Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNforum.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mizzoula, it's a long boring story. It was sugg'd to Dan long before I ever reg'd it. He choose not to reg. it. I then later decided to reg. it. When texas native Gregr became new dnforum owner, I offered it to him through email. He didn't seem interested either. Bottom line is a) I have "given" away more domain names then I have ever sold b) i'll give it to gregr if he wants it.

moving along...now.. next topic... "-)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gee - I noticed somebody registered DNForum.us also.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, when the bid start ?

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Gregr would publically state that he'de like the name, then it goes to him, freebie.. if he does not want the name, then I'm asking $35. (Jeff is the first one who's pm'd an interest)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
If Gregr would publically state that he'de like the name, then it goes to him, freebie.. if he does not want the name, then I'm asking $35. (Jeff is the first one who's pm'd an interest)

You told me $70. If someone is willing to pay $35, go for it.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Gregr would publically state that he'de like the name, then it goes to him, freebie..

That seems kinda ego twisted to me. I'm not sure if 'ego twisted' is an accepted phrase - but it sounds right.

What's with the 'publically state' stuff? And why did you try and charge him for it? - if you are such an Angel?

Hey - this biz is about money no doubt - but I thought this was not biz?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, things are not only bigger in Texas, but more confusing too.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com

That seems kinda ego twisted to me. I'm not sure if 'ego twisted' is an accepted phrase - but it sounds right.

What's with the 'publically state' stuff? And why did you try and charge him for it? - if you are such an Angel?

Hey - this biz is about money no doubt - but I thought this was not biz?

before i rejoined the dnforum, i offered the name to gregr for $70.. (fair asking price) he had no interest.. and even when i tried to give it too him.. he had no interest.. so not sure why you are attacking my 'ego' namepopper.. not so.. just not so..

and by all means, an asking price of $35 from a party who would be "interested" is certainly a fair asking price.. don't ya think?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

and even when i tried to give it too him.. he had no interest..

I didn't know about the public request requirement. :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One has to wonder - why would another party own the .NET version of a well established .COM site in the first place - if not for either profit or spite.

So I'm only saying that your intentions are obviously not as pure as the driven snow - or the name would have been forwarded to Greg 5 minutes after you made the original offer.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just making a few obvious comments. This is my last one.

The complicated thing is - the reason the name was purchased apparently goes back to the old owner and crew.
Let me just remind you - that there is now a different owner and crew. Bottom line.

Have a nice evening. :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strange that a "public" request of gregr must be made...as if to show, you have a domain he really wants.....

I think a closed doors request should suffice... I'm sure he doesn't want it anyway, but in my opinion, he should get it if anyone, and most likely would take it if offered...No need to make him ask publicly...

Just my opinion.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

I didn't know about the public request requirement. :)
public interest is not required.. but we've exchanged e-me on this topic gregr.. you showed no interest... (an email would be nice)

i just don't enjoy public crucification, when the dn.net name was purchased long before you bought the site/name.. and when i learned of your ownership it was offered too you.. you still had no interest.

and all you folks who wish to run down someone for reg'ing a .net name, when the .com is a live site.. step forward.. we've all done it..

come on... loosen up your ties.. or take them off entirely, and let's not make the filly out to be what she is NOT.. which is what happened in the past.. prior to texas ownership of dnforum..

we're playing a "Simple Parlor Game" here..

can't we all just enjoy.....

if it would make all happy, i'll let the name drop.. and you can all scramble for it.. i don't give a rat's ass.. i don't plan to build on the name..
i sugg'd the name to prev' owner DAN da MAN.. (and he's aware) he also showed no interest.
so.. can anyone rightfully tell me, of any RULE I have evaded.. or anything I've REALLY done wrong..

tell me? I'm all ears.......

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you let it drop, someone will pick it up. certainly.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly ...i sugg'd the name to prev' owner DAN da MAN.. (and he's aware) he also showed no interest. so.. can anyone rightfully tell me, of any RULE I have evaded.. or anything I've REALLY done wrong.. tell me? I'm all ears.......

It was not widely known that the prior owner Dan was an inexperienced 17 yr-old high school Boy (not a Man as you said), with no money who said he wanted some money to buy a good used car :laugh: This site on that server went down a few times due to a delinquent hosting acct (it was said at the time) by the old server owner in a posting here.

That's how myself and others including the 3 old Mod's knew the site could be purchased (and for a low price), and why that old buyers war broke out, eventually won by Gregr. Dan had no money to buy dnforum.net even if he wanted to buy it.

Perhaps you should offer it for the true reg fee you paid for it, which I am sure was not $70 or even $35., right? (did you really use NetSol to reg it?),

P.S. Without me Dan would have even been more broke as I ended up giving him shall we say a 'contribution' for a banner ad which he suddenly stopped running in mid-campaign and with no good reason given! I never did recoup that 'contribution' to Dan's used car or hosting bill. :cry:

Happy New Year to all and success on the Web in 2003!

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...zzz...oh...uh...sorry, must have dozed off....what were you guy's talking about again?

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thread seems to be a pimple on the sales forum - and I'm going to pop it.

Moving thread to the Lounge now. Thank you. :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnforum.bz is available. Maybe gregr will retire in Belize and want the name.

:)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow - a good old fashioned pissing contest, in Texas no less!

It's great to be an American.

I have a solution that should make everyone happy.

Gregr: Please state publicly that you have no objection to a free webmail site being created on the domain, which seems kind of obvious because you don't seem to care about the domain

mastmnds: Please state publicly your intention to start a free webmail service using the domain if only there was some way to get your hands on it

TexasFilly: Out of the goodness of your Texan heart, give the name to mastmnds to do this good deed

Everyone else: Let's show our appreciation to TexasFilly and mastmnds for making this service possible, with Gregr's consent, and throw some dnbucks their way.

Glad I could be of service. I'm off to the Mideast now to help them with their little misunderstanding :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom