Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BuyDomains - Out of control pricing now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point. geezertopper.com ? I would not consider this a brandable domain. Anybody in there right mind wouldn't. If your insane and have unlimited funds, everything is brandable, I agree. Aside from traffic, there are other elements that are to be considered when classifying a domain "brandable" besides a pure paid for marketing blitz. C'mon mole, you know that. Do I need to do this? Ok. Length. Extension. Catchiness. Memorability. Yes, there are a million "geezertoppers" out there. Branable? Hmm. Give me just ten examples of these millions of brandable domains that are reasonabely priced and parked on PPC. Or give me all of them. Mole. Remember that "price" is an underlying factor of this thread. Where are the quality "brandable" bargains? that are cheap or resonabely priced. Thats the market that is getting dried up that I am talkin about. Im getting some rediculous quotes for short names with no traffic.

And I suppose "brandable" is in the eye of the beholder.

M

mole

NexSite said:
Im getting some rediculous quotes for short names with no traffic.

Really, what names might that be? :cheeky:

kazoo.con?
partnec.com?
rinzik.com?
hkc.com?

Check out this guy's site http://www.domainnesteggs.com He apparently believes that "natural thought partways" are the way to go, not to say that believe will sell names though.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1095 kazoo.com

Thats a killer domain. Apparently gets traffic too.

Kerry Jones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never liked BuyDomains, because of the pricing. I can understand affordable pricing... but $20,000 for a domain is messed up. I could start a business for that price and probably profit more with little or no effort. I like to be reasonable on pricing like a few hundred or a low to medium few thousand. I feel $5,000 is even pushing it on some domains unless of course they are developed and maintained.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kerry Jones said:
I have never liked BuyDomains, because of the pricing. I can understand affordable pricing... but $20,000 for a domain is messed up. I could start a business for that price and probably profit more with little or no effort. I like to be reasonable on pricing like a few hundred or a low to medium few thousand. I feel $5,000 is even pushing it on some domains unless of course they are developed and maintained.

welcome newbie :wink:

Kerry Jones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for greeting me. I have a feeling i'll be staying around this place for a while, but lets stay on the topic at hand. ;)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the pricing trends are justified at buydomains and elsewhere.
When the justification takes into consideration all the trends affecting our industry, the pricing is clearly justified. Anyone that says that we have an overpricing trend is most likely a domain hobbyist, not a professional.
Folks, we're seeing the beginning of something massive happening to the value of domain names.

M

mole

MediaHound said:
Folks, we're seeing the beginning of something massive happening to the value of domain names.

I agree 100%. .INFO and .BIZ are coming of age.

Kerry Jones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bah, you people are weird! :D

my definition of a domain professional is having it appraised a professional page for selling it. I believe buy domains is a prime example, but some of those domains are too rich for my blood. ;)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow your sixth post and already we're weird?
you'll call us crazy in no time.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I agree 100%. .INFO and .BIZ are coming of age.

so is .cc .ws .fm .tv and all the other extensions (not naming them) that nobody flicked a buger at for years.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Kerry Jones said:
bah, you people are weird! :D

my definition of a domain professional is having it appraised a professional page for selling it. I believe buy domains is a prime example, but some of those domains are too rich for my blood. ;)

Welcome to DNF, Kerry - WHT is still a jungle, I am sure :-D

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the record sales keep being broken in a lot of extensions

M

mole

MediaHound said:
so is .cc .ws .fm .tv and all the other extensions (not naming them) that nobody flicked a buger at for years.

crazy buger :laugh:

Hey, my Christmas present from BD just arrived in my eNom account :-D I took the 15% off Christmas offer, which was $300 off. BD ain't that bad really.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their prices don't bother me. They have the right to ask what they want. The problem is they keep changing them, and not little changes either. It's one thing to raise a $1,500 domain to $2,000, but raising a $1,500 domain to $20,000 is ridiculous. They should pick a price and stick with it if they want more sales. They'd also make more sales if they'd price their domains instead of making people request the price, but sales doesn't seem to be their agenda. Their hidden agenda seems to be to grab as domains as possible to eliminate their competition. That's what makes them evil by some people's standards.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could there be a possibility that BuyDomains increases their price after say certain amount of people contact them for a specific domain? I think that might be a possibility.

Well they do have a portfolio of 450k domains so I am sure they are cooking something inside. Another important thing to point out is that, I dont understand why people simply base the value of a domain on traffic.

If a domain is a typo or something of similar situation, then it wise to base it on traffic. Otherwise, if a domain is brandle and recieves traffic then why is this also being based on traffic. I have seen many posts here where seller is trying to sell a domain and the first thing people ask is "Oh, 100 uniques/day is approx $3/day, so lets take that apply the usualy 10-12 month revenue, boom result" What is wrong with people?

I think it is time for someone to write a tutorial on differences of value of domains between traffic and brandle/generic domains (with traffic as well).

That is all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom