Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I just put 10 domains up for Sundays Auction to pump things up some. We shall see if they do any good or not. Is 10 still the limit?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can normally decided without too much trouble if I think a name is worth the risk of registering, based on several criteria.

But when I get domain burn out, I just can't face looking at names to decide which are worth registering. It seems like too much effort.

Fortunately this has only happened rarely, and only lasts for a day or two.

May be that was depression ;-)

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Burnout - Hey guys maybe you should take up Fishing - alot like domain buying but the view is usually better. I leave the phones and laptops behind and always come back in feeling a bit recharged. Everybody needs a way out - Just a thought - Steve

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
...maybe you should take up Fishing - alot like domain buying but the view is usually better. I leave the phones and laptops behind and always come back in feeling a bit recharged.

I went fishing yesterday in the good ol Florida Everglades. What a nice day I had. After spending $150 on a new boombox at BestBuy, $275 on a new rod combo, coolbubbles, plus a pair of hemostats at OutdoorWorld, then $100 on lawn chairs and a fold up table at SportsAuthority, I finally made it out to my spot after stocking up on a six of Corona and a boarshead sub at Publix.

The fish? Well... I got rained out of there only about an hour and a half after I set up. I'm about to head out the door now to do the same thing today, hopefully with better luck.

Think it would do some good for my cpft ratio.
cpft = cost per fishing trip

Off to recharge!
Make it a great domain week, you guys!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds good Media Hound - Good luck today - I was 30+ miles out in the Gulf yesterday and the only thing I caught was a sun burn and 4' hammerhead with an attitude - Never thought about my (cpft = cost per fishing trip) but it must of been about $50+ a pound on that shark. I took my laptop with me and I think that was the problem. Steve

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even if your not having the domain blues, take a day off this week and do something you enjoy.
What a nice day fishing. Sunburnt and caught a Tilapia.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:'( Have not seen the auction around anymore Tommy. Too many resellers looking for small prices and everyone wants high dollar for there domains but there are no end users on the forum buying.

M

mole

MediaHound said:
Sunburnt and caught a Tilapia.

LOL! I tried fishing when I was a kid and came home with a guppy I caught in the drain. I have never gone fishing ever since.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I 2nd the motion for feesh'n...............leavin right now............ :approve:

M

mole

My idea of fishing is to lay some crab traps on Google Adwords, and watch the lobsters bite with my webstat monitor. :-(

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote for the day;
Take rest. A field that has rested gives a beautiful crop. - Ovid

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
My idea of fishing is to lay some crab traps on Google Adwords, and watch the lobsters bite with my webstat monitor. :-(

Tell me about it!
Mine is guessing if they'll send the check on the same day of each month.

M

mole

DomainProfiles said:
A field that has rested gives a beautiful crop. - Ovid

Truth well told, files. My day job is great but it saps every ounce of emotional energy out of me, sometimes I wonder how I run on empty.

M

mole

MediaHound said:
Mine is guessing if they'll send the check on the same day of each month.

You mean you actually earn money from this thing, hound? I just like to see who comes to my domains at 5c a click.

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have it in my hands (they hurt) and sometimes I get it in general, then take a break, go to the pub get pissed, see my friends hear them complain about there jobs. And then I'm back, rested and hungry!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
You mean you actually earn money from this thing, hound? I just like to see who comes to my domains at 5c a click.

Adsense is good.
They just need to have a set day that they pay out their checks.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:-D gone feesh'n again.................caught some snapper the other day in the gulf.......

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cuaght a shark today, about 3 1/2 foot long............good eaten

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainProfiles said:
cuaght a shark today, about 3 1/2 foot long............good eaten
How about a photo?Or a sample ! Hee Hee ! I wish the domain name business was so great that I could go shark hunting. :eek:k: Instead I will just take my perfect dog for a walk. www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~circus/nanicolle/dog.swf

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually take the summers off as sales seem to really slow down. Nothing burns me out more than trying to sell names and no ones biting. September thru Feb sales are better at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom