Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

change domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimrich

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I want to drop a domain name that I've had for a year and take a different one soon. I am wondering what all will happen to my current website when I change the domain name pointing to it. Will I have to start from scratch to contact search engines, directories, etc.? I have several domain names all pointing to my one website and am considering changing some of those domains also or just dropping them. Aside from the obvious thing of having a new domain point to my website and changing a few things at the site to illustrate the new domain name, what else do I need to do after letting go one domain name and taking on another or two?

Our current domain name is rainbowsedgegallery.com

When I drop the current domain, do I need to notify the domain seller or just let it expire?

thanks for any feedback on this............

jim

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Get a new one, point the old one to the new one. Do not let it drop! If it has any amount of significant traffic, it will be picked up by domain recyclers that register domains, park them and then drop them 4 days later without paying any registration fees ever. For $8 a year you'll sleep better at night.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey good question jim. i find myself wondering, how does this work w/ your hosting service if you decide to drop the primary d.n. that they set you up under? do they transfer your existing account to the new name? hmm, don't know how well i am explaining this :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom