Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Auto-renew - a year out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even though I manually renew my domains (to check on them, decide if I want to renew or not) I still have auto-renew on (incase I forget).

I just got a notification from Moniker that several renewals failed due to an old (and expired) card being on file. The only issue is that I renewed all the domains a week and a half ago and don't expire until 2013 (but the email says 2012 - I even verified in my account that they are set until 2013).

This is an extremely shady tactic - one I would only think registrars like 1&1 would attempt.

I know Barri is gone but hopefully someone can address this. If not, time to pull ALL of my domains out of Moniker.

Register for the auction

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

There is now a chrge processing in my bank account for about 8 domains from Moniker (yet no transaction in my account). I called them and at first they denied that they made the charge - when I explained to them how serious this was going to be if it wasn't them (not only my card is compromised, but someone is pretending to be them to banks) they "looked into it more" and then wasn't sure. I told them I needed to be 100% if it was or wasn't them and it took him another 20 minutes to figure out it was them but it was from a glitch.

They say it will be cleared up and reversed but I have $90 of my money I can't use because of this.

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is not longer the company it used to be. The are shady. They have several times pulled expired domains from my account before the full redemption period and I have had to have them put back so I can renew them. They just recently did this one several domains. Some they put back others the refuse to unless I pay the $125 a domain. Yet they took them early from my account and then they say it's my fault for not renewing. They leave domains they do not want to steal in the account often past the redemption period and take the ones they want and sell or keep them.

I'm going to be moving away from moniker now. After spending well over $100K in regs fees and escrow commission they pull this crap!

shack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's going on with Moniker? I only have a few domains at Moniker, and they still can't get it right. I tried to set the auto, to manual button and it won't allow me. I just got a email and they auto renew my names almost a month before they were to expire. I've know this Company is in trouble, but they must be disparate to renew domains that they shouldn't be. I've had my account with GoDaddy for years, and they are professional! This CRAP would never happen with GoDaddy! Now I know I have transfer the rest of my names away from them. They are a Shady Company, and their Famous Auction is something to think about! Many problem's !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. I use enom and they only auto renew 30 days in advance. (which I can live with)

But a year??!!

:nono:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker is not longer the company it used to be. The are shady. They have several times pulled expired domains from my account before the full redemption period and I have had to have them put back so I can renew them. They just recently did this one several domains. Some they put back others the refuse to unless I pay the $125 a domain. Yet they took them early from my account and then they say it's my fault for not renewing. They leave domains they do not want to steal in the account often past the redemption period and take the ones they want and sell or keep them.

I'm going to be moving away from moniker now. After spending well over $100K in regs fees and escrow commission they pull this crap!

The irony is your username here,..and how moniker views you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom