Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

bakhtaran is a Scammer on DNForum - Stole Five 3-character.coms and $2550 from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Lying would be a stupid thing as they would automatically freeze his account. Each push is timestamped with the IP of the authorizing account.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forget about these ideas to lie *quickly* as DNF threads get indexed by Google and you might get caught lying faster than you can say quicksand.

To start lying and make things up probably is the worst advice you can be given in a situation like this.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
beatz, finally we agree on something :p

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol seems like that - what a rare happening.

Who knows maybe someday we can even have a beer without arguing..:greensmilewinkgrin:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lying would be a stupid thing as they would automatically freeze his account. Each push is timestamped with the IP of the authorizing account.

Your right, I was just throwing it out there, sometimes you have to think like a crook to beat a crook at his own game, I think persuing Enom as best he can would be his best option.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would certainly give Enom a written notice of what is happening. Document in writing your request for them to freeze movement of this domain. That may put some responsibility on their shoulders.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would certainly give Enom a written notice of what is happening. Document in writing your request for them to freeze movement of this domain. That may put some responsibility on their shoulders.

Enom isn't a business that will benifit it's consumer. They have little time outside of profit. I suggest you do take the steps, but don't expect much from enom.com domain registrar. I have support tickets not even responded to by that registrar. Over the last 6 months they ignored my requests to get my transfer auth codes from the email sent to them from a competing registrar.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't say she will help me to get back the domains though. :frown:

And no registrar is stupid enough to promise they'll return your domain names
pronto 100% no questions asked. You don't want them to make promises they
can't keep, do you?

dammitssam said:
They will take your word for it and push it back.

Enom's not that stupid. Most registrars if not all aren't, but not enom.

duckinla said:

Unfortunately that might require a court order.

That's why I said early on the best bet is yourself (kwok in this case). Only
kwok's persistence might produce the desired results, more so if he's able to
act quickly with competent, qualified legal assistance.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kwok/Johnn/whoever - I see YEC.net is listed on Afternic (& has a bid on it). That was on a list of domains the scammer had tried to sell (earlier in this thread). Is that an old listing of yours, or is our friend at work? (Obviously, if it's the latter, contact Afternic right away.)

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kwok/Johnn/whoever - I see YEC.net is listed on Afternic (& has a bid on it). That was on a list of domains the scammer had tried to sell (earlier in this thread). Is that an old listing of yours, or is our friend at work? (Obviously, if it's the latter, contact Afternic right away.)

That's Johnn's domain and I will PM him. Thanks and please let me know if you see any of these names for sale:
7my.com
4Ls.com
v4y.com
b4q.com
u4y.com
These are stolen domains and the scammer's eNom account has already been frozen. Don't let Dnbank scam your money.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the scammer's eNom account has already been frozen. Don't let Dnbank scam your money.

I'm very glad to hear Enom froze the domains for you, this will prevent the crook from transferring them to a foreign registrar, Enom is a great Registrar, I hope they do the right thing and return the domains to your account, without a court order.

kwok

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad to hear Enom froze the domains for you, this will prevent the crook from transferring them to a foreign registrar, Enom is a great Registrar, I hope they do the right thing and return the domains to your account, without a court order.

Yes, I am glad eNom did that. They are helpful most of the time.

sibaong

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bakhtaran aka DNBank aka eliv3n aka FarzaD

Oct 21 1985
Turkey - Iran - Malaysia

2006 : APIIT - Master of Business Administration, Kuala Lampur - Malaysia

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am glad eNom did that. They are helpful most of the time.
Nice to hear eNom helped you. Did you hear anything useful from Paypal?

kwok

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last September, 5 domains of mine were scammed and here is what happened after one year after eNom refused to return them even the Police instructed them to do so:

B4Q.com has been acquired by eNom itself.
Registrant Contact:
c/o eNom, Inc. on behalf of eNom, Inc. Customer
TBD eNom Customer TBD eNom Customer ([email protected])
+1.4252744500
Fax: +1.4259744795
Correspondence can be sent to:
c/o eNom, Inc. 2002 156th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98007
US
This may have confirmed some of the saying on the forum that eNom keeps some expired names for itself.

4Ls.com was acquired by Insecure.Com

U4Y.com and V4Y.com are dropping this month and available at Snapnames

The scammer is still keeping 7my.com

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What were the expiration dates?

hax

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Kwok. 4LS.Com expired and was auctioned off at SnapNames with the usual dozens of bidders. I won the domain on May 26 for $255.

Your best bet to have avoided this situation in the first place would have been to handle the original transaction through escrow. Failing that, you had 9 months to obtain a court injunction ordering Enom to return the domain to your account. But I understand that legal process might have cost more than the domains are worth. And that is all water under the bridge anyway. Hopefully everyone here learned a lesson from this experience. You probably learned the hardest lesson :(. Bad things can happen to the best of us.

If it will help you feel whole again, I'm willing to sell the domain back to you for just the $255 I paid to SnapNames. This offer is only available to Kwok, since I'm not really interested in selling the domain. If you are going to try and win your u4y.com and v4y.com back at SnapNames, you can post your Snap username here so we can avoid bidding and leave the name to you.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your correct about the 9 months to obtain a court order......Very nice gesture offering to return the domain Hax. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom