• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale EDeals.com Brings $61,005. At Pool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mole
Oh really, are you a vertical buyer then, nex? Why? :huh:
I develop, Mole. :-) The GD bidded name was the name of a licensable property I was developing (but didn't yet have enough invested not to consider sale of just the .COM name), and I was looking for a comparable replacement for the domain name in case development panned out. .NET is still a "second best" in my mind.

~ Nexus
 
Originally posted by mole
Question remains, why did you buy vertical i.e. com.net.org.info.biz?
If my answer didn't hit it, you might do better rephrasing the question more simply. :-) Maybe by saying "Why did you ______ instead of just _____ ."

~ Nexus
 
Originally posted by Nexus
If my answer didn't hit it, you might do better rephrasing the question more simply. :-) Maybe by saying "Why did you ______ instead of just _____ ."

LOL!
 
a bunch of folks have expressed that edeals.com could be worth what it was supposedly purchased for. i agree that it could - under VERY special circumstances if purchased by a company that's going to put it to use in connection with a real, well financed venture.

now, the problem with that is... the people buying domains on pool.com are speculators. even if they plan to 'use' the domain, they are still essentially speculators who watch the drop lists and make moves on domains. i don't think they are entreprenuers who see a domain dropping, then run out and put together a business plan, raise VC, and then hope pool gets the name so they can buy it.

$60,000 is a heck of a lot to pay for a speculative domain. it's the kind of money only a truly committed, well financed venture would spend. and i don't see why those kinds of operators would be turning to pool.com for their companies' URLs.

i'm afraid that someone might have paid $60,000 for this domain, thinking they are going to resell it for more than that. if there are people doing that, it's not good for any of us. it doesn't mean that prices for aftermarket domains have gone up. it just means that some crazy people are wasting their money.

i will watch edeals.com with interest. just as i have culinary.com, which has been spectacularly unimpressive thus far.

the registrars are winning. nobody else.
 
Originally posted by mole
LOL!
I don't rule out selling names I guess. I'd been trying out GD's system and left a couple of names in there. One just happened to get seen. GD was sending out avid press releases at the time.
Originally posted by Android
$60,000 is a heck of a lot to pay for a speculative domain.
I completely agree. Like culinary.com, I think these domains are bought by people who have some idea of what it will be used for.

Either it is an end-user, or it is an agent of an end-user or broker with a lead. I would be very surprised if any domain going for a high-price like that was a speculator with no prospects in place.

~ Nexus
 
If not for a mistake by bidder 279 the domain would have probably sold for around 20k.

The new owner either has serious development plans or has a confirmed buyer for the name.

I wonder if the new owner has read about the 60K typo? What would you do if you bid the 75k and then found out about the typo?
 
I wonder if the new owner has read about the 60K typo? What would you do if you bid the 75k and then found out about the typo?

Then you just claim that you meant to bid $7500.00 as a proxy bid and that it was a typo also. :-D
 
So any leads as to who owns this domain now?
 
Domain Name: EDEALS.COM
Registrar: REBEL.COM SERVICES CORP.
Whois Server: whois.rebel.com
Referral URL: http://www.rebel.com
Name Server: DNS.POOL.COM
Name Server: DNS2.POOL.COM
Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Updated Date: 26-nov-2003
Creation Date: 26-nov-2003
Expiration Date: 26-nov-2004

p.s. we got a ton of 'e'names ourselves & and still wondering how long it will take until we sell one for $ XX,XXX.XX - well i guess forever ... or wait, let me look in my ePlaner.com...
 
I guess who won the name didnt pay yet.
 
Originally posted by elequa
I guess who won the name didnt pay yet.

I'm guessing they won't.
 
Originally posted by elequa
I guess who won the name didnt pay yet.


or,
Wire didnt get to Canada yet. As you know international wire transfers sometimes take over 2 weeks. I had such problems myself. Sometimes 24hrs and once it took 3 weeks for escrow.com to receive the funds.
 
wow 2 or 3 weeks is a long time... :-D
 
We have a winner. Check the whois.
 
from tampa. perhaps it's duke =)
 
Not Duke lol, but he is a member here.

Co'mon man, make yourself known, be proud of that name!
 
Originally posted by Nexus
I would be very surprised if any domain going for a high-price like that was a speculator with no prospects in place.

Or a misguided fool still stuck with grand delusions of a dream long dead - the infamous dotcom "euphoria".

A good dotcom used to open doors to VCs and IPOs. It's a very different world today. A name like edeals.com would send the chill up the spine of any VC who has been burnt by the e hype. Sure, there are still evolving business models that leapfrog expectations. But as bid would say, e is for the "old fart" who is trying to get into the game NOW. Ebay was a survivor with a good business model and extreme persistence. The name stuck, pure and simple, with millions plowed into getting that name known.

hmm, this should be in an appraisal thread :-)

Whatever it is, I wish the new owner luck and a good business model will always rule. My instincts just fire that this was madness, rightfully or wrongfully so, especially with 0 bid typos flying all over the place. Instincts are often wrong. Such is life.
 
Originally posted by Sharpy
Not Duke lol, but he is a member here.

Co'mon man, make yourself known, be proud of that name!

Congratulations to you. :)
 
Originally posted by Sharpy
Not Duke lol, but he is a member here.

Co'mon man, make yourself known, be proud of that name!
errrh...
lets have a guessing quiz:-D
what is the starting letter of his nick??:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom