Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Does BuyDomains.com negotiate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, their prices don't always drop. In fact, in some cases they go up and up an up. In December of this year they had a domain with a listed price of 17k... few weeks later the price went up to 20k... a little later up to 30k.... And I just checked on the price NOW (as in two minutes ago) and the listed price is 35k???

Unbefreakingliveable.

Morons...

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida wrote:

Their business model sucks... if it wasn't for the sheer volume of domains they have (and the capital), they'd never make a sale based on sound business practices. If I owned BFD, it would be a hell of a lot more profitable --not to mention that I would remove all the lies, BS, and hype from the website... [/rant pt.2] ;)
+++++++++++++

Their business model can't suck THAT bad --as they are the largest domain owner in the world with over 300,000 domains.

They sell more domains per week than most domainers buy.

I bet they are very profitable.

cyberserf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They do negotiate. Like onspec said, they do call, as well, sometimes if you don't listen to their initial price (depends on the name). In one case with myself, they called a week or so after a name they quoted went unanswered.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
I like Mike and think BD are good people.

They are successful, and I think that turns people off.

Wrong. What turns people off is their sucky, unprofessional attitude, and unreasonable prices.

cyberserf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, their prices are unreasonably high. I've let names drop that they pick up, but the reason I dropped them is that they turned out to not be that good.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Their business model can't suck THAT bad --as they are the largest domain owner in the world with over 300,000 domains.

They sell more domains per week than most domainers buy.

Puravida wanted to point out that they would be even more profitable, if they resided on planet Earth, as opposed to Mars. Just because they are the largest domain owner in the world, does not mean everything. Vast majority of their domains are useless regfee domains - which they sell for $ 288. There is nothing exceptional about that.

Those domains that are any good are way overpriced and out of reach of any sensible buyers. And their good domains are overpriced because they really don't want to sell them. And they don't want to sell them because if they do, they will not be a "force to be reckon" with. You see, in people with small penises, it is all about power and ego. If they were to sell all those good to great domains they would be left with all those regfee domains, which would mean that they would loose power... and nobody would talk about them (or write stories about them) anymore. They would become anonymous and fade away as "insignifgicant players"... and for those kind of people becoming anonymous, after tasting the "life in bright spotlights," is fate worse than death. This way they continue to be in the "spotlight", and their ego is stroked on daily basis.

And if they were really worth their own salt, they would have developed much better looking and sophisticated site than their current "1995-era looking" flagship site is.

When I see the company sitting on so much cash presenting themselves with a site as sophisticated as my 10 year old newphew's, I can't help but to cringe.

It's like seeing a dentist with a mouthfull of rotten teeth.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
...And if they were really worth their own salt, they would have developed much better looking and sophisticated site than their current "1995-era looking" flagship site is.

When I see the company sitting on so much cash presenting themselves with a site as sophisticated as my 10 year old newphew's, I can't help but to cringe.

It's like seeing a dentist with a mouthfull of rotten teeth.

Wonderfully put! Couldn't have said it any better myself! :approve:

cyberserf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About the same here...got a quote on a name and about a week later got a 25% discount.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We all want to get top prices for our domains.

I don't see unprofessionalism with BuyDomains.

I think they are more professional than many/most domainers.

What about them isn't?

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I think they are more professional than many/most domainers.

What about them isn't?

Ignoring your customers and mocking them (many can attest) is not my idea of professionalism.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In fact, they remind me of nothing more than a bunch of low-class kids who are throwing around "daddys" money and got into a lucrative business only because they were lucky... IMO... at any rate, I do know they are egotistical and treat potential customers poorly (which is about the same as 99% of ALL companies now-a-days).

[/rant]

christopher_c

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can keep this post on-topic rather than debating BD's business model?

>>They do not seem to monitor their emails.<<
I have found this to be true as well, on a few occasions I've sent counter-offers without receiving a reply (between 50-70%). I haven't tried calling but email negotiations to my experience have not been useful.

There are definitely inconsistencies with their system as well, a friend wanted to buy a domain from then and was ranting to me on icq about the quoted price being $11k (really overblown). When I checked the domain, the posted price was less than $2k.

How much of that has to do with the domain being owned versus brokered? Does anyone have any experience here selling domains through them?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ignoring your customers and mocking them (many can attest) is not my idea of professionalism.

What do you mean?

How much of that has to do with the domain being owned versus brokered? Does anyone have any experience here selling domains through them?

At one time I listed a domain or two with them. The offer(s) came through email directly.

I do not think BuyDomains really "brokers" domain names. You can list them on their site though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom