Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Avoid Registerfly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
Contray to what puravidqa thinks.. and keep in mind he only thinks that many people areving...the facts are registerfly picks up many more customers than they lose everyday.

They offer more products/services than any other registra..by far !

unfortunately some people need constant handholding(support)support do this for me ..support do that for me..if you arethat type of person then registerfly probably isnt for you.

I was going to ignore this post until the part implying that I required hand-holding.

1. more services are irrelevant if they do not work (which the ones I paid for did not)

2. IF you had read my post in it's entirety, you would have realize (or should have) that I am the farthest from needing hand-holding of anyone you've ever met.

I specifically mentioned that I told them what was wrong with their system. Up until I sold my company for a tidy sum, I used to consult to companies from small up to multi-billion (such as BellSouth, Cingular, etc) on all of their technical issues.

I was the final level of problem-solver. I got all of the problems (for network, security, and computing) that their internal levels and other consultants could not fix.

I then started my second company and ended up writing several programs that other "high-priced" consulting software firms said would not be possible. Again, I made a tidy sum from writing those pieces of software and getting them to work (and I do not even consider myself a programmer).

Oh, and stocdoctor is right... the LIVE support is unbeliavably clueless.

So, in closing, if you're the type of person that needs oxygen to live; then RegisteryFly probably isn't for you.

-Wesley

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with Wes 100%. Registerfly has not replied to one single email request of mine among tens I have emailed so far. They have hijacked a domain of mine with their own address of Livingston NJ. I emailed enom's legal department to no avail. I am not sure what my next step should be....

Eventually, they will hear from my lawyers and pay for it.

puravida said:
I was going to ignore this post until the part implying that I required hand-holding.

1. more services are irrelevant if they do not work (which the ones I paid for did not)

2. IF you had read my post in it's entirety, you would have realize (or should have) that I am the farthest from needing hand-holding of anyone you've ever met.

I specifically mentioned that I told them what was wrong with their system. Up until I sold my company for a tidy sum, I used to consult to companies from small up to multi-billion (such as BellSouth, Cingular, etc) on all of their technical issues.

I was the final level of problem-solver. I got all of the problems (for network, security, and computing) that their internal levels and other consultants could not fix.

So, in closing, if you're the type of person that needs oxygen to live; then RegisteryFly probably isn't for you.

-Wesley

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL..

That's funny wesly..I was going to ignore your post until you decided to bring up my name..

The fact is ALL registras suck..they all suck..I went through absolute hell with Moniker..never again..some of you are going through hell with regfly..and wont ever use again..

I see godaddy is taking heat this week , it was Enom everyones favorite last year is on a ton of peoples craplist this year. It all goes around.. I have always said regflys customer service isnt the best..but you know what in the 2 years I have filed outr a grand total of 4 Help tickets.and everyone was answered..and problem taken care of ..

Someday when they screw me over like every other registra has at one point or another ..I'll join you're little bash party... but I have no choice but to offer the other side of the coin..and I REALLY like regfly..

poke in the side was just to let you know I'm not sleeping :eek:k:

puravida said:

I then started my second company and ended up writing several programs that other "high-priced" consulting software firms said would not be possible. Again, I made a tidy sum from writing those pieces of software and getting them to work (and I do not even consider myself a programmer).

Oh, and stocdoctor is right... the LIVE support is unbeliavably clueless.

-Wesley

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey bida,

Ok, well I'll take all that in the spirit of "for the sake of argument" and no hard feelings ;)

I agree that all registrars suck at one point or another. I have over 25 registrar accounts (thanks to all the drop services), and I have only had issues with a couple. So, I feel pretty strongly (obviously.. hah) about hating those few.

My irritation lately has been with all the foreign registrars that pool uses and ends up being a hassle because they do not speak english, have no support, and make it tough to get transfer auth codes.

RegFly is the only US-based registrar that I've had issues with so far *crosses fingers*.

Cheers,

Wesley

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Hey bida,

Ok, well I'll take all that in the spirit of "for the sake of argument" and no hard feelings ;)

I agree that all registrars suck at one point or another. I have over 25 registrar accounts (thanks to all the drop services), and I have only had issues with a couple. So, I feel pretty strongly (obviously.. hah) about hating those few.

My irritation lately has been with all the foreign registrars that pool uses and ends up being a hassle because they do not speak english, have no support, and make it tough to get transfer auth codes.

RegFly is the only US-based registrar that I've had issues with so far *crosses fingers*.

Cheers,

Wesley

No hard feelings here either..I know everyone is taking a few jabs at me for my stance with regfly.. sometimes I just like let people know I also know how to dance if thats really what they want to do :laugh:

I think you'll find yourself in a postion where you arent left a wholelot of choice but to try regfly again because you'lll see a name that you want that someone has their..and likewise I'm bound to see a name I want that is at Moniker...and I'll have to try those peopel again..
a smuch as it pains us.. :cheeky:

any way..have a good day..

BID

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How many registrars you know steal domain namaes from the rightful registrant? Registerfly has done this to me and they will hear from my lawyers.

Moreover Registerfly is not a registrar, but an enom reseller. To have a spouce with bad habits is one thing, but to have a maniac as your partner is not acceptable. Just a bad analogy for a deservingly bad domain registration service provider - Registerfly!!!!

bidawinner said:
LOL..

That's funny wesly..I was going to ignore your post until you decided to bring up my name..

The fact is ALL registras suck..they all suck..I went through absolute hell with Moniker..never again..some of you are going through hell with regfly..and wont ever use again..

I see godaddy is taking heat this week , it was Enom everyones favorite last year is on a ton of peoples craplist this year. It all goes around.. I have always said regflys customer service isnt the best..but you know what in the 2 years I have filed outr a grand total of 4 Help tickets.and everyone was answered..and problem taken care of ..

Someday when they screw me over like every other registra has at one point or another ..I'll join you're little bash party... but I have no choice but to offer the other side of the coin..and I REALLY like regfly..

poke in the side was just to let you know I'm not sleeping :eek:k:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, troubles with quite a few registrars, but the deciding issue here for me was when RegisterFly wrote a response back to complaints on the forums here that they "frankly don't give a damn". At least they were honest huh?
Doc

navpros

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I used registerfly.com when I first got into the business of buying/selling domain names. Within 2 weeks I was "fighting" mad. I attempted to register several domain names that were showing up as available on their site. I paid for them in full and several days later they still did not show up in my account. I contacted support and several more days later I was told they had a glitch in the system and the names I tried to register had since been registered by someone else. I asked for a refund and was told it would be credited back to my cc within 3-5 business days. One week later still nothing. I contacted them again and was told this time that their WAS NOTHING they could do.....sorry for my trouble!! WRONG ANSWER buddy is what I said.

For literally one month I fought and fought with them until finally Tim Shor was able to provide some limited assistance in getting it sorted out. They finally issued credits to my account for future registrations. I quickly registered 3 names, transfered away and haven't been back since......NOR WILL I EVER. The support system is an absolute joke. I can honestly say that the best support I have ever received from anyone in the industry is the 24/7 telephone support at godaddy.com. Although I choose not to register my names at godaddy due to all of the constant spam email, I truly believe their customer support is unmatched.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of nonsense that gets me..please share with everyone how regfly stole your name so the truth can be seen..

This sounds like the my name dropped someopne else regitered it..I want it back theme..

but I'll hold judgement.please share the specifics hwo regfly stole your names

biznews said:
How many registrars you know steal domain namaes from the rightful registrant? Registerfly has done this to me and they will hear from my lawyers.

Moreover Registerfly is not a registrar, but an enom reseller. To have a spouce with bad habits is one thing, but to have a maniac as your partner is not acceptable. Just a bad analogy for a deservingly bad domain registration service provider - Registerfly!!!!

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
check the Name Pros Domain Name Discussion forum bid.

there is a recent thing on regfly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom