Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Avoiding halvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Famous Domainer Quotes of 2008:

"Not to mention that a little bit goes a long way and you don't have a gooey mess when you're done." - SnapName's halvarez discussing silicone lube.

:D

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bump for actuality
Check post #56 you can add .com to most of those

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Halvarez = Snapnames.

So many people called this one but couldn't do anything about it. It's interesting going through these old threads.

but one day I had long email exchange with Nelson where I finally understood what is Halvarez doing.

Denny you were email exchanging with the Wizard of Oz. Nelson knew best what Halvarez was doing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"I forgot you have to be exactly precise with those always looking for conspiracies."

Well, Nelson. Let's see how you will explain all the skeletons under the bed.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I forgot you have to be exactly precise with those always looking for conspiracies."

Well, Nelson. Let's see how you will explain all the skeletons under the bed.
Yeah he told me on several occassions I am paranoid....well I was not but I SHOULD HAVE BEEN :)

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When there is no
transparency, accountability & oversight
you always end up with Ponzi, Bubba, Madoff & Halvaretz

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just received an email from SnapNames.

They stated halvarez was the username used by one of their employees to bid on auctions to increase final value.

Here's an extract of the email

SnapNames.com, Inc.
1600 SW 4th Ave., Suite 400
Portland, Oregon 97201

November 6, 2009

Re: Rebate Offer

Dear Customer:

On November 4, 2009, SnapNames.com, Inc. (“SnapNames”) notified customers about an unfortunate incident involving an employee bidding under a false name in certain SnapNames auctions. As we said previously, this was a clear violation of our internal policy and we regret that it occurred. In order to avoid any appearance that SnapNames benefited from this unauthorized conduct and in recognition of the importance of fair auctions, SnapNames is offering a rebate to any customer that won an auction in which this employee’s bidding activity resulted in a higher price paid by the customer. This letter provides more details regarding this rebate offer.

The account in question was named “halvarez.” Our records indicate that you won one or more auctions involving domain names in which halvarez also placed a bid. The attached Schedule I (link below) includes: (i) a list of each domain for which you were the winning bidder in a SnapNames auction in which halvarez placed a bid that affected the amount of the winning bid in the auction, (ii) the date on which the auctions for each domain closed, (iii) the winning bid price paid for such domains, (iv) the rebate amount for such domains, (v) the aggregate interest amount and (vi) the aggregate rebate amount.

Although the employee that placed bids under the name halvarez appeared to have submitted genuine bids in many auctions in which another person won, SnapNames is offering a rebate in each and every instance where this employee’s bidding had an impact on the winning bid. SnapNames is doing so to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest on the part of the company.

I just want to give you an update on this.

Cheers
Irongloves

Last edited:

Yaffiliate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like I was taken for $509, by halverez, but I imagine that is nothing compared to big spenders.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never done snap auctions but I'm starting to see how bad this situation was after reading these threads. How did he actually get caught - does anyone know the blow by blow of what happened?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the Washington Post for breaking the story - now more media report it:

http://www.xbiz.com/news/114480

"adult-domain auctioneer, registrar and appraiser Moniker.com"

"Moniker, which auctions adult domains, was swallowed last year by Oversee for a reported $65 million."

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"adult-domain auctioneer, registrar and appraiser Moniker.com"

"Moniker, which auctions adult domains, was swallowed last year by Oversee for a reported $65 million."

Yeah, I noticed that too and was about to post a comment on it ... 'til I realized that Xbiz is an adult-industry site, so that's the only reason this story is relevant to their readers!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Deepthroat from the Richard Nixon era and Washington Post comes to mind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom