Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.CA drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prose

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't follow the .CA drops too religiously but today I noted at sibername there were (12) domains with bids over X,XXX. They totalled approx. $25,000. I'm all most positive that this is not normal.

Some good ones like
eb.ca (electronic boutique/ebay typo... ).
mto.ca ministry of transportation (501 ovt w/ext).

I'm thinking all the .ca's over the holidays were held until the 5th.

Good news for .CA's domain values? Or are drops prices bloating like .com's are?

Domain Days 2024

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.ca is becoming increasingly popular.
Canadians are big users on the internet. and .ca is very popular here. it's inevitable they will only grow in value..

Thus far I've won two names today. hopefully i get the main 4 i realy worked for.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
prose said:
I don't follow the .CA drops too religiously but today I noted at sibername there were (12) domains with bids over X,XXX. They totalled approx. $25,000. I'm all most positive that this is not normal.
Some good ones like
eb.ca (electronic boutique/ebay typo... ).
mto.ca ministry of transportation (501 ovt w/ext).
I'm thinking all the .ca's over the holidays were held until the 5th.
Good news for .CA's domain values? Or are drops prices bloating like .com's are?

Names like that even dropping in the first place speaks volumes about the value of .CA names. They aren't all dropping by mistake.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like I've gotten ten so far.. but cant get a full count untill the dust settles. So far 775 names got snapped today. So its hard to check each one manually.

gruffyserv said:
Names like that even dropping in the first place speaks volumes about the value of .CA names. They aren't all dropping by mistake.

Let them Drop, let them drop.. I'll snap them up real quick. I make revenue on mine well above what I'm paying, and getting keywords and real nice two worders too. When you check stats on some names you might notice some high numbers coming from Canada. And USA.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get rid of my picked up .CA names yet :(

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
where do you park your .cas jack?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I park them at namedrive...

Final count in for me. I won 20 names today. Not as lucky as I hoped. Only 3 great names, the rest are secondary as I like to call them.

Ah well, tomorrows another day.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gruffyserv said:
Far for the truth.
Let them Drop, let them drop.. I'll snap them up real quick. I make revenue on mine well above what I'm paying, and getting keywords and real nice two worders too. When you check stats on some names you might notice some high numbers coming from Canada. And USA.
What are you talking about? There is no money to be made from .CA domain names.
If only tomorrow was another today.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JackSplat said:
I park them at namedrive...

Final count in for me. I won 20 names today. Not as lucky as I hoped. Only 3 great names, the rest are secondary as I like to call them.

Congrats on the 20 names. What are the 3 great names?

Shaun

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hand regged hearingimpaired.ca the other day, was rather surprised to see that. Also grabbed incoming.ca to go with my outgoing.ca :)

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aactive said:
Congrats on the 20 names. What are the 3 great names?

Shaun

I guess it's a secret then.

Shaun

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost a couple, as the system had a problem. I had confirmation of ownership through cira for touchscreens.ca reclaim.ca and another i dont care about really, and cant remember. Out of the ones I'm happy about and are developable are Workers.ca Worksite.ca Preach.ca (similar to the one i just bought here at dnf, Preacher.ca) Bookends.ca Cryptic.ca (might have purpose other than ppc) Bathe.ca (Acceptable Keyword for it's market) And a bunch of (secondary's) as I call them. On any other day than yesterday. Some of these names would have been unatainable. Or bidding real high. I didn't get the ones I realy wanted but I am pleased with a few of these. Parked my .ca make its reg fee very easily and without effort. PPC program offered by DNF's services has proven to be very profitable. I don't normally talk about my domains, especially in a forum. But my portfolio of domains are getting close to the 1000 mark now, and soon the weeding out begins and development has already begun with some very small projects. I'm messing with some little sites right now getting my feet wet. I'm learning alot each day and getting myself trained and ready to manage some bigger pet projects. My expectations of 2006 for my sites would be to have at least 100 decent PPC sites and a few test market sites and also 2-3 big projects. So far I'm ahead of schedule and not taking on too much. So it looks good so far. Me being Canadian I have special preference to .ca. I feel there is money to be made in it, I also like the way cira operates. They do their best to keep it fair for the average Joe. And they do, it's just a little complicated and very difficult to explain. Their rules are a bloody novel if you ask me, but once you've been down that road a few times they begin to make sence and you learn to operate accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom