Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Bido auctions have been loaded into the system!

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's spam.

I don't want or expect to get spam PMs on a supposedly professional forum and I don't care if the forum admins gave him permission or not, as it's still spam no matter what way you look at it.

Yeah great, except that the forum admins did give him permission so suck it up and quit your whining or leave. I'm personally quite happy to be notified that this valuable service is going live again as would I expect any domainer to be.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah great, except that the forum admins did give him permission so suck it up and quit your whining or leave. I'm personally quite happy to be notified that this valuable service is going live again as would I expect any domainer to be.

Notifications regarding Domain Auctins should be done the way everyone
else does it on this Forum...Post a Thread...every 24 hours max.

blacknight

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Anyone with a Bido account would have got the email from them last week which was completely optin.

yamenshahin

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really nice site. and i don't care if you pm me if your site in this quality.
PS: don't forget people how cant accept paypal. It really sucks some major site ignores the needs of this people.

Nullmind

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for info, good luck with auctions :)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MH was a top notch ADMIN here, so stop WHINING about SPAM - he has every right to PM anyone on this board! Plus he had the approval of the forum to send out a message in bulk!

This matter is being investigated but unless it was Adam (DotComGod) himself, no one gave MH permission to mass-PM.

Please get your facts straight before you start making accusations.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was a paid advertisement, approved by Adam himself, that the admin who sent it here failed to mention in the body.
I mailed it to DNF staff for them to send from the Admin panel of the DNF site.

Sorry it bothered those of you that didn't like it.

For those that do support Bido, from everyone here on the Bido team, thank you very much! If anyone needs anything regarding Bido please let me know.
We have a lot to offer the domain industry and our success is actually your success because we can greatly enhance your business if you grasp the Bido concept and utilize the different features the site offers.
Plus, a rising tide raises all ships :) We are bringing a lot of exposure to the domain name industry.

On another note, does anyone have some feedback for us regarding our revolutionary Social Auction Platform? All feedback, comments, constructive criticism, insults, support, etc. are greatly appreciated!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really nice site. and i don't care if you pm me if your site in this quality.
PS: don't forget people how cant accept paypal. It really sucks some major site ignores the needs of this people.

We use PayPal as well as other methods of payment such as CreditCard, Wire, Check, and some others like WorldPay.

siteman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A top banner at the forum maybe a more welcome way to advertise than PM.

I also got an email message thru previous registration on your site,
but that message was a bit confusing and you may want to look at that.

Anyway good luck with the launch!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yet another great venue to sell domains at. The more options we have, the better.

jsu1995

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you not capable of opening a thread on your own? Do you really need someone to hold your hand and send you personal PM's to make an announcement.

You're on a forum, for God's sakes. If you want to make an announcement to everyone, don't use PM's... START A THREAD like everyone else. PM's should only be used for personal messages specifically for that individual.

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM and email and thanks to Dot Com God for ratifying the disclosure. This is important stuff to me so I didn't consider the notifications intrusive in anyway. I deemed it essential business and was grateful for the heads up. I probably would have not found your auction site without notification until I had seen the sold listings in the DNJournal thus possibly missing out on some lucrative deals.

I signed up at Bido. I commend you for the simplicity designed into your site. I agree with the above statements that this auction will inevitably help us all. I plan to be snooping around your auctions regularly because I am sure there will be money to be made buying and selling in that neck of the woods, "especially in the beginning". I am speculating that It will be an excellent opportunity to improve my portfolio.

Good luck and good job MediaHound,
Your auction site has my vote.

PS: With the credit crunch and all, I hope to see quality TLD's (other than all dot com's) in your auction for various reasons I won't elaborate on. I would rather invest in a handful good .net's or info's than one good dot com any day. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why do people keep calling this spam? This wasn't unsolicited. The forum admin allowed this to happen and you are part of this forum, if you don't like it then please quit.

I'm all for people making money any legitimate way they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom