Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DNFaces.com Neo-Nazi Flag Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Gregr

Hi Greg

If you also control DNFaces.com, you might want to contact brn2h8 and ask him to post another picture of himself. His current picture has himself in front of a large and prominently display "celtic cross" flag, which is strongly associated with neo-nazis. For more information on this particular type of flag, look here:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/naz_symb.html

I believe in freedom of speech, but I think something like this steps very far over the line, and seriously undermines the integrity and professionalism of an online business forum.

Miles

Upvote 0

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domebase,

If the true motive was to alert Greg, with Gregs best interest in mind, it would have been done privately. Makes you wonder, huh?

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
The internet has many flavors and colors...people should be allowed to represent themselves as they see fit.

:weird:

You cannot be serious. :eek: You condone "Brn2H8's" ("Born To Hate's") picture? The owner of DnFaces.com has the right to remove pictures that contain or express vile hate.

As for Miles, get a dress. You're being a drama mama. :D j/k :laugh:

Greg doesn't run the site. He isn't condoning the flag. The real person you should be pestering is Whois-Search.com (whom I PMed last night privately). He should ask that his "Sponsored by Whois-Search" banner shouldn't be on a page that contains a nazi flag.

If the true motive was to alert Greg, with Gregs best interest in mind, it would have been done privately. Makes you wonder, huh?

No kidding. Doesn't Miles realize everyone can see through this crap?

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.

:weird:

You cannot be serious. :eek: You condone "Brn2H8's" ("Born To Hate's") picture? The owner of DnFaces.com has the right to remove pictures that contain or express vile hate.

I don't condone it a single bit...should have said, this guy has the right to show himself as a moron..sort of like freedom of speech, I may not like what you say, but will fight to the end for your right to say it.

S

Silverwire

gregr and Namethink, you are both right and you are both wrong. You both have good points but have failed to communicate to each other in either a thoughtful, or constructive manner.

• Namethink is right that if the picture is offensive, he has a right to ask for it's removal.
  • Namethink, however, did not do his homework about the control of DNFaces.com, and did not appropriately address his gievance to the correct party.
  • It would be appropriate for Namethink to notify gregr of an issue that may affect his brand, if DNFaces.com failed to resolve the issue, after first trying DNFaces.com.
  • While it may not be gregr's responsibility, it is in his interest to either attempt to intervene or to at least be sensitive to the issue.

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Excellent calm, collected post. Every one agrees on all points.

Though...
Originally posted by Silverwire
Namethink, however, did not do his homework about the control of DNFaces.com,
He knew quite well Greg doesn't own or condone anything on dnfaces.

Essentially, Miles saw an opportunity to pull "a DnP" on us. :laugh:

Greg sees this and laughs it off... causing Miles to paint Greg antisemitic and herald "the sad end of a good forum."

Kudos to Greg.

S

Silverwire

Domebase,

I think the true motive was to correct the problem, I don't know Namethink from other posts, but to me it seemed as he was just incensed at the image and reacted in the most convenient way at the moment of his rage. I'm no expert on neo-nazi flags, but if that's what it is, I think Whois-Search should remove it, gregr has no responsibility, but that it's appropriate for him to take a stand against it.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silverwire

I think the true motive was to correct the problem, I don't know Namethink from other posts, but to me it seemed as he was just incensed at the image and reacted in the most convenient way at the moment of his rage. I'm no expert on neo-nazi flags, but if that's what it is, I think Whois-Search should remove it, gregr has no responsibility, but that it's appropriate for him to take a stand against it.

I'm sorry Silverwire, but you're being naive if you don't think Namethink had a hidden agenda that was hidden very poorly. His moment of rage carried over at least 1/2 a day (don't feel like calculating hours) after he posted on DS.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have never even known what the flag stood for--if it had not been pointed out. Maybe somebody could just ask brn2h8 if he would mind posting a different picture--if it's really offending people.

Either way--it's not Greg's site.

I can tell you that Greg is certainly not racist in any way. He hates everybody equally. ;)

M

mole

Originally posted by O.C.
Excellent calm, collected post. Every one agrees on all points.

Though...
He knew quite well Greg doesn't own or condone anything on dnfaces.

Essentially, Miles saw an opportunity to pull "a DnP" on us. :laugh:

Greg sees this and laughs it off... causing Miles to paint Greg antisemitic and herald "the sad end of a good forum."

Kudos to Greg.

Sounds like WWF to me...! :D

M

mole

Originally posted by gregr
Keep those girls dancing Mole. :D

Don't know where you get the energy to gyrate the way you do, but the girls sure are dang tired!

S

Silverwire

Originally posted by gregr

I'm sorry Silverwire, but you're being naive if you don't think Namethink had a hidden agenda that was hidden very poorly. His moment of rage carried over at least 1/2 a day (don't feel like calculating hours) after he posted on DS.
I don't know Namethink from chat or prior threads, so I can't speak to a possible hidden agenda. I also don't know what "DnP pulled", so I don't know what that reference means and if it is relevant. And sorry if I missed something, but what is "DS"?

What I can tell you for sure is that I don't have a hidden agenda, I'll spell it out for you:

1. As the son of a Polish born Jew who lost almost all of his family and friends in WWII, I understand the passion that can be stirred by the display of a neo-nazi flag. I had a pair of nunchucks confiscated from me by the police when I was 16 and I showed up at a nazi rally in Skokie, the town I grew up in. I take the symbol of someone who would have me dead because of what I was born extremely seriously.
  2. I am also in the process of developing a "faces" site (not specifically for members of this forum) and would absolutely remove offensive posts (already written into "Terms of Use") and would respond to a request of a website of that my "faces" member belongs to.
    [/list=1]

So, once again, Namethink may not have handled it the right way, but it looked to me that you, gregr, could have handled it better.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Silver & Namethink--please read the following 2 sentences S L O W L Y & think about it.

Greg does not own or control the site you are talking about.

That other site was: started by--is owned by--and is operated by--someone else

What part of that do you not understand? It's been pointed out over and over.

The initial complaint was made in the wrong way--to the wrong person. Since then--Greg has been very patient--even though he has nothing to do with it. Enough is enough. This has gone on too long.

Please guys--stop blaming Greg and DNForum for something that is beyond his control. You are putting him in a no win situation--and that's not fair. Greg cares about this community and every member in it. He is working his ass off (and so are we--the mods) to make it a friendly place for everyone.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Silverwire,

If I could build a time machine, I would go back in time and kill Adolph Hitler. Knowing what I know today, I could do this with a clear conscience.

Until this morning, I had no clue as to any meaning behind that flag. The only web sites that I can control the content on are the ones that I own. I can not and I will not police the internet. If you feel you must police the internet, do so, but don't belittle me for not joining the police force.

Greg Ricks

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sorry guys but I'm going to close this thread. This thread has been too much of a drain on me. If anyone has someting more that they would like to tell me, please PM me.

Thanks,

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators