Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Theft-for-Ransom Hits css-tricks.com and Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems like we've been down this road before. Typically, the thefts somehow are tied to gmail accounts.

In the case of getting a domain back, the one time I had to do it was simple, easy, and quick using legal[@]godaddy.com.

Why professional people want to continue using gmail or yahoomail is beyond me. It is hard to take anyone seriously then they are still using email addresses regged as tweens.

You're a blogger, a domainer, a tech person. Time to use a real grown up email. Keep your gMail but use an email address that closely reflects on your interests or business.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very well said. I agree, alot of times these hijackings happen when people use free email services. Never ever use a free email address as your domain contact. To me, it's just common sense.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very well said. I agree, alot of times these hijackings happen when people use free email services. Never ever use a free email address as your domain contact. To me, it's just common sense.

I would agree, then again, common sense is not "common" :)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why professional people want to continue using gmail or yahoomail is beyond me. It is hard to take anyone seriously then they are still using email addresses regged as tweens.

Agreed.

But so you understand why companies/professionals may want to use it: the clients I know who do use it, use it because of it's massive storage capabilities and like how any of their authorized employers can access it without too much complication.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But so you understand why companies/professionals may want to use it: the clients I know who do use it, use it because of it's massive storage capabilities and like how any of their authorized employers can access it without too much complication.
True. I have helped a few clients set up their Google app-powered "corporate" email (or rather small business email). It's easier to manage as an administrator (esp. for non-techie office managers), and many employees now require web-based access to work remotely from home (when apps like Citrix are beyond budget).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom