Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain deleted by registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAlien

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

On October 8, 2006, I've won the auction of an domain in Snapnames, and Snapnames register the domain using one of their registrar partners.

On December 17, I've sold the domain to one of my clients.

On December 27, 2006, For unknow reasons the registrar of that domain name deleted the domain name, and it was subsequently reregistered by a third party.

What can i do? Do you think i should sue Snapnames?

William

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think snapnames is liable , especially since you did have the domain delivered to you at that registrar, you need to deal with the registrar that deleted the domain.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Back in October, did the domain "hard delete"? ... to put it another way, did the registry truly delete it? ...it sounds as if they did, which would likely be a good thing for you; make a huge difference in your chances of recovering it.

When you won the domain in October, what did you do with it?...

While you "owned" it, did you modify the Whois info in any way?

In particular, did you update the name servers? I ask because that's going to be recorded at the registry level.

Was there an active website on the domain? ... if parked, was it getting traffic (assuming it had any to begin with) up to when you sold it?

Does DomainTools.com and/or other whois caching services have any whois records on-file showing you as the listed registrant?

Before talking about suing anyone, it's important to build a detailed history of the domain ... it may be situation where someone dropped the ball and you're left with little to no recourse beyond a measly refund from Snapnames ... on a related note, if you sold it on the 17th and it deleted on the 27th, then perhaps it's not your problem ... or had the transaction not closed yet prior to deletion?

Hope this helps.

Ron

TheAlien

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Domagon,

Yes, the registry truly delete it because i saw it is pendingdelete days ago, and now it is on pool's auctions.

I've never did anything with the domain, also the client.

I just simply push the domain to the client, and the client update the whois informations with his own.

I still have the screenshots with the whois records, and yes it is listed registrant.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did it truly delete in October too?

Ron

TheAlien

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

They delete it 3-4 days ago, and now putting on the pool's auctions.

Google cache still have my whois informations.

register is partner with snapnames, you know what i'm talking about if you ever use snapnames.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but was it truly deleted in October too?

English must not be your native language ... perhaps someone here can kindly translate my posts for you. Good luck.

Ron

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think i should sue Snapnames?

On what enforceable grounds do you have for something they eventually had
nothing to do with?

BTW, did you transfer the ownership of the domain name to your client even if
you sold it to them?

Seriously, though, I doubt you'll be able to do anything more...except try to
acquire it from its current registrant.

What happened prior to that is anyone's guess.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Based on the limited information, my best guess is:

* The domain was simply expired (not truly deleted) back in October...

* ...it was sold by a "drop" service, but for whatever reason the registration period wasn't extended (not renewed)...

* ...and thus it recently was truly deleted.

To be clear the above is only a guess ... but unless the thread poster can state with certainty the domain was truly deleted back in October too, the above outline is most plausable.

Recovery of the domain may be realistically possible - the thread poster should consider hiring someone who can take the time and effort to research the matter further.

Ron

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Based on the limited information, my best guess is:

* The domain was simply expired (not truly deleted) back in October...

* ...it was sold by a "drop" service, but for whatever reason the registration period wasn't extended (not renewed)...

* ...and thus it recently was truly deleted.

To be clear the above is only a guess ... but unless the thread poster can state with certainty the domain was truly deleted back in October too, the above outline is most plausable.

Recovery of the domain may be realistically possible - the thread poster should consider hiring someone who can take the time and effort to research the matter further.

Ron

Most plausable scenario, I agree.

I experienced this recently, fortunately I was monitoring the name and contacted the registrar before it was truly deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom