Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.cc domains suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stonesoup said:
Little example:

a: http://1.cc
b: http://1.ca

What's your choice?
I choice a:[1.cc]
:D
AGAIN, .ca is good for Canadians, just like .de for the Germans. Of course, nothing compares to .com. ;)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
01.com is obvious I must say... 1.cc???? Have you temporarily gone insane?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you ClassicNames...

We must also point out that for the values some people have been throwing around for 1.cc ($20,000-$30,000) you could buy a name like Vodka.com or Bread.com or something like that...

why would you buy a .cc for that much money when you can get a premium .com for the same amount, just doesnt make any sense - 1.cc will not get any type in traffic and its hardly brandable, it sounds ugly when you say it aloud and it sure doesnt give your image a recognizable brand

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT

if you could buy a one number .cc domain for $25.00, would you?

the value of this domain, or any domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

unless it makes revenue!

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow - such cross-thread determination to downgrade 1.cc...Anyway, it's exquisitely brandable, visually beautiful, memorable, and one of a kind. Does not sound bad, either. How many of us learned about Google or Yahoo or anything like that from the radio? The internet is primarily a visual medium, as is TV, as is print. As I suggested in the other thread, one ad campaign could be enough to make a huge impression, as well as be good for .cc in general.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, but if I had $50,000 to buy and brand a domain I would much rather get a premium .com domain and spend my money advertising it, I'm not saying I wouldnt register it for $25, but some people are throwing around appraisals for $50,000+ on a name that will never be worth 1/10 of that value

M

mole

GT Web said:
but some people are throwing around appraisals for $50,000+ on a name that will never be worth 1/10 of that value

I agree. That happens every time for .COM.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
yes, but if I had $50,000 to buy and brand a domain I would much rather get a premium .com domain and spend my money advertising it, I'm not saying I wouldnt register it for $25, but some people are throwing around appraisals for $50,000+ on a name that will never be worth 1/10 of that value

Never, GT Web? How can you be so sure? Some people use the term 'dream,' but some like to talk about 'vision.' It would not surprise me at all if within 5 to 10 years 1.cc, as special as it is, appeared in the news as being sold for millions. You crawl before you walk, and I'm also sure many wish they got in when the first domainers picked up the prime dictionary .com's, for instance - when few considered the whole idea worthwhile or even knew about it. The world is not exactly shrinking, or even simply internet access, for that matter, and many millions of new internet users are likely to arise to surf the web, perhaps stopping at 1.cc along the way. And of course, as I mentioned in the other thread, "CC" is doubtless already a happy acronym for many people, aside from the "credit card" angle.

Let's look at the $50,000 you've mentioned above. It all depends on your perspective. To some, the $50,000 is not a big cost, especially a credit card company, for instance, or simply a wealthy entrepreneur. To others, the $50,000 may be most or all they have, and they 'need' the present comparative 'certainty' of a top-tier .com. But that does not mean, then, that something like 1.cc is therefore to be devalued. No, not at all. Many companies and people can well afford to pay a high price for it now, and I believe a high price is warranted. If Jandy wants to sell for less, that's her prerogative, but I would not recommend it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But in theory that applies to every domain name...

mindwiggles.com could sell for $50,000 giving the right circumstances, the point is that no .cc names have been sold for anywhere near that amount and there are about 10 extensions that will have to dramatically rise in value before 1.cc is worth more than 4 figures.

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www said:
. But that does not mean, then, that something like 1.cc is therefore to be devalued. No, not at all. Many companies and people can well afford to pay a high price for it now, and I believe a high price is warranted. If Jandy wants to sell for less, that's her prerogative, but I would not recommend it.

thank for Dear www
I think I would not sell it so qiuckly~
10 years for 1.CC just less than $300~~
Maybe I will develope it first~and also wait for a better price~~
In my mind~everyone domain means a dream of the owner~especially the one you want get~~~right? $50000 seem not a big cost~although this price is higher than I expcet~~:)~~but it also means another kind of dream~~

p.s this discuss may be over~~
thank for everyone~~~

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how would you develop 1.cc?

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
still thinking~~
maybe you can visit http://www.1.CC later~~
now it may url-direct to sedo.com first~~

M

mole

www said:
Never, GT Web? How can you be so sure? Some people use the term 'dream,' but some like to talk about 'vision.'

Vision?? Sorry but what have you been smoking, www - weed, weed, weed?

.CC is Cocos (Keeling) Island, period. Not cotton candy, not credit cards, not crazy chimpanzees.
http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-whois.htm

Now, on the other hand, .BIZ is 'vision' :-D

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Vision?? Sorry but what have you been smoking, www - weed, weed, weed?

.CC is Cocos (Keeling) Island, period. Not cotton candy, not credit cards, not crazy chimpanzees.
http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-whois.htm

Now, on the other hand, .BIZ is 'vision' :-D

no~
you should care about it read~~CC-->read by Chinese~
it can mean "smile"~~~
don't forget~~how many Chinese in the world~~?
You can't think it by your mind~

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
But in theory that applies to every domain name...

mindwiggles.com could sell for $50,000 giving the right circumstances, the point is that no .cc names have been sold for anywhere near that amount and there are about 10 extensions that will have to dramatically rise in value before 1.cc is worth more than 4 figures.

Who can claim to know such things, as everyone would acknowledge many unreported transactions take place? And where do all these fit into your own theory as well: http://greatdomains.com/en-def-349cbf944bd6/domain_browse_other.shtml?HHbrowse=all?
This domain is not even one week old, and doubtless hardly anyone on the globe knows it even exists. I'm confident there are a great many people in the world who would be very happy to pay at least five figures for it now, and they should not be very hard to find.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
how would you develop 1.cc?

Consultant from Balco Industries speaking to Barry Bonds...

All you have to do is dispense 1 cc of testosterone into this needle and then stick it in your ass.

Here is my tag line for the development of 1.cc:

Hey Ladies... Do you like guys that hit the long ball? Come visit 1.cc and see how it is done. :wink:

M

mole

jandy519 said:
Cheinese~

Is that a mongoloid poodle, 19? :-D

ClassicNames.com said:
Here is my tag line for the development of 1.cc:

Hey Ladies... Do you like guys that hit the long ball? Come visit 1.cc and see how it is done. :wink:

Mine is:

Come see the world's first crazy chimpanzee :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom