Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cloud domains entrap domainers once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cloud is not a fad. I've posted legitimate tech articles for viewing.

It is a service.

Before regging cloud domains, or condemning them, take time to give yourself a brief education on what cloud computing is and what it can do for individuals (but primarily institutions).

Those that were reading about this 4 years ago and regging were smart to do so.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Perhaps. But going about this blindly will be costly.

Read, read, read, read and then read some more. You might get lucky.

The issue is you have to wait it out and see if someone wants the name.

Not too many people have the balls to wait it out...just like when the stock market dips - panic selling.

Doc, I find your point of view about Cloud and Cloud domains more balanced, I don’t understand why some people want to go to either extreme as far as being for or against them without doing any research.

A lot of the domains that I am finding available are the ones that were dropped a few months ago by people who even though were smart enough to get them two or three years ago, but were not patient enough to hang on to them. It is just now that events are being put in to motion that is making Cloud domains a real possibility for success.

-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cloud computing is not a fad but regging names for the sake of regging available cloud domains is a fad.

I'd going to go to be now...no need for anyone to reg IamGoingToBedNowCloud.com

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The crowd of beginners and followers usually register random keyword with cloud,
and hope there're buyers who want to choose those domains as their brands. Such
an approach is not an effective strategy and could be a waste of money if they don't
get 'lucky'.

However, if they register 100 domains and manage to get a buyer with $2000+ for
one domain, it'd be profitable. If they don't get a buyer in the first year, they have to
renew the 100 domains - that's the time when you feel the pain :)

Alexander
Domain Educator
http://www.NicheResearch.com/New

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cloud computing is not a fad but regging names for the sake of regging available cloud domains is a fad.
Exactly my point.

Browse the cloud/3D/AR/etc threads, how many compelling names do you see ?
It's an endless stream of regfee domains. Hardly anything eye-catching.

The way I see it... when a new trend emerges and you want to be part of it, if you can't find good regfee domains, you can still turn to the aftermarket in an attempt to jump on the bandwagon.
Now if that doesn't work just admit you're late to the game and move on to another niche. But why insist on following the herd, people are afraid of 'missing out' and burning money on badregs.com ( <== still available :)).

Sorry for being so negative.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered 21 cloud domains costing $ 171.57 . Sold one which has covered cost of all cloud domains and gave me $$$ extra cash. Is that a bad deal ?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that a bad deal ?
Only you can answer that.

The point of regging a shed load of names in hopes of selling one or two is and has been someone's comeback for I told you so.

A year from now, lets see how many drops there are containing the word cloud.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think some beginners are deceived into thinking that domaining is easy & quick money.

People see domains being sold for thousands of dollars and think:

"Cloud computing is hot right now. If I register some names with the word cloud in them someone will pay big bucks for them."

People usually will pay for quality. Like Katherine mentioned the 3D, Cloud, and AR names you see being showcased rarely have any value.

Only a small percentage have true value and are awesome domains that would appeal to an end user or domainer.

Sadly, this it is part of the learning curve for beginners & hopefully they don't make the same mistake again.

Skinny

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered 21 cloud domains costing $ 171.57 . Sold one which has covered cost of all cloud domains and gave me $$$ extra cash. Is that a bad deal ?

Will you be renewing the rest?

over and over? (parsons will give you a coupon code if you want)

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

The stock market shows that the crowd, in general, has more knowledge than the individual.
By the time the individual goes to act, most of the time - its too late. The gems are gone.
The best deals are gone. So the rest is just noise (spilling onto the domain forums).

Now if domainers did development, then a lower quality cloud domain that was brought top 10 on google,
would have some real value. So that opportunity IS there, it IS real, but so few work toward that.

Kevin

PVFARKAS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cloud is $241b by 2020 according to Forrester, Gartner etc.

hey gerry, long time man, p

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cloud is $241b by 2020 according to Forrester, Gartner etc.

hey gerry, long time man, p
Hi, Paul.

My guess is that $ number will be eclipsed long before then.

As soon as security gets nailed down, the outsourcing begins. Jobs may be lost in-house but jobs will be created by these huge data centers. The profitability of fees for service is going to be staggering. Red Hat was perhaps the first to try this perhaps 6-8 years ago with their enterprise customers. I thought they were nuts. I was quickly proven wrong but glad I was proven wrong as my stock valuation in Red Hat increased by nearly 900%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom