Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BuyDomains secret revealed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem is, the people who want to know the secrets are looking for an ABC guide to domain getting where there is no outlay of time and/or money. So when someone tells them the secret is as simple as hard work - they can't comprehend that all that stands between them and the kind of revenue domains can generate is effort. And given they are unlikely to want to put in that effort the "secret" is as useful to them as would be a black magic ritual.

Every single thing you need to know to be competitive in drops is in this forum already, in a wide variety of threads - but its all there. But it takes hard work to dig through the forum - so I guess its still just out of peoples grasp...

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The real measure of success in this business is not found in secret methods of grabbing expired domain names, or the quantity of names that you have. The real measure is 'How much money have you made with them?'

quack :rolleyes:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MC Juice.
"Beatz; Aren't you the same person who complained about how unfair buydomains/ultsearch was a few months back? "
Yes.
As i said in my initial post "I used to bitch about them too.."
But we live and learn.:)

Originally posted by domainduck
The real measure of success in this business is not found in secret methods of grabbing expired domain names, or the quantity of names that you have. The real measure is 'How much money have you made with them?'

You neglected to mention that you can make money ONLY with quality names.

And how you get quality names?

By being able to grab them.

So your success depends on "methods".

Thats not true John. Many of the domains I've sold I would think twice about renewing - and yet their average sales price is over $3k.

There are many ways to make money in this game, people just get fixated with the very cream of the drops is all and assume if they don't get those that they can't make money - and thats just plain wrong.

safesys, you probably sold your domains 1 or 2 years ago when people paid thousands for crappy names. The guy sold stepinside.com to JC Penny for 125K. Today I wouldn't buy it even for $500.

So nowadays the quality of name is paramount.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very true,Safesys.

I too sold some crappy names for a couple of $k each.

I do agree quality names make most sense in the end though.

Hey, i mean you can even make money with domains without owning a real domain.
How?
Well, if you got no money for a domain,simply get yourself a free webadress like geocities or from numerous others, preferably one like soul.cjb.net (where "soul" is replaced by your own keyword),develop a site/doorway page matching the keyword,hook up with an affiliate program,do SE optimizing,-> there you go.
You'd be surprised how many free "domain" pages have a high ranking on SE's for specific keywords.

No John, people still pay thousands for crappy names.

by crappy i don't mean 3-4 word hyphened .org's - I mean non obvious .com's

beatz, if you are so successful with no-quality names, then why do you want beat UtlSearch and BD in the game of grabbing quality names?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because
"I do agree quality names make most sense in the end though. "
Just was to show that even crappy names can be sold some times.
Not saying one should put the emphasis on crappy names though.:D

Originally posted by safesys
No John, people still pay thousands for crappy names.

by crappy i don't mean 3-4 word hyphened .org's - I mean non obvious .com's

Please give me an example of "crappy names" bought for thousands.

I am waiting.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Booth
safesys, you probably sold your domains 1 or 2 years ago when people paid thousands for crappy names. The guy sold stepinside.com to JC Penny for 125K. Today I wouldn't buy it even for $500.

So nowadays the quality of name is paramount.

Domain name quality is always important, but quality is a subjective measure.

The guy did not sell StepInside.com to J.C. Penny for 125K. J.C. Penny bought it from the Guy's buyer for well over 125K and I'd bet that J.C. Penny would buy it again, because it's a threat to their 'It's All Inside' campaign. StepInside is simply better. Imagine that kind of money to protect yourself vs. buying for development / use?

And it really doesn't matter 'who' would pay for a name so long as 'somebody' does, because once again, the measure of your success is your bottom line, not the size of your domain portfolio.

quack :D

Sorry John, I'm not prepared to do that in an open forum just placate your skepticism. If Aactive is around, he can vouch that a name I sold May 30th this year for $3,200 was indeed "crappy" by any definition of the word.

safesys, as a "moderator " of this forum you should be setting a higher standard for domain guys. Instead you are telling the world that it is ok to buy crappy domains. You may sold your crappy name by accident, but it doesn't mean that it is ok to buy ones.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Crappy is subjective. One man's garbage is another man's gold. When you start judging domainers like safesys, you are stepping way out of line. Few people know more about this game than he.....

quack

No John, I am telling people that non prime top tier domains can sell for good money. People should always have a reason why they register a domain. I don't sell names by accident - another example of a non prime sale was a 16 letter, 2 word .com that I sold 23rd June for $4,500.

My being a moderator has zero bearing on my opinion or experience.

Funny.

I just noticed that beatz edited his post. He removed the part where he listed "crappy domains" he sold for thousands.

This says it all!

Not everyone wants to list their sales on a public forum that can be indexed by spiders and/or can be used by those with similar names who think the buyer is a soft target for their domains.

Originally posted by safesys
Not everyone wants to list their sales on a public forum that can be indexed by spiders and/or can be used by those with similar names who think the buyer is a soft target for their domains.

safesys, I don't think this is the reason.

I think those "sales" never happened. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom