Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Death knell for mobile web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As you dream to sell your .info for big bucks, ill be doing business elsewhere. what you say will never change. You have already decided who you are and what you will be and what you will do and how you believe. you are not ready for change. you are stuck in the past.

good luck... you are gonna need it.:eek:k:

Dot info will undoubtedly continue to gain traction, but lets face it, it has taken Five Years to go nowhere! It is never going to explode to superstar status. If you think so then perhaps all those also ran wannabee popstars from the 1990s also have a chance.

No, I am not stuck in the past my friend. My domains are now 100% IDN. Real keywords in real languages that are now gaining the browser support that is need for big companies to spend big budget advertising. This is tentatively starting to happen. This will explode after June when ICANN finally start approving IDN TLDs to go into the root. There will be a landrush, but the rush for the gold standard happened a while back. Sorry, for all of those of you who could not get their heads around the fact that names outside the US would be in scripts that people could understand without having study English as a foreign language, but the truth is that fortunes are made by those that can make these tiny intellectual jumps, whilst others simply play the ME TOO game and piss their hard cash down the pan.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm only using my N82 (nearly the same as N95) for internet if there is something VERY important. Otherwise i hate it (small screen, small buttons, headache!). For everything else i'm taking my laptop with me.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, we are all in the same biz. more support and info is beneficial. We all aim for the same. We seem to have the exact same goal, but different methods and ways to get there, but we will all see each other to the goal. I appreciate everyones input and advice as i hope you (even rubberducky) have appreciated my advice. Lets aim for the best for each other.

okay?

:eek:k:

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Real Keywords in real language lol , have you even asked the people who speak that language if they will go and type that in the browser and if they know how to type it in there browser , IDN's are dropping like Flies and will never work in the next 15 years

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Real Keywords in real language lol , have you even asked the people who speak that language if they will go and type that in the browser and if they know how to type it in there browser , IDN's are dropping like Flies and will never work in the next 15 years

do u mean urdu? i personally do not invest in idns where english is the business or internet language. it doesn't make any sense.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do u mean urdu, i personally do not invest in idns where english is the business or internet language.

Yes i mean internet is getting more of a international language there is no need for IDN;s now , if someone only can read in there own local language he probably cant even use the internet if he cant read English, so no point investing in IDN's :lol:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i knew this would have nothing to do with the mobile web and was just another idn promotion thread lol
thanks, but no thanks ;)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i knew this would have nothing to do with the mobile web and was just another idn promotion thread lol
thanks, but no thanks ;)

No, it not an IDN promotion thread. The post before started making assumption about what I was personally invested in, which was totally wide of the mark, so I just put the record straight. In any democratic debate a right of reply is an accepted norm. Dude.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it not an IDN promotion thread. The post before started making assumption about what I was personally invested in, which was totally wide of the mark, so I just put the record straight. In any democratic debate a right of reply is an accepted norm. Dude.

your second post was asking mobile designer if he had the 'local script names'. so the stage was set.
so it's clear to me why you posted the thread, and why you ever post a thread. ...idn's. lol
i read the whole thread before posting. not one post. dude

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes i mean internet is getting more of a international language there is no need for IDN;s now , if someone only can read in there own local language he probably cant even use the internet if he cant read English, so no point investing in IDN's :lol:

I think you're referring to South Asia, which includes Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. English is the key business language in that region.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you're referring to South Asia, which includes Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. English is the key business language in that region.

Is it? If you actually count up all financial transaction done in the area by the language by language of negotiating language, I would expect English to come a long way last!

your second post was asking mobile designer if he had the 'local script names'. so the stage was set.
so it's clear to me why you posted the thread, and why you ever post a thread. ...idn's. lol
i read the whole thread before posting. not one post. dude

This is ridiculous. The only issue here is why you are so Xenophobic!

And that is even more ridiculous! Totally brainless remark in just about anyone's book!

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh Yea 2 people are talking business
Hey I wanna buy a book ,
Yea i have it you can buy from my website.
just go to x--5a4sdas6da4s6d5.com in your local languge and buy from there ,
or visit boooks.mobi from your cellphone right now and buy it :)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh Yea 2 people are talking business

Look, you won't kid me on the competence or otherwise of people from the Sub-Continent with regards to English. I live in Bradford. If they cannot speak it over here, I am damned sure that they cannot all speak it over there!

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look, you won't kid me on the competence or otherwise of people from the Sub-Continent with regards to English. I live in Bradford. If they cannot speak it over here, I am damned sure that they cannot all speak it over there!

so you are saying you are much btter than the people in the sub continet , because of where they live and there race ?

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Revolution of "Brick" to iPhone = 7 years

Some things have no hope :)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the unedited version from Ehsan:

"Oh so finally its come to races , should have known, Yea i imagine a huffed up bald guy sitting outside his caravan smoking pot with his bulldog pissing lol , Rubbery is that you ? :?: Yea Its me I CAN SPEAK ENGLISH just talking in IDN Language with my DAWGG :cheesy:"

No Ehsan, it has nothing to do with race. Bradford Council reproduce every single public notice and information pamphlet in Urdu. For many post being able to speak Urdu is a pre-requisite. This has been done after long campaigning by the local Asian communities. If they do not need it, you should write to Bradford and explain to them that it not really necessary and that they should save themselves a fortune and that they are victims of one of the biggest practical jokes in history.

No Ehsan this is not about Race. It is about the Truth, which is something that seems to escape you.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes nice to post the unedited version first i was gona post that but i thought i shouldn't answer you like you answered me , yes languuge offline in the real world is necessary and it would be good if you bought advertising in local language in the real world and in print but it doesn't really work online thats the point i am trying to make ,

Revolution of "Brick" to iPhone = 7 years

Some things have no hope :)

i hate iPhone just a hype :)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck always finds some way to bring IDNs into the conversation... me thinks he should stick to commenting on what he knows best.... IDN. :)

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck always finds some way to bring IDNs into the conversation... me thinks he should stick to commenting on what he knows best.... IDN. :)

cant say any better than this , i will keep my mouth shut in this thread now :approve:

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes nice to post the unedited version first i was gona post that but i thought i shouldn't answer you like you answered me , yes languuge offline in the real world is necessary and it would be good if you bought advertising in local language in the real world and in print but it doesn't really work online thats the point i am trying to make ,

Nobody is arguing that there are not issues with making this work, but things are moving forward, and the evidence from elsewhere is that this will happen in Pakistan pretty soon.

When I first started looking into IDN Urdu wasn't even on the horizon. For Chinese most of the sites were still in Pin Yin. Now over 99% of Chinese sites are in Chinese Unicode characters. Many many sites in Chinese are only in IDN although they are still hampered with the slow uptake of IDN enabled browsers. This won't get into full swing until IE6 is dead in the water, but seeing Paypal are now talking out black listing obsolete browser including IE6, that day cannot be so far off.

India has been much more proactive than Pakistan in bringing local scripts, but Urdu is a very big language in India. It is now possible to register Urdu domains under dot IN I believe, it is certainly possible under dot Com. There are numerous Urdu sites. It is possible to SMS in local languages, as well as create web-pages. Yes, I would agree that most of the Indian web is still in English, but it is widely recognised that expansion of the Internet in India is dependent on localisation of the Internet including the URLs. This move is not only being backed strongly by the Indian Government, but also by all the Multinationals that are active in India, including Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Nokia and many many more.

The related technology will undoubtedly spill over into Pakistan. Don't forget that most of the Urdu speakers will be fellow Muslims, so there is really no cultural barrier here.

It is fundamentally incomprehensible how anyone that promotes the use of local scripts as I have done could be fundamentally racist. By contrast you are subscribing to colonialist attitudes that meant everyone was expected to communicate in the tongue of the colonial master. I am not saying that there is not a place for English. There is. However, people will chose to browse the Internet in the language that they use socially or in the home. They should be given the facility and opportunity to do so. And it will happen.

If you choice to squander the undoubted advantages you have to capitalise on this transformation. Don't come crying to me. I am trying to present you with an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom