Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

clear as mud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
nhlrat - i've posted your most recent announcement below with a few questions. Given that nobody seems capable of responding to my questions about the new rules, I'm not really expecting a response...none the less, given the new found urgency to ban members I feel compelled to try:

As of today Silver members will be restricted to READ ONLY in all forums! There are too many members that are more interested in playing games rather then sticking to business and we are no longer going to accomodate them.

"one bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch girl"

i've noticed a handful of posts that might be problems for mods to keep up with. but there is TREMENDOUS response from silver members in the sales threads and not allowing them to reply would greatly restrict sales. if the goal is to force interested parties to upgrade this is the wrong way to do it.

Threads realted to topics that have no benefit to this site will begin to be closed and/or deleted as management sees fit.

My response:

so the humor section will be going away? if not, what exactly is the litmus test. i think members should know...dont you? any post that doesnt mention domains will be deleted? what? WWHHAATTTTTTT!!!!

:) - frustrating isnt it? i dont think very many people have a problem with rules..rule changes..new rules..but we NEED to understand what the rules ARE. not this mamby pamby

"Threads realted to topics that have no benefit to this site will begin to be closed and/or deleted as management sees fit."

That doesnt tell us anything except somebody got a hair across their butt this morning. (translation: somebody got irritated about something and decide it was time for a new rule)

Avatars and signatures should also be checked at this time by all members. These are features that let you express your identity at dnforum, however, we will not tolerate avatars or signatures that are considered offensive, contain adult material, or promote ideas that violate forum rules. If either your avatar or signature does not meet these standards, it will be deleted. You may add a new avatar or signature, but if you add the same one, or another that does not comply, your ability to add either will be removed and your account may be suspended.

My response:

this is as vague as the other rules. can anybody provide an example of what the new management feels would constitute ANY of the above so members have a small clue about what the heck you guys are talking about?

In short, we are trying to stay on track with what this forum is about....the domain business!

My response:

so are we. today, at this forum.. so far...., i finalized a deal with another member that amounts to a total value of about $4,000. then i loaned another good member a very small amount of cash. then i pm'd a member about a potential sale. and its early.

is that big money? nope. but do deals like that keep this place moving? of course they do.

everybody is trying to stay on track...but giving us the vague rule of the day isnt helping.

all i ask is that you better define what you are asking for when you set down these edicts. the confusion that is caused by these rulings are far worse for business here than the problems that you are attempting to fix.

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SILVER'S are not able to post for a couple of reasons.

1)It is very hard to conduct a sale if a Silver member replies to a thread, because Silver's have no PM ability. It is also their right to disable email, leaving NO means of contact. I watched a couple of sales fall through, and seller's become angered over the inability to contact a Silver member over a so called "sold" domain.

2)Another reason is that since Silver is free, it allows banned members to sign back up and start replying. Our old friend CEO-AIS signed up today, and immediately started disrupting the forum in the same way he did before Greg banned him. None of us want that here, and the Staff is doing everything it can to keep this a friendly business atmosphere.

:)

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't let the CEO dude penalize the silver members. If you do this, he won.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameGuy

So your answer translates into , to kill a pest you use a bulldozer?

There is NO such thing as a "banned" member anyways, anyone that wants back in can EASILY get back in.

You guys are simply scaring away many good people with these police state tactics. It is going to cost DNF and it's members.

Lighten up and let everyone be who they are. When people get out of hand (tempers flare , unprofessional behavior etc..) then put them on ice for a few days.. ASK those individuals to not post for a few days until they chill out and you'll get a much better response than with the whip.

That said some people like the whip..beat me wipe me ..teach me love :laugh:

whoops ..sorry that wasnt very professional of me.. I'll go take a breather.. :)

M

mole

"These are features that let you express your identity at dnforum, however, we will not tolerate avatars or signatures that are considered offensive, contain adult material, or promote ideas that violate forum rules. If either your avatar or signature does not meet these standards, it will be deleted. You may add a new avatar or signature, but if you add the same one, or another that does not comply, your ability to add either will be removed and your account may be suspended."

IMHO, just a simple PM to the offender will do. Saddam found a lot of things "offensive" in his time, he just shot the victim in the head.

S

Sammy

Originally posted by NameGuy

Nope not at all. This issue has been going back and forth since day one about Silver members and we've finally made the switch.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry nameguy..my reponse was meant for GD's answer

Originally posted by bidawinner

So your answer translates into , to kill a pest you use a bulldozer?

There is NO such thing as a "banned" member anyways, anyone that wants back in can EASILY get back in.

You guys are simply scaring away many good people with these police state tactics. It is going to cost DNF and it's members.

Lighten up and let everyone be who they are. When people get out of hand (tempers flare , unprofessional behavior etc..) then put them on ice for a few days.. ASK those individuals to not post for a few days until they chill out and you'll get a much better response than with the whip.

That said some people like the whip..beat me wipe me ..teach me love :laugh:

whoops ..sorry that wasnt very professional of me.. I'll go take a breather.. :)

M

mole

Hi,

I've changed my avator so that I'll be more welcome here. :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

:eek: :laugh:

I am paranoid my dog peeing might not be up to standards here, can a peeing dog be offensive?

it is professional if that is a "domain whiz" the dog is taking :laugh:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am paranoid my dog peeing might not be up to standards here, can a peeing dog be offensive?
Just imagine using that as your company logo or have it printed on all letterheads ...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PS. Remember Silver and Guests can still view domains for sale. Just because Silver can't post, it doesn't mean they can't contact you about buying your names. If you have your email or www links enabled, Silver can email you privately. They just can't post in the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom