Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DNFaces.com Neo-Nazi Flag Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Gregr

Hi Greg

If you also control DNFaces.com, you might want to contact brn2h8 and ask him to post another picture of himself. His current picture has himself in front of a large and prominently display "celtic cross" flag, which is strongly associated with neo-nazis. For more information on this particular type of flag, look here:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/naz_symb.html

I believe in freedom of speech, but I think something like this steps very far over the line, and seriously undermines the integrity and professionalism of an online business forum.

Miles

Upvote 0

Originally posted by gregr
I don't have anything to do with DNFaces.com. Did you check whois?

DNFaces.com is clearly, from a branding perspective, associated with DNForum.com. I suggest it would be in the best interests of both yourself and the members of this forum if you contacted both Mr. Bennett and Mr. Myre to change this unfortunate situation.

Miles

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namethink

DNFaces.com is clearly, from a branding perspective, associated with DNForum.com. I suggest it would be in the best interests of both yourself and the members of this forum if you contacted both Mr. Bennett and Mr. Myre to change this unfortunate situation.

Miles

DNForum.com is not associated with DNFaces.com from any perspective.

DNForum.com is not associated with DNFaces.com from any perspective.

Members from this site post pictures of their "faces" on that site. One is called DNForum.com; the other DNFaces.com.

Regardless of who owns the "faces" domain name and site, there is a very clear association between the two sites and brands. If you chose to take legal action against DNFaces.com (in the case that there wasn't a willingness to make appropriate changes), you would very likely succeed.

But even if you didn't want to take things that far, I'd be suprised if you didn't at least communicate to the owner of that site, and to the DNF member who posted that picture, a request to take it down. Surely you would want to protest the posting of such an offensive picture by one of this forum's members on a site that has a very clear connection to the DNForum.com membership?

Miles

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The internet has many flavors and colors...people should be allowed to represent themselves as they see fit.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Members from this site post pictures of their "faces" on that site. One is called DNForum.com; the other DNFaces.com.

Regardless of who owns the "faces" domain name and site, there is a very clear association between the two sites and brands. If you chose to take legal action against DNFaces.com (in the case that there wasn't a willingness to make appropriate changes), you would very likely succeed.

But even if you didn't want to take things that far, I'd be suprised if you didn't at least communicate to the owner of that site, and to the DNF member who posted that picture, a request to take it down. Surely you would want to protest the posting of such an offensive picture by one of this forum's members on a site that has a very clear connection to the DNForum.com membership?

Miles

You should be voicing your concerns to Bennoart (owner and the person that controls DNFAces.com). Have you done this? What response did you get? DNForum.com is no more associated with DNFaces.com than Afternic.com was associated with ANFaces.com, which BTW, recently dropped. Why did you chose to post here rather than contact Bennoart?

It is beyond me why a select few want to tear this place down.

You should be voicing your concerns to Bennoart (owner and the person that controls DNFAces.com). Have you done this? What response did you get? DNForum.com is no more associated with DNFaces.com than Afternic.com was associated with SNFaces.com, which BTW, recently dropped. Why did you chose to post here rather than contact Bennoart?

It is beyond me why a select few want to tear this place down.

I am saddened to hear that the owner of this forum is unwilling to take any responsibility or initiative whatsoever for this tremendously offensive situation.

I cannot be associated with a site and community which would condone a member posting a picture of themselves beside a prominently displayed neo-nazi flag on a site that is clearly designed to be part of the community, with a very loud and crystal-clear branding connection to the community site.

That you, Greg, are unwilling to even attempt to do something about this makes me seriously doubt your personal and professional ethics.

I will not make any further posts to this site. However, unlike DNPowerful, I request that you do not delete my membership, because I want this statement to remain on record here, to show why I refuse to post at DNForum.com, which was once a good domain name website.

Anyone who wishes to discuss domains with me can find me at ***********.com.

Miles

That wasn't an edit.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is evident by your lack of posts since I bought DNForum.com that your decision was made before you discovered an offensive picture on DNFaces.com. You, like one other, chose to be a Drama Queen.

M

mole

Nobody wants to tear the place down, greg sheesh. Many of the members here built this place up to what it is today before you even knew it existed and hate to see all their contributions die. Comparatively, you're just in for the surf sorry.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The most valuable asset in this business is networking. Like in every business, the contacts you make and relationships you nurture can make or break you. I haven't seen the owners of either of the two forums ask anyone to make a choice. They can co-exist and we all can benefit from each other. I have good friends in both forums and owe my success in part to the owners of both forums. We all make a stronger front by being united.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
can't we all just get along?

:)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I will not make any further posts to this site. However, unlike DNPowerful, I request that you do not delete my membership, because I want this statement to remain on record here, to show why I refuse to post at DNForum.com, which was once a good domain name website.

Everyone knows that you can be a leech on a forum. dnpowerful has been on this site more since he announced his departure than ever before. I was a leech on an Audio/Video forum when I was building a home theater. I read a bunch of posts but I never contributed. I felt a little bad about it, but , what the hey.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some more ramblings:

Namethink, you've done more to promote that stupid flag than the guy in the picture ever could have. You started threads on at least 2 forums. In this one, you put a link to the history of the flag. When all you had to do was send a private email to Bennoart. Problem solved. No promotion. No drama.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greg took the words right out of my mouth!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, the logos on the sites look similar...

ok, some folks find some symbols offensive and others do not and a judgment call needs to be made

but if I were Greg, I would greatly appreciate a private message suggesting that I check it out instead of a public thingy

best wishes to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators