Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Avoid Registerfly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any contacts at Registerfly that can actually help and resolve issues there?

From my experience, they provide the worst customer service that I have ever seen on the web. I am simply trying to close an account and get credited back the money in it. Actually, at this point, I could care less about getting my $50 back. I am more interested in spreading the word regarding the lack of service I have gotten for the last two months from these clowns :charming:

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:

Yeah that's the name I was told at one point that it was he who dropped the ball. Yet still it's not resolved, nor have I heard from him. Thanks for your response though.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea man anytime.
Sorry it didnt work out.
You would think, with a hand like yours in the biz - you would be one of the last they would want to PO.
Things that make you go hmm. We will never understand...

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Yea man anytime.
Sorry it didnt work out.
You would think, with a hand like yours in the biz - you would be one of the last they would want to PO.
Things that make you go hmm. We will never understand...

Yeah funny thing is they would have no clue who I am under that account there..........but hopefully they will soon :evil:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you cast a little black cloud into your archives that they would pay... hmmmm how much do you think next year that would be worth to them? When this thread is carved in stone and hundreds of sets of eyeballs read it.

I think you got them back.

Time to change the subtitle under my username on here so they don't cast a spell on me too.

:clown:

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RegisterFly totally frustrates me.

I try to transfer a couple names out of there to Enom once a month.
And, they make it difficult.

If they made it "easy in and easy out". I would keep my name there.

But, If I sell a name that is housed at Registerfly. I don't want my customer to have
difficulty dealing with them.

Therefore, I get my better names out of there. And, leave the junking names there.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I rarely have trouble with Regfly , other than Live support which is totally useless. I have filled out 4 Help Tickets over the past couple years. those are always taken care of within a day or so.

I called on Tim Shor a couple times, always helpful .

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've actually gotten in touch with this Tim over the past few days and Monday it should be resolved. Time will tell.............

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Update on their service, or lack off....

Tim has been telling me since Saturday to send a paypal request to him for the money and he would take care of it "right away". It is now going on four days later and not only has he not paid it yet, he isn't responding via email during this time either.

As I stated earlier in my post, it's not about the $50, it's just making a point on how a user of registerfly is being given the run around.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Four days is still four days that they're floating the cash.
Do that to merely twenty of their thousands of customers and there's your new Mercedes.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do a search on registerfly here and note all the complaints. I wonder every time I see one of these posts that members have forgotten that Dodora/Registerfly/Unified Names has stated about our forums and the complaints in writing that they "don't know who the forums are or about the complaints, but frankly we don't give a damn". At the same time, they frame the forum on their site. They are by far one of the worst registrars out there, with tons of screwups that they never fix.
Doc

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aside from their support problems (I've had them too), I really like that design :p

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Update....

Still no refund nor any longer answers my email about it.......lol.......this is getting fun :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
RegisterFly totally frustrates me.

I try to transfer a couple names out of there to Enom once a month.
And, they make it difficult.

If they made it "easy in and easy out". I would keep my name there.

But, If I sell a name that is housed at Registerfly. I don't want my customer to have
difficulty dealing with them.

Therefore, I get my better names out of there. And, leave the junking names there.

Same here, couldn't get an auth code out of them and lost a sale as a result. I try to avoid them if it is humanly possible. Lots of complaints out there about them. Same outfit owns Dodora and that probably says it all.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is this a sticky ? If we can start stickys everytime we are pissed at a register then please let add Moniker.com , Enom , Dotregtra.com , Godaddy.com , domainsystems.com , .. they all suck !

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
... couldn't get an auth code out of them and lost a sale as a result.
The Auth Code can actually be found at the bottom of the page:

Manage Domains\
Domain Contact Information\
modify contact info (whois) for this domain

when you login to your account.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
The Auth Code can actually be found at the bottom of the page:

Manage Domains\
Domain Contact Information\
modify contact info (whois) for this domain

when you login to your account.

I know - the problem is the auth code that they had there wouldn't work and they didn't answer requests to give me one that would. Many registrars change their codes monthly. They may have done that but not put the correct updated numbers in their customers records.

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If anyone cares, I got the refund after a month of promises. I will never deal with them again!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course, thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom