preservatives, etc).

Plant-based diets are directly and strongly correlated with reduction/elimination of heart disease and cancer. Its a fact. Enjoy your steak once a month and you can be healthy. Enjoy that steak daily but dont pretend its healthy.

Kevin

It is yes.

We have 4 Angus eating hay in the winter, and grass in the summer, with two months of graining right before butcher.

I do not diminish vegans, trust me, and I do actually admire them. But for the meat eaters, you gotta gettaway from the storefronts.

Grass-grazed and hormone-free is bout the best you can get.

edit - i love fish too.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, especially the local Oregon brands like Tillamook. But I'm also very honest with myself, dairy is the last thing that you want to be putting into your body.

Think about dairy products from this vantage point - your body creates mucus on contact with dairy in order to defend itself from it. Most people, however, think that the congestion that goes along with dairy is just due to it's physical coagulative properties. Not so, the human body treats dairy as an infection, something to get rid of asap. Sort of like caffeine, your metabolism speeds up on contact with it in order to remove it more quickly from the body.

The standard American diet is a killer. Fruits and vegetables should be the caloric cornerstone for all humans. Most people that try veganism for any length of time immediately start feeling healthier, having much higher energy levels, more mental clarity, etc..

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, If anyone wants to pm me any vegan/vegetarian names they want to get rid of @ a reasonable price...I may be a buyer - I am looking for one or two for my portfolio.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! A lot of problems with milk, the caso-morphine which keeps you addicted. this is a hormone that cows produce to keep their baby cows close and well the puss in milk just plain old nasty. also reffered to as somatic cell count, cause well you don't want to put puss on paper that would scare people. I could go on...

I really enjoy milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, especially the local Oregon brands like Tillamook. But I'm also very honest with myself, dairy is the last thing that you want to be putting into your body.

Think about dairy products from this vantage point - your body creates mucus on contact with dairy in order to defend itself from it. Most people, however, think that the congestion that goes along with dairy is just due to it's physical coagulative properties. Not so, the human body treats dairy as an infection, something to get rid of asap. Sort of like caffeine, your metabolism speeds up on contact with it in order to remove it more quickly from the body.

The standard American diet is a killer. Fruits and vegetables should be the caloric cornerstone for all humans. Most people that try veganism for any length of time immediately start feeling healthier, having much higher energy levels, more mental clarity, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom