Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Registry of America / droa.com = Scam Artists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not today I received 12 "spam" snail mail letters today from this stupid company
Domain Registry of America
189 Queen Street., Suite 209
Melbourne, 3000
Australia

The thing that amazes me is the letters were sent from the Phillipines, obviously because it is probably much cheaper for this scam company to post to their potential scammed customers to re-register their expiring domain names.

They recommend that I re-register my names for a yearly fee of $38.00 AUD or $25.00USD per year.

For a start what a bloody rip-off, and as if I would be sucked in to post these scam artists my credit card details.

Unfortunately I live on the Western side of Australia, if I did live in Melbourne on the Eastern side of Australia I would visit their office and have a word to say to them.

I wonder how many other domainers receive these snail mail scams or if they actually suck many people in to re-registering their names... it pisses me off that they have used my whois info to post these letters to me.... Unfortunately I cannot afford to hide my whois through idprotect at enom.

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happens every where...here in Canada we get the mail from Domain Registry of Canada

I got about 38 mails in a month

Just write down whats on your mind (don't be polite :-D ) and post it back to them using their return envelope. but...FORGET to stamp them :-D Hope they would pay for it...I sent all of my 38 return envelops with out stamps :-D

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
marketscript said:
It happens every where...here in Canada we get the mail from Domain Registry of Canada

I got about 38 mails in a month

Just write down whats on your mind (don't be polite :-D ) and post it back to them using their return envelope. but...FORGET to stamp them :-D Hope they would pay for it...I sent all of my 38 return envelops with out stamps :-D

Good idea, I will save them then and post them back to them for christmas... of course as you reccomended without a stamp! :santa:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An old, old scam. If you use the search feature here you can find tons of info & complaints about them

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Think of them as a reminder service letting one know what domains are expiring soon; notices have been helpful in tracking down some domains I'd forgotten about LOL!

Ron

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Peace said:
...Just write down whats on your mind (don't be polite :-D ) and post it back to them using their return envelope. but...FORGET to stamp them :-D Hope they would pay for it...I sent all of my 38 return envelops with out stamps :-D

A number of yrs ago the post office would knock on the door with a postage due bill for unstamped mail. Fairly certain that was eliminated long ago in the US and mail now goes to the round filing cabinet or is returned to sender if there is a reply address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom