Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dangerous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
extreme sports.. good PPC, however I calculated that you would need the site to make just over $1000 a month which is do-able were you to affiliate it, adsense revenue based on site averages would make you $250+ per month.. so you are looking at money back within a year, and you still have selling potential.. flipping it for $30k is not a crazy sum to expect.

All in all I think it was a steal, regardless of the nay-sayers and the Chicken Littles say.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are going to make a very nice profit on this domain. NO-RESERVE auctions do have risks, but not for excellent single keyword domains like Dangerous. Expect this one to sell between $20,000 and $30,000 AT LEAST. Add a link to the auction in your signature and, if you havn't done so, email at least 15 end users a link to the auction (I can send you an effective template e-mail I use each time... and it works beautifully) - end users who could maybe benefit in some way from owning this superb domain.
I won't wish you luck because this domain does not need any.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Currently at around $7,300 at Sedo's no reserve auction.
For domains that are of this caliber, a no reserve auction can be proven catastrophic.

The term is in the upper $xx,xxx range if not at 6 figures. Sure, the economy dictates blah blah blah - then keep the domain for as long as needed. An investment of $15k is peanuts compared to its value.

"Dangerous" brings back memories of Elite, anyone else played that game in the mid 80's?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Currently at around $7,300 at Sedo's no reserve auction.
For domains that are of this caliber, a no reserve auction can be proven catastrophic.

The term is in the upper $xx,xxx range if not at 6 figures. Sure, the economy dictates blah blah blah - then keep the domain for as long as needed. An investment of $15k is peanuts compared to its value.

"Dangerous" brings back memories of Elite, anyone else played that game in the mid 80's?

i agree totally
this gamble deserves to land high xx,xxx up as that is what the domain is worth, minimum. if i owned i couldnt bear to part for less

thanks for mentioning Elite, :cheers:

great memories and great days
God I miss the '80s!

i wish my mum had consulted me though before buying my forst pc. she got me an amstrad cpc 464, even an acorn would have done ;)
thats without the colour monitor, she got me the green one. only joking, she was a single mum and it was great she got me one

the commodore 64 was where it was at though and had to go to my mates for that. the rich kids from school had a bbc though. i remember being round a friends house, he was absolutely minted, his family, we were having a waterfight, we forgot we left a tap running in one of the 4 upstairs bathrooms, well this puppy flooded, plug was in, it overflowed and when we were downstairs on the bbc, the water came flooding through ceiling onto computer! we were like '****'!

luckily the family were so rich they genuinely thought was quite funny! and were pleased their kid had a good day with his friend. :eek:k:

when you get that time machine theo we'll have a game, after regging countless hundred generic coms ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
when you get that time machine theo we'll have a game, after regging countless hundred generic coms ;)

If I found that time machine, I'd let you know :D My first computer encounter was with a BBC micro sometime in 1982, I believe; then of course the ZX-81 and Spectrum. So you were an Alan Sugar inductee? :D The Commodore 64 was an easy machine to program on but I'm a Zilog guy :D Had several games published on Crash and SU. The first thing I'd do if I had a time machine, would be to register my "label" names from back then. They are all long taken.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol
yeah the zx81 was even known as 'the door stop' back then and ridiculed

i still find the atari incredible though, fond memeories, the lad i grew up with next door had one, great times, playing 'tennis' :smilewinkgrin:

first taste really was computers in 1984, first year at secondary. we had computer studies, one lesson a week. and free run on acorns and bbc's

i was always getting thrown out as the scottish teacher was a knob.

managed to do all sorts then though, we were hacking into each others and writing music programs etc
kids will be kids :smilewinkgrin:

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whoops! I seem to have stumbled into a nerds forum....sorry to disturb you, carry on.

jasdon exits to the sound of the door creeking behind him...

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the commodore 64 was where it was at though and had to go to my mates for that. the rich kids from school had a bbc though. i remember being round a friends house, he was absolutely minted, his family, we were having a waterfight, we forgot we left a tap running in one of the 4 upstairs bathrooms, well this puppy flooded, plug was in, it overflowed and when we were downstairs on the bbc, the water came flooding through ceiling onto computer! we were like '****'!

luckily the family were so rich they genuinely thought was quite funny! and were pleased their kid had a good day with his friend. :eek:k:

My parents got a c64 back in 85-86, they still have it today. When i go over there I play the games now and then, still fun. They also have an amiga somewhere too but its not hooked up.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whoops! I seem to have stumbled into a nerds forum....sorry to disturb you, carry on.

jasdon exits to the sound of the door creeking behind him...

yes, you found the right classroom jasdon. you are a fellow nerd ;)
here, you can have my chair, im off to shag the cheerleaders, one at a time, form an ordely queue girls :smilewinkgrin: :-#:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom