Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNforum.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GIVING the name to gregr without and big todo about it would be a 'Classy Move". That said...don't expect it to happen guys!

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
GIVING the name to gregr without and big todo about it would be a 'Classy Move". That said...don't expect it to happen guys!
I tried that.. didn't work.. no interest or positive feedback..

why would anyone 'with class' give something of value to someone who don't want it? don't need it? and expresses no appreciation or interest.. that would make me a "dumbass" which I am not.

I love this forum site it's a great place to exchange and network..

As previously stated..

I've given away more domain names then I've ever sold.. and they were all under the table gifts too those network pals who deserved them, and appreciated them.

It would be a "ClassMove" for you to retract your finger pointing statement. (as I retracted my statement about the public interest i hoped to see from gregr.. i then retreated to a private email or pm.. still no reply) so why would i give up the $10 investment to someone who doesn't want it? And that is no negative reflection on gregr.. at all.. just laying all the cards on the table..

Tomorrow begin's a new year.. let's delete this thread entirely, as 'no harm' was ever intended from it's post.

I have had 3 interested members contact me. Yes the price is $35. But this is also a 'sales forum'... RIGHT??
so should we see just how high the name bids can go?

:confused:

can't we have a little 'fun' here on the board? :D

Mizzoula

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't get into spats because it is not worth the time, but when it is directed either indirectly or directly toward me, then I am inclined to respond.

Originally posted by frontrowmktg
Everyone else: Let's show our appreciation to TexasFilly and mastmnds for making this service possible, with Gregr's consent, and throw some dnbucks their way.

That's total horseshit. I don't have to appreciate anybody...much less give them dnbucks for doing something I was not affiliated with nor think highly of the circumstance.

Originally posted by TexasFilly
...why would anyone 'with class' give something of value to someone who don't want it? don't need it? and expresses no appreciation or interest.. that would make me a "dumbass" which I am not.

Essentially, you are implying you undertook this whole charade to gain attention or to gain the appreciation of Greg. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out. If the man didn't want the domain in the first place, you shouldn't have brought it up in the For Sale section by pointing the fellow out as him not desiring the name so now it would be put up for sale. Not only is this not professionally ethical, it is doubly unprofessional to offer the name of a well-known domain or product on the premises of the owner or business. This is commonly known as "holding something over somebody's head" or likewise "blackmailing" to gain a profit. So, I recommend in future dealings, recognize who is pointing the finger and learn a little business ethics. I do not have to sit here and intake this and then be told to appreciate you or find that you expect others to appreciate you. Total hogwash, and I think some professionalism is in order.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mizzoula
I don't get into spats because it is not worth the time, but when it is directed either indirectly or directly toward me, then I am inclined to respond.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's total horseshit. I don't have to appreciate anybody...much less give them dnbucks for doing something I was not affiliated with nor think highly of the circumstance.

temper, temper. obviously, if you have no interest in utilizing the services being discussed, then this would not apply to you. move along please. have a nice day.

it just so happens that I have no interest in it either, but I actually attempted to offer some advice that could be construed as constructive. I'm sorry if that somehow offended you. I will restrain myself from trying to be helpful in the future to avoiding possibly upsetting you - it is obviously easy to do.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just think it takes some nerve to try to sell that here.

Its kinda like sitting at a table at McDonalds, and selling hamburgers from another McDonalds....

Something like that....anyway... If you are goung to sell it, try another venue.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

Its kinda like sitting at a table at McDonalds, and selling hamburgers from another McDonalds....

Something like that....anyway... If you are goung to sell it, try another venue.

I agree with doberry.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
Tomorrow begin's a new year.. let's delete this thread entirely, as 'no harm' was ever intended from it's post.

I agree, no harm was done--No need to delete the thread. Also I don't see the harm in someone trying to sell DNForum.net on DNForum.com. They are two entirely different names IMHO. The days of "having" to get every iteration of your domain in every TLD is over. Those that try to do so are either going to go broke or be driven to the funny farm :laugh: If you feel GregR should have DNForum.net, why not have him try to get DNForum.nu, DNForum.su (whilst there is time) or the "just released" DNForum.com.cn???

He obviously understands people in this industry know where to go to get to DNForum. If someone were to set up a mimic site using the DNForum.net name I say more power to them. If they want to pay for the type of bandwidth costs this site has, by all means... Forums by nature are costly to maintain. It's either not enough visitors and a waste of your time, or too much and well it's either break even or go in the hole each month.

So lighten up on Texas Filly. To his credit GregR said he doesn't want the name and Texas Filly is free to do with it as she deems fit. Obviously if GregR isn't going be worried about a ".net" version of his site being out there why should you???

Peace, love and all is war!

izopod

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We're like the Marines here. We break you down until you're lower than dirt and then we build you up into a great DNForum.com soldier. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
We're like the Marines here. We break you down until you're lower than dirt and then we build you up into a great DNForum.com soldier. :)

Semper Fi!

linkdomain

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

good point DB ;)

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys...I have to agree with Filly...why should she have to sell it somewhere else? We are all adults here and I'm sure if Greg wanted it, he can manage the $35 asking price...it's not like she's asking 5K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom