Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

did not receive expiration reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've receive all domain expiry notification from enom, directi, godaddy, dotster but NOT from moniker.

I am d*mn angry. Lost one 3-digit domain... partly my fault because i rely on expiration reminder email.

I logged in today and realize another is going to expire in 1 day and i totally have no idea.

When i do a whois of the 3-digit domain, i am shock that it is now others.
I thought moniker is one of the better registrar that i could put my trust in them.

Fortunately i've realized it sooner before all my domains there expired away with no notification.

I will not consider their escrow service anymore in the future and transferring all domain in moniker away.

Just my luck! :veryangry:

Domain Days 2024

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm... With Moniker you should get a weekly report about expiring domains, showing which domains or services are expiring within 7 days, 35 days, and 75 days... At least I get those for my domains.
It shows all domains and services that expire within that time frame, and whether auto renew is set or not.
But if it's domains you really want, you should have them set at auto renew, no matter which registrar you use.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i did not receive any.
else i will not be ranting here.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the amount of spam these days and the countermeasures, E-mail is not as reliable as it used to be. Maybe the reminders were sent but didn't make it to your inbox.
But you MUST keep your list of names + expiry date and not rely on reminders. That's how names are lost.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can always try giving them a call. Maybe you can get it back and have to pay a redemption fee.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But you MUST keep your list of names + expiry date and not rely on reminders. That's how names are lost.

yeah.. i know partly is my fault for not keeping track of myself.
there was twice i ever tried to transfer domain out from moniker, didnt receive the auth code, have to keep email them to get it.
at least now i know i cant rely on moniker.

too many domains spread over various registrars kinda hard to keep track.
i've been trying to consolidating most within enom, directi and dotster.
i've been reliably notify by them for the past years.

You can always try giving them a call. Maybe you can get it back and have to pay a redemption fee.

Cant. domain already being caught by another person on 31st March.

Thanks for those who PM me suggestions on how to track and listening to my rant.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Cant. domain already being caught by another person on 31st March.

you can try ?? like at godaddy you can still get your domain back up to one week after its been sold at tdnam :rolleyes:

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there was twice i ever tried to transfer domain out from moniker, didnt receive the auth code, have to keep email them to get it.

It rather sounds as if emails from moniker are filtered as spam somewhere, (by your host, by your email client, whatever) if you often don't receive emails from them.
Make sure you have them whitelisted everywhere.
I use a separate host for my registrar contact email accounts, with NO spam filtering at all, neither on the host side or client side, to avoid missing notifications like that.
(The whois contacts are another thing, there almost everything is spam, and has to be filtered. This is for the account notifications, for which I use a separate email address, in most cases.)

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is best to consolidate all your names at one registrar to enable you to keep better track of them all and then login every day and look at your reports on expiring names. I work on doing that all the time and it takes forever to do but well worth the time. I am nearly done with the consolidation which I have been working on for ages. To avoid future hassle I usually ask seller to approve a transfer when buying names instead of a much faster and easier push.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It rather sounds as if emails from moniker are filtered as spam somewhere, (by your host, by your email client, whatever) if you often don't receive emails from them.
Make sure you have them whitelisted everywhere.

i suspect it could be possible although i've already whitelisted them long ago...., 1 yr plus ago i did ever receive some expiry notification from them..., yesterday i did receive transfer out auth code...

I use a separate host for my registrar contact email accounts, with NO spam filtering at all, neither on the host side or client side, to avoid missing notifications like that.
(The whois contacts are another thing, there almost everything is spam, and has to be filtered. This is for the account notifications, for which I use a separate email address, in most cases.)

This is a very nice suggestion!

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received my ..Weekly Report of Expiring Domains.. yesterday for the first time in months...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It makes no sense...the domain expires in 1 day from your post and you say it's already someone else's?

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I logged in today and realize another is going to expire in 1 day and i totally have no idea.

I think he meant a different one ;)

yup. the expired one already caught by other.
another one that almost expire in 1 day, fortunately i saw it, renewed and quickly transfer away.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker keeps your domains under the Expired portion of your account and then moves them to the Deleting area. I have names I am letting drop that usually stay in there for over 30 days after they expire and still I have the opportunity to renew them.

Unless, Moniker took it from your account and put it in theirs after it expired.

I received my ..Weekly Report of Expiring Domains.. yesterday for the first time in months...

That is strange. I get them weekly. Did you happen to change your email recently?

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been getting their Weekly Report of Expiring Domains ?? Maybe I got 1 or 2 in the past few months

jim

elieli

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't get them either.
it stopped about 3 months ago.

I submitted a ticket with high priority and didn't get an answer.
after 2 week I submitted another ticket, asking for an update,
and they said that the problem was solved.
but it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom