Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Avoid Serverbeach at all cost!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snaps.com was ramping up until the time that this fiasco started.
We were constantly adding new happy customers. All I can say is that this should be the last time anything like this could have such a disastrous effect on us. We will never rely on backups between servers at the same hosting company again. It sometimes takes a disaster to bring about necessary changes.

To all our existing customers, I'm sorry about all this. You came to depend on us to be there and we let you down. Please give us another chance to earn back your trust.

moxsum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gregr, I highly suggest you quickly put up pages for all your downed sites explaining the downtime, this will help you keep some of your customers!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by moxsum
Gregr, I highly suggest you quickly put up pages for all your downed sites explaining the downtime, this will help you keep some of your customers!

Thanks moxsum. I have someone working on that right now. When you're in the middle of a tornado, you forget about the little things.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gregr

Thanks moxsum. I have someone working on that right now. When you're in the middle of a tornado, you forget about the little things.

Tornados.US
$200 :D

Sorry Greg..couldnt help it..

BTW.. have you ever considered spreading your sites out on say on a lot of other servers ..

With your high powered names it may not matter(you may not need SE rankings for traffic)... but the idea is that G**gle will penalize your sites if (god forbide) you link to all of your own sites) .. They accomplish this by mostly by checking IP's ..

Anyway's I have been considering looking into a coop of sorts for servers where hundreds of webmasters share 100's of servers ..each member of the coop then can freely link with much less worries and members can increase the linking strategies with all the other members.

Plus gives the added benefit of that if a server goes down for watever reason you only have a very small percentage of websites affected ..

It would take someone with the necessary resouces to get it started , but the person that sowed the seed with the necessary servers and administration services of such a coop would be developing a service that should be much in demand once everyone understood the benefits..

Just something to take your mind off your other issues for a minute..

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting idea, though it seems like most people get their own servers for the level of control it gives them, which would be lost in this sort of a co-op.

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snaps.com is my snap re-seller of choice. And being screwed by hosts before I totally understand your situation.

No need to apologise, people will come back!

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PS. gregr can you mass mail snaps.com users when the site is back up and running?

Thanks.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by danield
Snaps.com is my snap re-seller of choice. And being screwed by hosts before I totally understand your situation.

No need to apologise, people will come back!

Thanks danield. :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by danield
PS. gregr can you mass mail snaps.com users when the site is back up and running?

Thanks.

There's irony in that question. :) Servers shut down for spam and we've yet to send a mail out to Snaps.com customers.

Yes we will send a mail out as soon as we're back up. :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status Update:

Good things come to those that wait, bitch, moan, beg and cry.

Received this email from Serverbeach. Two of my employees are heading to work to get all the sites back up.

Greg Ricks,

Your servers are currently online. You can access them with the
username 'root' and your root password allowing you to retrieve your data.

We will leave your servers online until Monday, July 7th at noon, CST,
at which time we will disable your servers.

SB Staff

3 days (72 + hours) and we finally have our data. This is a holiday so I don't think I can get my employees to do much more than retrieve the data. All the sites should be back up by tomorrow.

Now I can enjoy the fireworks tonight. :)

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry about this! I sorted my names and bought one more the night before this happened. This does seem REAL stupid! ANYONE can use ANY domain name in ANY e-mail! They will be turning off a lot of sites if this is all that it takes. Good Luck!!

moxsum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great, I see your sites are back up now, but what was the conclusion of this? Who are you hosted with now?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like he went with Rackshack...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
perfectname still down ?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is snaps.com down again?
When will it be OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom