Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

anyone with sedo escrow experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I paid for domain on "Sep 23, 2006 3:46 PM" at sedo.
I used paypal.

How long before they send message to seller?
Seller said he didn't receive any message from sedo.
My sedo acct said "paid" for this transaction since this morning.

I sent email to rep. at sedo - No reply.
I called and left message - No return call :-(

Is this normal?

Now, I am wondering if rep who is in charge of this transaction may not be in today?

Domain Days 2024

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
make sure you had your reference # in the paypal payment.. email em again and tell them your pp address and the ref # and domain name.. theyll respond or get on the ball eventually.. i had a refund coming and i asked them what day it was sent they told me friday.. thing was postmarked for the week later on thursday..

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No BS ... ive been stuck sitting on a fence with Sedo for 3 months one time on a domain transfer ....

on several occassions ( if I knew the other party ) i completed without sedo as they are way too slow ... and then in turn let sedo know ?? ...
....... why should they earn a fee for that i ask myself .

yet again ... i had start to finish in a few days ??

keep contacting the rep ... they tend to "forget" lately ...

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
make sure you had your reference # in the paypal payment.. email em again and tell them your pp address and the ref # and domain name.. theyll respond or get on the ball eventually.. i had a refund coming and i asked them what day it was sent they told me friday.. thing was postmarked for the week later on thursday..

Yes.
It was all there on paypal pymt stuff.
reference#
invoice#
domain name

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one time it took more than a month and the other time it took just two days.
so it depends upon the seller and buyer and also with the cctld or gtlds.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one time it took more than a month and the other time it took just two days.
so it depends upon the seller and buyer and also with the cctld or gtlds.
Humm...
This got nothing to do with buyer, I already paid.
Also, nothing to do with seller, I am in constant contact with seller.
Seller said he didn't receive any message from sedo.
Seller want to complete this deal quick.
I am paying almost double the second highest offer.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking if you do a chargeback you might lose your sedo account, they can be slow at times, but if you email the rep everyday it seems to speed it along, if the domain is at enom then its another 7 days to clear the push.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am thinking if you do a chargeback you might lose your sedo account, they can be slow at times, but if you email the rep everyday it seems to speed it along, if the domain is at enom then its another 7 days to clear the push.
Thanks for your reply.

losing sedo acct?
I wouldn't care if it does since all domains on sedo are not
real revenue domains :-D

However, I would hate to do charge back.
I don't think I'll do charge back.
I was just asking what would happen :-D

Domain is at GoDaddy and I do have acct there, so, it shouldn't be problem with registrar.

atypical

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my experience, it has nothing to do with the buyer or seller. It has everything to do with Sedo's lack of communication during the transfer process. I'm in the process of a sale now, and can't even get an email response from my transfer agent. Sales typically drag on for weeks that, with minimal communication between buyer and seller, could be completed in hours.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my experience, it has nothing to do with the buyer or seller. It has everything to do with Sedo's lack of communication during the transfer process. I'm in the process of a sale now, and can't even get an email response from my transfer agent. Sales typically drag on for weeks that, with minimal communication between buyer and seller, could be completed in hours.
Did you just say WEEKS!

I will not wait WEEKS!!
That's for sure.

Why would I have to wait WEEKS, even one day when
it's almost instant with escrow.com as long as buyer
and seller do their parts promptly?

atypical

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I said weeks. I have had one sale complete in 5 days. Another took over a month.

Here are some examples:
6/13/05 agreement. Buyer paid 6/20. Seller paid 7/14.
7/8/05 agreement. Buyer paid 7/12. Seller paid 7/18.
9/21/05 agreement. Buyer paid 10/7. Seller paid 11/14.
1/15/06 agreement. Buyer paid 1/18. Seller paid 2/05.

I acted upon all correspondence and transfer requests immediately. I think a lot depends on the transfer agent assigned to the sale, and his ability and willingness to communicate.

I have no plausible explanation as to why it takes so long, and I have yet to read one posted by Sedo. I've arranged and closed entire sales in 24 hours without a broker using escrow.com, and with a relatively inexperienced buyer.

Best of luck to you!

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I said weeks. I have had one sale complete in 5 days. Another took over a month.

Here are some examples:
6/13/05 agreement. Buyer paid 6/20. Seller paid 7/14.
7/8/05 agreement. Buyer paid 7/12. Seller paid 7/18.
9/21/05 agreement. Buyer paid 10/7. Seller paid 11/14.
1/15/06 agreement. Buyer paid 1/18. Seller paid 2/05.

I acted upon all correspondence and transfer requests immediately. I think a lot depends on the transfer agent assigned to the sale, and his ability and willingness to communicate.

I have no plausible explanation as to why it takes so long, and I have yet to read one posted by Sedo. I've arranged and closed entire sales in 24 hours without a broker using escrow.com, and with a relatively inexperienced buyer.

Best of luck to you!

Arrrrr!!!!!
:veryangry :mad2: :greenupset:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another reason not to do business with lame offers under $1,000 for example. When the money involved is low, there is little incentive for Sedo to conclude a transaction. But hey, that didn't stop them from dragging a 5-digit sale for weeks and it eventually became a buyer's disaster.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As sedo transfers the domain into their own enom account first ... and in turn into your enom account .... but enom have a 7 day restriction on moving domains between enom accounts.

ie my account ---> sedo account ( Now its locked in that sedo account for 7 days by enom ) ... then after 7 days enom allows Sedo to transfer it to you .

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As sedo transfers the domain into their own enom account first ... and in turn into your enom account .... but enom have a 7 day restriction on moving domains between enom accounts.

ie my account ---> sedo account ( Now its locked in that sedo account for 7 days by enom ) ... then after 7 days enom allows Sedo to transfer it to you .

One would expect Sedo will have some exception...

atypical

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My current sale:

Agreement reached 9/22.
Buyer paid 9/22.
Received transfer of registrar request from receiving Registrar 9/22.
Forwarded request to sedo transfer agent (per his instructions) 9/22.
Emailed Sedo transfer agent 9/22 and again 9/25 to verify receipt of forwarded registrar transfer request, and to check if it's been forwarded to buyer. No response. Status reads that the transfer of registrar request is awaiting my approval.
Called Sedo transfer agent 9/26. No answer.
Called my current registrar to see if transfer has been initiated. It has not.

My only reasonable conclusion is that my Sedo transfer agent is sitting on the approval codes for the transfer of registrar request, and hasn't forwarded it to buyer. It doesn't make sense that the buyer would be delaying, since he agreed, paid, and initiated the transfer all within 2 hours.

What really irks me is that the status of the transaction reads that the transfer is awaiting my approval. It's a misrepresentation to the buyer of what's really happening here.

Acroplex: It is over $1000, albeit not by a lot. What does a person have to sell to get decent customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom