Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Deadbeat auctions on NameJet

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro,

I believe you are being over zealous in your pursuit by stating DNJ is posting incorrect information.

Post date – 1-18-09
I am sick and tired of bidders that win an auction, driving the price up and then they never pay. They essentially steal the domain from others.

I decided to list any NameJet usernames that correspond to unfinished sales, for auctions that I am aware of. Perhaps others can do the same. Here goes:

domain: flag.net
winner: msr
price: $8,900
date: 1/12/2009

domain: billboards.org
winner: tylerdurden
price: $1,445
date: 12/26/2008

Flag.net was posted in DNJ as sold – publication date - 1-20-09. Ownership changed on 1-15-09

Billboards.org was posted in DNJ as sold – publication date – 12-30-08. Ownership changed on 12-27-08.

Post date – 1-27-09
Both DNJournal and other blogs rush to announce such auctions as sales. Unfortunately, all of the ones listed above were not paid for.

WRONG !!!

Post date - 2-6-09

Here's another deadbeat guy:

domain: bon.org
winner: ryunglim7
price: $1,500
date: 1/25/2009

...and another one, a sale reported already on DNJournal has a deadbeat buyer as it's back on auction:

domain: keywest.net
winner: bigfish
price: $14,100
date: 1/23/2009

Bon.org was posted in DNJ as sold – publication date - 2-10-09. Ownership changed on 2-9-09.

Keywest.net has not been posted in DNJ as being sold.

2-13-09
doc, I have a list of the auctions that I participated, someone else won them and then they were repeated as that person didn't make payment. That's how I know, when I am included for a second round of auctions.

And guess what: keywest.net didn't get paid for the 2nd time now! It's back on auction for the 3rd time.

domain: keywest.net
winner: csm
price: $13,800
date: 2/9/2009

Keywest.net has not been posted in DNJ as being sold.

There are a number of payment defaults on Namejet.
But, Ron does not publish the sale unless ownership has changed.
Sometimes he might error but not like you are indicating above.

I believe you owe Ron an apology.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wow.

You have some nerve to question my statements about the NameJet auctions.

All these are auctions I participated at and a week later the domains were unpaid for and back into auction, that *by default* all previous participants enter.

Furthermore, you're quoting dates all over the place. I report the deadbeats as soon as the domain *re-enters* the auction and in this long-standing thread my report is as it happens.

Yes, I was wrong about keywest.net being reported as a sale on DNJournal and that's the only published sale I attributed to DNJournal by mistake.

Other than that, go find yourself a hobby because I don't like your attitude.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow.

You have some nerve to question my statements about the NameJet auctions.

All these are auctions I participated at and a week later the domains were unpaid for and back into auction, that *by default* all previous participants enter.

Furthermore, you're quoting dates all over the place. I report the deadbeats as soon as the domain *re-enters* the auction and in this long-standing thread my report is as it happens.

Yes, I was wrong about keywest.net being reported as a sale on DNJournal and that's the only published sale I attributed to DNJournal by mistake.

Other than that, go find yourself a hobby because I don't like your attitude.

I was also in all of those auctions.

Bon.org
Public Pre-Release $1,600 2/9/2009
Private Pre-Release $1,500 1/25/2009

Flag.net
Private Pre-Release $8,900 1/12/2009

Keywest.net
Public Pre-Release $13,800 2/9/2009
Private Pre-Release $14,100 1/23/2009

Billboards.org
Private Pre-Release $1,445 12/26/2008

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe you've taken this on a whole new twist.

I don't rely on DNJournal to report the second (and third) re-auctions of domains at NameJet.

Every time a domain is not paid for, it returns to the active (private) auctions. Not sure why you are talking about public - all re-auctions are private.

Asking me to apologize to Ron is really an act of uncouth chutzpah on your behalf. I already said I jumped the gun with keywest.net as a reported sale on DNJournal and if Ron needs something from me he will be in touch.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you've taken this on a whole new twist.

I don't rely on DNJournal to report the second (and third) re-auctions of domains at NameJet.

Every time a domain is not paid for, it returns to the active (private) auctions. Not sure why you are talking about public - all re-auctions are private.

Asking me to apologize to Ron is really an act of uncouth chutzpah on your behalf. I already said I jumped the gun with keywest.net as a reported sale on DNJournal and if Ron needs something from me he will be in touch.

NO, you are wrong.
When the initial person defaults it goes to public auction.

I have seen a few domains go thru 2 public auctions.

Ron does not report the sale until the actual registry/registrar ownership has changed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What is the difference, my friend? I am not listing *sales* here, I am listing deadbeat winners. My reports relate solely on the re-auctioning of these unpaid for domains.
When a domain goes back into bidding, with the top bidder removed, that's when I report it here. Get your facts straight for once.

Now, keep bringing up Ron if you must, but I think you're having a boring Saturday a.m. with nothing else to do.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every time a domain is not paid for, it returns to the active (private) auctions.
It goes to PUBLIC auction, that means the auctions opens for everyone not only those who backordered it. This and they keep old bids thats one of the biggest scam in the domain industry. Whenever this happens I am opening rude tickets there requiring to remove my bid immediately. They promise to remove the bid but still in scum way wait till the last moment for people willing to bump.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying that, Denny. That explains how the top 2, 3 or more bidders from the first auction eventually "leave" before its end. Regardless, it's a practice that should put in place some measures against shill bidding and fraud.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the difference, my friend? I am not listing *sales* here, I am listing deadbeat winners. My reports relate solely on the re-auctioning of these unpaid for domains.
When a domain goes back into bidding, with the top bidder removed, that's when I report it here. Get your facts straight for once.

Now, keep bringing up Ron if you must, but I think you're having a boring Saturday a.m. with nothing else to do.

You twice accused Ron of incorrectly publishing a sale when you thought it hadn't changed ownership.

You were defaming his sales report.
When Ron publishes a sales transaction, it was checked for ownership transfer.

Whereas, when Mike Berkins, DomainNameNews and others post a weekly sales recap, I assume they didn't check for change in ownership.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
actnow, take your trolling elsewhere. I know Ron since 2002, the last thing I'd do is "defame" him. I made one mistake with keywest.net. Now piss off before I really get upset.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another deadbeat bidder
Before
damagedhair.com
tenk $1,900 Feb. 10, 2009 12:22 PM PT
taryn $1,800 Feb. 10, 2009 12:18 PM PT
demand $1,500 Feb. 10, 2009 10:53 AM PT

Now in public auciton (anyone can enter)
hiphop $1,900 Feb. 18, 2009 5:41 AM PT
taryn $1,600 Feb. 18, 2009 5:41 AM PT

I think now hiphop is legitimate, what was the intention of TENK - hard to say, might be previous owner angry. There was some auction where this trick brought Namejet 100K for domain not worth even 10K, do not remember the domain but it was obvious that someone really interested and someone was bumping him, first time bumped too much (101K or so) and won and did not paid, second time same person came under different nick (but was obvious is same) and bumped this time to 100K which the serious bidder won.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
damagedhair.com
tenk $1,900 Feb. 10, 2009 12:22 PM PT
taryn $1,800 Feb. 10, 2009 12:18 PM PT

Now in public auciton (anyone can enter)

Quote:
hiphop $1,900 Feb. 18, 2009 5:41 AM PT
taryn $1,600 Feb. 18, 2009 5:41 AM PT

Oh look it's Frank Schilling with another ID. Wonder if that was the reason he is getting bumped lol

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh look it's Frank Schilling with another ID.
Huh ? Taryn is Frank but not hiphop and I think hiphop is legitimate. Frank does not bid that crazy anymore nowadays, he does not win everything. Or rather maybe, he bids same, but the final prices on Lamejet tend to be on much higher level than say on Snapnames

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assumed if he ends up second someone knows it is him most times and pushes it, sometimes getting stuck with it lol

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assumed if he ends up second someone knows it is him most times and pushes it, sometimes getting stuck with it lol
That's possible, actually probable

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks for the contributions Denny.

Another deadbeat bidder at NameJet for today (back in auction):

domain: hms.net
winner: rivero
price: $1,500
date: 1/20/2009

Also, keywest.net appears to have gone BACK to auction for the 3rd time!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another unpaid domain goes back to auction:

domain: tvstation.com
winner: underdawg
price: $6,300
date: 1/16/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom