Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Catching Flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, day of redemption when I find out which .flights I submitted for pre-regs actually get placed into my account.

One I did not get, with great disappointment, is Las Vegas .flights. For those that do not know, this is the number one flight destination in the world in terms of volumes of people (and I believe as a destination as well).

I believe dot flights will be a viable name in terms of connecting up with some travel affiliate programs.

As a search term (keyword + extension) I believe this one can pick up some great traction.

Along with .flights, several other extensions are revealing their destinations and new owners today (such as .properties and .rentals)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ooo...I am also getting burned on .rentals.

So far, I have been notified that I did not get newyork, cloud, obx, sanjose, beach, outerbanks, etc .rentals.

Based on the number of non-catches and the numerous I have looked up, I think .rentals is going to also be a strong extension with a very large, broad market. In other words, appealing to more peeps other than just domainers.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the .future, please post all .whatevers threads, in .GTLD discussion section.

Thanks

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
okay, managed to get a few...

Jeju.flights
Jeju has the most daily flights than any other destination in the world. Koreans seemed to be quite obsessed with this getaway

SpaceTourism.flights
SpaceTourists.flights
Potential here is quite huge as this will be a reality within a couple of years.

TwoWay.flights
Another name for "round trip". Many flight sites use this language during their searches. "Round Trip" seems to be an anglo things

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's reg fee on those .flights?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some $29, some $49. None of these were pre-regs. I did not get any of my pre-regs. First time for everything

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
okay, managed to get a few...

Jeju.flights
Jeju has the most daily flights than any other destination in the world. Koreans seemed to be quite obsessed with this getaway

SpaceTourism.flights
SpaceTourists.flights
Potential here is quite huge as this will be a reality within a couple of years.

TwoWay.flights
Another name for "round trip". Many flight sites use this language during their searches. "Round Trip" seems to be an anglo things

3 out of those 4 are available in .com right now for reg fee.

Search volume of those 4:

They don't even sell that good in .com. When they do, most are low x,xxx. The one you mentioned that you didn't get, lasvegas.flights, in .com sold for only $6,000.

Looks like most of those new travel ones had a horrible day, 3 of them couldn't even hit 1,000 regs.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems everything with search volume over 500 is premium priced.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well...ya know; things are gonna be different.

I am willing to bet reg fees on that.

Not painful at all.

Whether or not they are available with adding the .com is not the point. The entire point is, you do not need to add the dot com for it to be an effective site. Not a parked page, but a site.

As for measuring the success of new regs, seriously...your metrics are what they hit in one day? Seriously?

We (well, not me) look at .club being a resounding success based on number of regs. Yet those names are only priced sub 10 bucks. That opened the flood gates for everyone. Unfortunately, those floods gates containing "everyone" was every one calling themselves a domainer. Highly suspicious of any endusers. Doesn't make sense to use the same metrics there because those numbers are so skewed and screwed. Businesses won't cozy up to the .club...only domainers.

As for LasVegas dot flights only selling for $6K...have you seen the p.o.s. parking page for that? Horrible waste of $6K.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems everything with search volume over 500 is premium priced.
Search volume, hmm.

I've regged a great deal of speculative technologies with search volumes in the teens...and have still sold for 5 figures.

I am okay waiting. Some are not.

Everyone has their own thing they go by.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"As for measuring the success of new regs, seriously...your metrics are what they hit in one day? Seriously?"

Yes. First day should be the most regs. If you come out of the gate stumbling, not a very bright future. And every day after the first day, the availability of good names goes down. They're already in short supply to begin with. You can get a good feel pretty quickly with how these will turn out, based on early numbers.

"We (well, not me) look at .club being a resounding success based on number of regs."

I don't consider that a resounding success. Those aren't great numbers. They probably won't even hit 10% of their original expectations. Went from we're going to get 1 million the first year, to, we just want to beat .guru.

"Whether or not they are available with adding the .com is not the point. The entire point is, you do not need to add the dot com for it to be an effective site. Not a parked page, but a site."

True, you can make a site with any extension. But if the .com is sitting there for reg fee, why wouldn't you go with that one for the site? Why go with an untested extension instead of the one the public is already familiar with? And if it is sitting there for reg fee, it tells you there is no/not much demand for it. From domainers or end users. That's not a good sign. Those aren't terms I would go after in some new extension.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JB, as always I appreciate your insight. Even if this whole gTLD thing is a massive experiment gone wrong, I'll take my chances.

Sometimes Long Tail don't cut it with me. And in the end, it will read easier and roll of the lips a whole lot smoother going to Space Tourism dot flights. Afterall, with market awareness (in time) that is what the extension is for.

As for demand, I would not expect much demand for it (at present) in any extension.

And jeju is totally an experiment I am willing to put time and money in to create a travel related site, even if that includes getting help from one of my Korean buddies.. The fact that Jeju is one-half of the most flights daily flights for tourism/relaxation is impressive enough to throw $29 bucks at.

loupe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And also lets not forget, many are a niche, so judging them just by numbers is not a good way. I would rather judge them in a few years by seeing more and more end-users using them for their specific business fitting them with the right side of the Dot.
Also i agree with Gerry that it's more natural and there is no need for extra characters to describe something in word.word vs wordword(..).com/org/net etc.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, what a birthday surprise!

Somehow, NewYorkCity .flights came back up as being available. Countless times checking this and other major city names it came up as unavailable, having been pre-regged.

This evening when checking for another New York City extension, up popped NewYorkCity.flights.

Apparently payment went sour or failed.

The shear volume of searches for is quite impressive, being the number one flight market in the US.

I have already found an affiliate program able to set up a white site.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bet that the matching .aero are still available :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bet that most normal people will be more comfortable with for example city.flights as to city.aero ;)
no, people just go to expedia or whatever. no one goes to a different site for each state they fly to.

loupe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no, people just go to expedia or whatever. no one goes to a different site for each state they fly to.

I see you think CA/US are the world :) I'm reasoning from the many countries like in Europe where people do visit multiple sites in hunting for good tickets. Especially the Dutch like to go Dutch instead of sticking to 1 site ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom