Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain For Sale on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice name?

Why, exactly?

Look's like a combination of two unrelated dictionary words, to me. Or am I missing something?

criticmaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is that suppose too mean?

All words are unrelated until you put them together. PrintSex can mean "printed sex materials" such as magazines and books.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
Nice name?

Why, exactly?

Look's like a combination of two unrelated dictionary words, to me. Or am I missing something?

Drewbert - come on man!

You can't go around crapping in people's sales threads. How many times have you been told?

I don't care if somebody is selling > MyAssHasPimples.com for 100K. It is not your place to make derogatory comments in their sales thread. This is not the appraisal section - and your opinions are not wanted here.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The first opinion posted was "nice name".

I was just asking THAT guy, why he thought it was a "nice name".

If you don't want appraisals in the sales section you need to police it BOTH WAYS.

Or all you end up in the sales section is people licking each others butts, and that just leads to an Afternic situation, where people start thinking their names are worth more than they really are, and this whole industry becomes a laughing stock (again).

Anyway, the name appears to have an appraisal of $751 (cough cough) and a starting bid of $198, so I guess we'll know if it really is a "nice name" in a few days time.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are asking THAT guy why he felt it was nice, then PM him dude.

Btw, maybe the poster of the comment was just looking to boost his post count. He's a new member.

-WC-

PS: as a side note, I think it should be considered advertising another site when someone posts a domain for sale on ebay. I am not sure why it's allowed here, it's not allowed in a few of the other sites I hit.

criticmaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to advertise it.

This isn't any secret tactic to boost my hits. As for the appraisal, I think it is the fairest one out there. You go anywhere else and you get appraisals like $30,000 and $50,000. Why don't you cough on that Drew.

Besides this thread is suppose to be about advertising Domains for sale. I think if you have something good to say then say it. Otherwise just leave it alone. Negative energy is not needed anywhere.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>I think if you have something good to say then say it. Otherwise just leave it alone. Negative energy is not needed anywhere.

"All those who agree with me are welcome. Those of opposing views need to be banished from the kingdom."

How fascist can you get?

criticmaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildCard

PS: as a side note, I think it should be considered advertising another site when someone posts a domain for sale on ebay. I am not sure why it's allowed here, it's not allowed in a few of the other sites I hit.

The point is SELLING domains. The only rule on this forum is you cannot do more then one listing a day. People give links to sites all the time. If I opened up an Ebay store, that would be considered a website. This was just one auction that was apart of the ebay environment.

criticmaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>I think if you have something good to say then say it. Otherwise just leave it alone. Negative energy is not needed anywhere.

"All those who agree with me are welcome. Those of opposing views need to be banished from the kingdom."

How fascist can you get?

You misunderstood me. Your little quote should go, "All those who agree with me are welcome. Those opposing can find something else they like."

When people advertise in the newspaper, the replies you get by phone are usually replies of interest. It is rare that you get a call that just puts down the ad. That is what this section of the forum is like, just another ad. Those who are interested, reply!

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey.

I asked THE OTHER GUY why he thought it was a nice name.

This idea of "good comments only" is so sad. Either take your medicine, or ban comments altogether.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Drewbert

You are out of line. RJ should be glad you did not post anything like this in his 6G thread.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice name?

Why, exactly?

Drewbert, if you would have left out the last two coments I don't think there would be an issue.

Nice name?

Why, exactly?

This looks like you are interested as to why the "nice name" comment was made.

Adding: Look's like a combination of two unrelated dictionary words, to me. Or am I missing something?

Adding the last part might lead one to believe that you just wanted to spout your opinion and slam the name.

criticmaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was in an advertising section. When someone advertises, the general response is of interest.

If you want to argue, go to the discussion section. So if you want to make an offer, then say so. If not, then don't do anything.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ebay auction over.

Name in question got 3 bids from 2 bidders, maxing out at 6 CENTS.

Nice name?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ebay auction over.

Name in question got 3 bids from 2 bidders, maxing out at 6 CENTS.

Nice name?

You waited until the auction was over (4 days) to say "Nice name?" again?

Now that is obsessing! Move on man!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just found this thread. I think it's interesting as no offending posts were deleted throughout the sale.

Crap comments in a Sales thread should be deleted by the moderators without exception!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com

Drewbert - come on man!

You can't go around crapping in people's sales threads. How many times have you been told?

I don't care if somebody is selling > MyAssHasPimples.com for 100K. It is not your place to make derogatory comments in their sales thread. This is not the appraisal section - and your opinions are not wanted here.

Well-said NamePopper, well-said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom