Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dangerous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was speaking on LinkedIN thread about this sale.. the consensus is that development is the way to go.. but noone could come up with a purpose.

Kudos to the Buyer I guess on this one as I think it went way to cheap, but saying that it is a hard one to call in this market.

Regged since 95.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
name is worth 50k min all day..hell of a deal, I would have paid double for it

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the name was fairly priced and not cheap by any means. I think this is part of the continuing correction in the inflated prices of many names.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
huge bargain..i should start using those sites.

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn thats cheap! Great domain to develop into an escaped prisoners ... :p

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it was so cheap - why didnt you guys bid ????

Sheesh, it seems obvious to me you guys like talking up the domain market

I mean, its not like namejet is so secret that you couldnt have bid ?

As far as I am concerned, the domain is worth 15k - hammer price

Credit crunch or not

The rubber meets the road where the bs talk end

As for myself , I like the domain in so far as I can flip it to another domain sucker in a game of greater fool theory or Liars Poker

But my mind tries to monetize this domain

And the hammer price seems fair

I subscribe to your domaining philosophy.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me this is an awesome domain that went for a bargain price. I can actually see so much development potential in this domain that it would most certainly be possible for the new owner to make back the investment.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Credit crunch or not

As for myself , I like the domain in so far as I can flip it to another domain sucker in a game of greater fool theory or Liars Poker

Well, an auction, regardless of good or bad financial situations, depends a lot on luck. A name sold for $5k one day can sell for $25k a week later on the same auction venue. I personally think this name is worth more than $15k and by "worth" I mean the potential of selling it for a lot more (which is high).

Either way, $15k is nothing to cry about, but I'm not sure I would've been satisfied with that price if I was the seller.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Credit crunch or not

There is something called "Right place, Right time" This is how major bargains are had...such as with this domain. Of course namejet is not a secret...Honestly, I was in this auction...felt it would go for at least 30-40k and I blew it off....As I would have been out at about 20k - not because I do not think it is more valuable, but I have large sums of cash tied up in development and recent purchases..at this time.

Your 'bs talk' theory is silly IMO. I know a few that have commented in this thread (myself included) have spent at least a few 100k on domains this year...no BS there.

This is clearly a case of right time and place for a major bargain....quite lucky in my opinion.

i would rather own danger.com

I would too

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dangerous.com - show me how to monetize it and i will say its worth the money

otherwise you are just sitting around waiting for an end-user

It's a 13 year old most generic english single-word .COM and most likely it will already have a little traffic. I do agree that there might not be a lot of products directly related to the keyword (it's too generic), but it sure is brandable for a lot of other things; extreme sports, weapons, safety, martial arts, dangerous encounters (with animals, people etc.), crime, drugs etc. I mean, it's so generic that the amount of uses are "endless". Throw up some content related to the keyword, submit to SEs and social bookmarking sites, build traffic and make some adsense money until you get a good offer from end-user or enthusiastic domainer.

If this name was listed on T.R.A.F.F.I.C., could you not see it sell for $30k+?

Last edited:

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me this is an awesome domain that went for a bargain price. I can actually see so much development potential in this domain that it would most certainly be possible for the new owner to make back the investment.

It would be hard to develop profitably. Tbh I can't think of any ideas. But for resale it does have good flipping potential

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

and personally, i would rather own danger.com
Unquestionably, danger would be better and the price would be in the $XXXk. With that said, if you agree and it only went for $45K you would say "bargain".

I do understand your thing about a bargain talkup. But, in a different time, different economy that would have indeed been a bargain.

I am also an art collector of certain artists and pottery collector of certain makers.

When I see auction results, as in domaining, I too say "bargain". But that does not mean I want to own them all. Plus, sometimes these domain prices simply catch me off guard!

I remember someone contacting me while the auction was going on for dangerous with 89 bids and a little over 10K. My response to him was, "man, that is going to go through the roof!".

So, based on my "pre-hammer-price-assessment" - yup, bargain!

Last edited:

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

and personally, i would rather own danger.com

How about extreme sports videos to help bring in the traffic, complimented with extreme sports product sales or advertising of extreme sports products. Good brand potential, an excellent name for an extreme sports store.

edit - ok just spotted pcproffenno 'extreme sports' above - Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom